Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest soroush0313

Hello everyone :)

Excuse me if my question asked before but I've searched the thread and no answer for it!!!

Is there any possibility to run Android on our device via NAND?

Another question is how to connect VPN on this Froyo? I've tried to connect VPN on my O2 but there is no luck!!! :rolleyes:.

Anyway Very BIG Thanks to all of the community and the DEVs :rolleyes:.

Guest voyteckst
Hello everyone :)

Excuse me if my question asked before but I've searched the thread and no answer for it!!!

Is there any possibility to run Android on our device via NAND?

Another question is how to connect VPN on this Froyo? I've tried to connect VPN on my O2 but there is no luck!!! :rolleyes:.

Anyway Very BIG Thanks to all of the community and the DEVs :rolleyes:.

NAND - no

VPN - it isn't working in android well not only on our Froyo, but also on other native android phones. It probably depends how You have configured Your VPN.

Guest PuCiNhOOO
In new froyo which is not released yet, all sensors work fine ;-)

Sorry the "rush", but are there any battery improvements in the new version?

Will the wi-fi hotspot work too?

Many thanks for the goood work =)

Guest superdupersianz

Is there any improvements on wifi? I encounter random wifi-related problems (such as unable to turn wifi on/off, disconnected, unable to scan networks...) seems not very stable wifi and can only be resolved by rebooting the device.

Edited by superdupersianz

Guest n4m3less
In new froyo which is not released yet, all sensors work fine ;-)

hi voyteckst! great news....and problem of fast battery drain?

thk and good work

Guest voyteckst
Is there any improvements on wifi? I encounter random wifi-related problems (such as unable to turn wifi on/off, disconnected, unable to scan networks...) seems not very stable wifi and can only be resolved by rebooting the device.

It works fast and stable.

why not release nand froyo?

Priority is to have stable froyo. Then we can think about it.

Guest Leeds
hi voyteckst! great news....and problem of fast battery drain?

thk and good work

I did solve the battery life problem by updating the PHONE part on my I8000

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ife-26-06-2011/

Also, I am really looking forward for the 24bit display driver support so we can hopefully get rid of banding :)

I am yet to see the full power of our AMOLED screens :rolleyes:

Thanks everybody for working so hard and making it possible to run Android so good on our Omnia's!

:rolleyes:

Guest Leeds
when stable froyo is release?

Well, our current froyo is pretty stable in my opinion but if you're asking when there will be a new version of it, then I would say

When it's done :)

I bet the devs are working hard to make it happen, just have patience friends :rolleyes:

Edited by Leeds

Guest Sinistersky
Well, our current froyo is pretty stable in my opinion but if you're asking when there will be a new version of it, then I would say

When it's done :)

I bet the devs are working hard to make it happen, just have patience friends :rolleyes:

it's...not...that...stable... ... -.-

Guest paranoiadk
i use jj1 phone part and cputuner...but when you use,for a short time, wifi or 3g data or camera the fast battery drain problem is not resolve

Have a look here about which phone part works best: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ife-26-06-2011/

If you need the files just search modaco or google sam-firmware.

Tutorials for flashing can be found in the WinMo ROM threads.

Good luck! :)

Guest Shadowlord666

So, has SOD been fixed in the newest unreleased build?

Or am I the only one still having SOD with the latest released build?

Guest Leeds

Well, I think some people mistake the current beta stability with our phone's lack of RAM and bad drivers..

The current froyo is very stable but there are some force closes and ocasional slugishness due to the fact that our phone doesn't have enough RAM or decent drivers to run Android properly, that and the fact that it isn't an native Android phone..

These problems are definitely not caused by an unstable froyo, I am sure there is room for improvement, but don't expect any kind of magic :rolleyes:

Although the dev's are doing an incredible job and Android runs pretty fast at the moment, I don't think it will ever run silky smooth as you guys imagine simply because of the hardware limitations on our phones, I think that the processor, although it's age, it's pretty good, but our "dedicated graphics processor" plus bad drivers and the lack of RAM are a big joke made by Samsung, these things together cripple the device..

Samsung should have gone for something similar to the Adreno200 GPU (HD2), invested much more on the driver development and made a better use of the RAM on our phone.. that would have made things so much easier :)

Anyway, I would say that based on our hardware (arm11 cpu, ~150mb ram (yes, not 256), bad "gpu"+bad samsung drivers), froyo is running pretty damn good and I am really glad that the dev's made this possible!

Heeyoo!

Edited by Leeds

Guest peyman_omnia2

when new froyo is release and in new froyo bluetooth is work?

Edited by peyman_omnia2