Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest voyteckst

All Gurus I need help!!! After I install all android data to my new 8gb SD card, same problem bothering me for whole night. I cannot sign in or create a new account to get into the Market. "Cannot Establish to your account please try later or contact to customer care" any Guru can explain to me WTF is this??? Thank you.

This is bug in GoogleServicesFramework in the way how it obtains and sends MAC address. It expects it to be separated with ":", but on Omnia 2 it is separated with ".". That's why it fails. Try to login via Youtube with Your gmail account.

BTW. I corrected this in new (not published yet) beta.

Guest coffeeguy

I think the most annoying thing for me is the Time-bug. This thing keeps me away from switching to android for daily usage. Everything else works fine for me.

y17dt, if you are referring to "incorrect time in the notification bar ", I am using this fix, and it works so far. I even set alarms to wake me up, and clock is running perfectly:

"METHOD 2 BY Quato7906, MoDaCo

1.Put the time Region in Windows Mobile to London GMT;

2.Set your time in Windows ;

3.Run Android and set your time,you will notice that time works correctly then"

Downside is that you need to adjust your time each time you boot into Windows.

Hope it helps

Guest superdupersianz

y17dt, if you are referring to "incorrect time in the notification bar ", I am using this fix, and it works so far. I even set alarms to wake me up, and clock is running perfectly:

"METHOD 2 BY Quato7906, MoDaCo

1.Put the time Region in Windows Mobile to London GMT;

2.Set your time in Windows ;

3.Run Android and set your time,you will notice that time works correctly then"

Downside is that you need to adjust your time each time you boot into Windows.

Hope it helps

And that was quoted from XDA member, l3ong91 thread, right?

For those who had problems, you guys can check out l3ong91 thread as there are different fixes and instructions provided over to fix these bugs.

Guest teryo

Hi Masters from all over the world. I used the eclair release before and it works ok. Now I'm trying to make froyo work (install to SD Card) but failed in doing so. I followed the instructions from the site where you download the beta releases but no success until now. I get stuck on the second boot (Running Haret from root of my storage) with the error of "wake up blah blah blah ". Please someone help me. Tnx!

Guest paranoiadk

Maybe I didn´t explain it clearly. I was talking about phone networks, not wifi. When I said "my neighbor's network" I meant another country's phone network. Android is unable to scan for a new phone network (it returns an error), so i have to search for my network in WinMo.

Greetings.

+1

I get Vodafone Simobil in Slovenia and when I was close to the Italian border I got Vodafone IT and I couldn't manually scan for 2G/3G networks and was stuck on Vodafone IT. I guess it doesn't matter which network you're on, but just for the purpose of pointing out the issue...

And yes, I fixed it by switching networks in WinMo.

Does the phone, when "resumed" on android boot pick up where it left off in WinMo?

I'm not sure though, but I think that if the foreign signal was weak enough, android changes back to domestic.

Guest StupidOmnia2

This is bug in GoogleServicesFramework in the way how it obtains and sends MAC address. It expects it to be separated with ":", but on Omnia 2 it is separated with ".". That's why it fails. Try to login via Youtube with Your gmail account.

BTW. I corrected this in new (not published yet) beta.

Thank you BTW. I try it first!!! and when the new one to be release???

Guest TheSamuray

Dear voyteckst ,, as a member of developers team ,, which one u like to use :

installation int Mystorage or into SD card(Hi speed one)

For me i didnt notice any differences between both ,, it is the same mainly

Any how ,, we r waiting for the new beta ,,

best regards & many many thanks

Guest voyteckst

Dear voyteckst ,, as a member of developers team ,, which one u like to use :

installation int Mystorage or into SD card(Hi speed one)

For me i didnt notice any differences between both ,, it is the same mainly

Any how ,, we r waiting for the new beta ,,

best regards & many many thanks

I prefer My Storage. But You can install it where You like ;-)

Guest StupidOmnia2

Thank you BTW. I try it first!!! and when the new one to be release???

All Gurus, somehow I still stuck in the youtube which would not let me sign in through youtube. Should i use another account for this problem???

Guest voyteckst

All Gurus, somehow I still stuck in the youtube which would not let me sign in through youtube. Should i use another account for this problem???

Google account.

Guest Vinicius Oliveira

Hi Masters from all over the world. I used the eclair release before and it works ok. Now I'm trying to make froyo work (install to SD Card) but failed in doing so. I followed the instructions from the site where you download the beta releases but no success until now. I get stuck on the second boot (Running Haret from root of my storage) with the error of "wake up blah blah blah ". Please someone help me. Tnx!

Try Using the correct Video Drivers

See seccond post on XDA

Hi,

I have an samsung i8000GT omnia 2 16 GB runing froyo beta 1. I need adobe flash player pluging for some apps and other websites. I saw the adobe flash pluging 3 , on market but I can't install.

Is it due to hardware issues(incompatibility) or software issues?

Will it be possible for the next froyo beta to instal the plugin?

I do have a book online (text book) which I can play and read with adobe flash player only. That's why I ask for it.

Thank you in advance and I wish you all the best.

Edited by bf5

Guest lol = ^_^

Hi,

I have an samsung i8000GT omnia 2 16 GB runing froyo beta 1. I need adobe flash player pluging for some apps and other websites. I saw the adobe flash pluging 3 , on market but I can't install.

Is it due to hardware issues(incompatibility) or software issues?

Will it be possible for the next froyo beta to instal the plugin?

I do have a book online (text book) which I can play and read with adobe flash player only. That's why I ask for it.

Thank you in advance and I wish you all the best.

You already posted a new topic and yet you still post the same question here.. =_=..

Anyway sorry it's not possible to install flash on our O2 as its processor is ARMV6. The Adobe Flash Plugin Requires ARMV7. You could search at the XDA forums for the ARMV6 Modified Flash Plugin but sadly, it doesn't work on my phone..

You already posted a new topic and yet you still post the same question here.. =_=..

Anyway sorry it's not possible to install flash on our O2 as its processor is ARMV6. The Adobe Flash Plugin Requires ARMV7. You could search at the XDA forums for the ARMV6 Modified Flash Plugin but sadly, it doesn't work on my phone..

How can I delete the "new topic" ? I didn't want to do a new topic .

Thanks a million :))! for sharing the idea about xda forum. IT WORKS VERY WELL. I am so happy. It may help others as well.

Guest sambosat

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by sambosat

Guest lol = ^_^

Thanks a million :))! for sharing the idea about xda forum. IT WORKS VERY WELL. I am so happy. It may help others as well.

Good thing it works for you :). I may reinstall FroYo so maybe it would work. :)

Good thing it works for you :). I may reinstall FroYo so maybe it would work. :)

I guess you have the same phone as mine GT i8000 omnia 2 16 GB.

I am using froyo bundle from "ritchietos" see this link on xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1066313

And I am using: update white theme(orignal froyo bar) from the previous link. I installed froyo with UBUNTU.

Did you encounter any problems with yahoo mail app ? Because after I install it I noticed time wasn't displaying correct anymore. And guess what after I

uninstalled Yahoo mail app every think went back to normal.

Edited by bf5

Guest lol = ^_^

I guess you have the same phone as mine GT i8000 omnia 2 16 GB.

I am using froyo bundle from "ritchietos" see this link on xda http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1066313

And I am using: update white theme(orignal froyo bar) from the previous link. I installed froyo with UBUNTU.

Did you encounter any problems with yahoo mail app ? Because after I install it I noticed time wasn't displaying correct anymore. And guess what after I

uninstalled Yahoo mail app every think went back to normal.

I didn't install any apps. I think my Android Installation got corrupted because I installed it with EXT4. EXT2 does the same, they both will have corrupted Android installations after a couple of weeks. Oh well I guess I'll try EXT3 when I get home :-)

BTW. Could someone create an FPU enabler for our Omnia II's processor? The only thing that keeps me from using Android on the O2 is the lack of an FPU, which can make the system a hell lot faster if used properly! Maybe we can ask Chainfire for assistance. After all he and Ginkage made the Omnia II a usable phone will the release of their LIBGLES drivers as well as the FPU enabler.

Edited by lol = ^_^

Guest andreslopez93

hello would like to know whether the development of Android Omnia2 still alive, because I have not posted any updates.

Also to thank you for the effort!