Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest glococo

hi voytecks

Is there any chance to use heimdall o odin and install android4ever?

regarding the speed,was improved?i was testing ext2 and ext4 on local memory4Gb and have some frezes.the cpu seems to have much unleashed power.

gpu driver seems to be an obstacle right?

my best to all of you who spend lot of timein this awesome project!

Guest mishatir

guide on how to compile the sources of the project.

See

message v o y t e c k s t post=1673103

As I wrote: he's got problems because he's trying to compile 2.6.32 kernel. It'll not work yet.

Edited by mishatir

Guest voyteckst

See

message v o y t e c k s t post=1673103

2.6.32 kernel works now. This kernel (it's modules) requires modem.bin (because we are now loading Phone module ourself) and modified libsec-ril.so, so it'll not work if You compile it Yourself yet.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest alabama20

2.6.32 kernel works now. This kernel (it's modules) requires modem.bin (because we are now loading Phone module ourself) and modified libsec-ril.so, so it'll not work if You compile it Yourself yet.

Today i watched the timeline and you guys are doing great job so many THX for it!

Guest voyteckst

2.6.32 kernel - the red screen. It is correct?

Yes (actually pink). After this android should boot. But in 2.6.32 mmcblk devices exchange numbers (0<->1).

Guest mishatir

Yes (actually pink). After this android should boot. But in 2.6.32 mmcblk devices exchange numbers (0<->1).

Ok!

6.32 - running

change: modules, loadmod,init.rc

Thanks

Guest nikkotsoi

2.6.32 kernel - the red screen. It is correct?

what is the difference between current beta one's kernel and 2.6.32?

more stable and faster ?

Guest voyteckst

Ok!

6.32 - running

change: modules, loadmod,init.rc

Thanks

Do not use 3g data connections yet. It has some timing bug which has to be fixed.

Guest mishatir

Where to take modem.bin and new libsec-ril.so. And how to establish modem.bin?

Rename Phone_I8000XXJA1.bin to modem.bin?

Thanks

Guest Pazuzu666

Is it foreseeable when the new beta will come out? I'm dieing to put Android on my phone and finally not have to bother myself with Windows Mobile anymore...

Thanks for the reply and for your work :-)

Guest voyteckst

Where to take modem.bin and new libsec-ril.so. And how to establish modem.bin?

Rename Phone_I8000XXJA1.bin to modem.bin?

Thanks

It's not published yet. modem.bin is taken from I6500.

Guest urkopi

How is the progress of the two files Voyteckst!?

More or less, when we will have the new beta!?

Regards and thanks Devs, and especially to Voyteckst! =) smile.gif

wink.gif

Guest mishatir

voyteckst! Help me to include GSM. (kernel 6.32_rev169)

Thanks

Edited by mishatir

Guest voyteckst

voyteckst! Help me to include GSM. (kernel 6.32_rev169)

Thanks

It's useless for You till we correct kernel error which causes phone module switch off when phone goes sleep (it seems that only in froyo).

Guest erikcas

It's useless for You till we correct kernel error which causes phone module switch off when phone goes sleep (it seems that only in froyo).

Nice. Got it booting on my B7610. Maybe try to do some changes in keymappping while waiting for this kernel-fix.

Good work :rolleyes:

Guest DimonAK

voyteckst laid out please modem.bin taken from I6500 to link your phone to work. Laid out and modified libsec-ril.so. Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks

Guest voyteckst

voyteckst laid out please modem.bin taken from I6500 to link your phone to work. Laid out and modified libsec-ril.so. Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks

I told You, that' not usable till correction of bug...

dev team, doing quite a job, but we are tired of waiting. Does the Beta 2 will be? I came to the stage to sell my phone. patience, patience. how much more we wait. Please tell a date now. :( :( :( :(

Guest alabama20

dev team, doing quite a job, but we are tired of waiting. Does the Beta 2 will be? I came to the stage to sell my phone. patience, patience. how much more we wait. Please tell a date now. :( :( :( :(

According to me you can't ask an exact date from the devs. They will release it as soon as possible, but i heard that they are only a few now and the second thing is, if they release a second beta a lot of people start asking stupid questions about how to... etc. so plse be patient and if you can't wait then rather sell it!

Edited by alabama20

Guest peyman_omnia2

voyteckst You can uplod a video of the new froyo?thanx very much for great hobby. sorry for my bad enghlish

Edited by peyman_omnia2

I don't mean to be rude but I feel obliged to say something when people insist to think that the devs owe them something..

I need to remind you that they are doing this to help people like us to get Android on our phones by using their own spare time to work on this project while asking nothing but our patience in return! This is not their obligation, you should be thankful instead of whining all the time about not getting a release date..

Why it's so hard for you to understand?

It will be released when it's done!