Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

All we have to be pacients because they dont are proffesionals and we only can wait for the release

They're proffesionals

They're not SuperMan

wink.gifcool.gif

Regards!

Edited by urkopi

Guest voyteckst

Nah, he said we should discuss about Eclair, that he would create a new topic for that for sure..

I am talking about the new Froyo beta :)

I was talking about new topic when new beta or rc version come out (no matter eclair or froyo), to have access myself to first posts for editing. This thread is to big and it's mix of questions to different mods. One version = one thread.

Guest voyteckst

Voyteckst can yo link the eclair version thay you are using? Only if you think that it is a good idea

No.

BTW. It seems (but needs more testing) that phone off bug on froyo is solved. Probably when sensors will be done we publish new version.

Guest superdupersianz

No.

BTW. It seems (but needs more testing) that phone off bug on froyo is solved. Probably when sensors will be done we publish new version.

Nice!!! Good job dev team.

Guest jingang

No.

thanks for your good job,i will wait forthe new beta,thanks

Guest PuCiNhOOO

No.

What's missing in the sensors? You've told that all six of them are working fine ...

Need some help ?

Guest voyteckst

What's missing in the sensors? You've told that all six of them are working fine ...

Need some help ?

In eclair they're working , because it has different interface. In froyo not, but it's nothing so big I think. Then optimizing and cleaning.

Guest mccmjoon76

Hi guys .. i want to boot this Froyo beta 1 on my wife phone .. i follow all the step as below . But with no luck dry.gif

I even full formatted the 'my memory' and SD Card but i get stuck on the booting screen for more than half hours or the booting progress keep running and running ..

Can't see 'Android' boot animation ..

Edit : I can boot Eclair 2.1 with no problem em... what did i do wrong ? should i hard reset the custom WM 6.5 ROM 'I Don't want to do this unless is a MUST !' huh.gif

Quetion : How long it takes for 1st Booting ?

Can anyone help me on this please wink.gif

Thanks ..

INSTALLATION TUTORIALS

FROYO BETA 1 OFFICIAL INSTALLATION GUIDE By l3ong91, XDA

1. Clean out SD card using Settings> Memory Settings> Storage Card > Format in WinMo mode.

2. Download Froyo Beta 1 here.

3. After finish, unrar it.

4. Download 2D/3D libraries files.

5. Make sure that it was renamed to o2b3update.tar.gz

6. Placed the o2beta folder, ext4.tar.gz, haret.exe, startup.txt, zImage and o2b3update.tar.gz in root of My Storage.

7. Run haret.exe from My Storage> o2beta folder.

8. After auto-reboot back to Win Mo, start haret.exe from root of My Storage.

*It will freeze at the Android bootup screen for a moment...please be patient.

*Some keymapping has changed:

Lock/ Turn off Android ------> Changed to Call End button

Back/ Return key------------> Changed to the default Lock key

Home Key ------------------> Set to the Back button (above Camera button)

*Camera is working now

*For those who have problems, try to download the updated 2D/3D library files by mihai_miha

Edited by mccmjoon76

Guest nikkotsoi

Hi guys .. i want to boot this Froyo beta 1 on my wife phone .. i follow all the step as below . But with no luck dry.gif

I even full formatted the 'my memory' and SD Card but i get stuck on the booting screen for more than half hours or the booting progress keep running and running ..

Edit : I can boot Eclair 2.1 with no problem em... what did i do wrong ? should i hard reset the custom WM 6.5 ROM 'I Don't want to do this unless is a MUST !' huh.gif

Thanks ..

just unzip all files and put them into the "my storage"

open the o2beta folder and press haret.exe to install

after auto reboot when installation finished

open haret.exe in my storage..

just wait and wait...

it takes only 20~30s in the linux boot screen

but very long time in the android animation ..

Guest nikkotsoi

In eclair they're working , because it has different interface. In froyo not, but it's nothing so big I think. Then optimizing and cleaning.

just want to ask is the sensor delay problem solved ?

if yes,, we can play more games like doodle jump with the sensor mode :lol::lol:

Guest Elhawwary

Great news , keep going devs.

Can't wait until the new froyo release ,but trying ..hhhh !

Best Wishes for you to get it done.

Waiting your awesome work .

Guest andylau

Thanks ..

1.you said that it kept running and running,did you put the 2d/3d driver files in your "my storage",you can download it here or just go to http://www.filesonic...b3update.tar.gz ,then put the file o2b3update.tar.gz in the root of my storage,then click haret.exe to boot froyo beta1

2.if you can take a photo of the screen,it will be much useful for us to help you

hope you good luck and have fun

Edited by andylau

Guest mccmjoon76

just unzip all files and put them into the "my storage"

open the o2beta folder and press haret.exe to install

after auto reboot when installation finished

open haret.exe in my storage..

just wait and wait...

it takes only 20~30s in the linux boot screen

but very long time in the android animation ..

Thanks for the reply .. i follow the step just as u post ..

Thx for the booting time 20~30s ? mine after half hours also didn't see the 'Android' animation .. i think i had to hard reset the WM ROM em...

Guest mccmjoon76

1.you said that it kept running and running,did you put the 2d/3d driver files in your "my storage",you can download it here or just go to http://www.filesonic...b3update.tar.gz ,then put the file o2b3update.tar.gz in the root of my storage,then click haret.exe to boot froyo beta1

2.if you can take a photo of the screen,it will be much useful for us to help you

hope you good luck and have fun

Yep i did put the 2d/3d driver files and name it to 'o2b3update.tar.gz' before 1st booting .. still no luck.. will download the file that u upload and see how .. fingers cross ..

Hope no need to hard reset the WM ROM ..smile.gif

Thx .. will feedback later .

Edited by mccmjoon76

Guest erikcas

Yep i did put the 2d/3d driver files and name it to 'o2b3update.tar.gz' before 1st booting .. still no luck.. will download the file that u upload and see how .. fingers cross ..

Hope no need to hard reset the WM ROM ..smile.gif

Thx .. will feedback later .

Why should you want to hard reset the rom?

If WM boots fine, and from WM you can boot the kernel with haret (do you see the text output when you start haret?) then there is nothing wrong with your rom. Think it has to do more with your partition settings, maybe play with the settings in default.txt (or is it startup.txt) in the haret.exe dir.