Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest yeapsc73

hi all guru , newbie here

may i ask if this android 2.2 beta is dual-booting with winmo 6.5 or just only can boot on android after complete installation? i'm still using the garmin gps on winmo

Guest PuCiNhOOO

hi all guru , newbie here

may i ask if this android 2.2 beta is dual-booting with winmo 6.5 or just only can boot on android after complete installation? i'm still using the garmin gps on winmo

Yes... it's "dual boot". it's booted throug haret

Guest Trasheador

Unfortunately there is no XXJJ1 version for ITV (Italian) PHONE part...

Last Kies update in Italian language refers to following codes:

PDA: I8000NXXJH1

CSC: I8000ITVJH1

Phone: I8000XXJF1

Contents: I8000ITVJH1

Date: 9/4/10 12:40

XXJJ1 version (wich seems newer than XXJH1) have not been released in my language... Or am I wrong??

Kies is showing XXJH1 version as update from XXJC1 / XXJB2... Would it be possible that XXJJ1 version would come out after this first update?

My interest, obviously, is to have the best WinMo / Android phone, considering that my normal use, at the moment, is with WM 6.5 wich is the official OS.

This Froyo porting is looking very interesting and attractive... great work, but still not fully usable for day-by-day use as the main software on my phone...

Thanks.

you can download JJ1 from http://www.samfirmware.com/ and install in italian through Octans.

I doubt it won't work, it work for me in Argentina, and it's an european release, and in case it doesn't, you can restore previous FW.

Unfortunately there is no XXJJ1 version for ITV (Italian) PHONE part...

XXJJ1 version (wich seems newer than XXJH1) have not been released in my language... Or am I wrong??

Kies is showing XXJH1 version as update from XXJC1 / XXJB2... Would it be possible that XXJJ1 version would come out after this first update?

My interest, obviously, is to have the best WinMo / Android phone, considering that my normal use, at the moment, is with WM 6.5 wich is the official OS.

This Froyo porting is looking very interesting and attractive... great work, but still not fully usable for day-by-day use as the main software on my phone...

Thanks.

Speedfrog posted some time ago the XXJJ1 firmware here: http://www.modaco.co...are-i8000nxjj1/

As Trasheador said, it's an european firmware release

I just checked on my Omnia and that release has 15 languages, including Italian :)

Here in Brazil we never had a single official firmware update so I have to use european firmwares and they always worked fine

Also, I never tested this but I think you can change the language after flashing the firmware

Settings > General Settings > Language Change > Italian

JJ1 firmware pda (.MST) improved a lot of stuff, for instance gallery and phonebook are much faster, settings are more organized, amongst other things..

I guess it's always good to have the latest firmware pda (.MST), not so sure about the PHONE (.bin) part though..

If you ask my opinion I would say that only if you are not happy with the battery life on Android that is worth trying a different PHONE part, other than that, it won't bring you much improvement on anything, some people said it improves GPS, 3G and stuff like that but I didn't noticed any difference on them after updating to JJ1..

Also, please bear in mind that if you know what you're doing, flashing the firmware pda (.MST) is like 99.98% safe but flashing the PHONE (.bin) part is not, you can brick your Omnia, so do it at your own risk.

I would consider reading here on forum about flashing procedures and the risks involved, there is a lot of useful posts that might help a lot ;)

I hope it helps

Edited by Leeds

Speedfrog posted some time ago the XXJJ1 firmware here: http://www.modaco.co...are-i8000nxjj1/

As Trasheador said, it's an european firmware release

I just checked on my Omnia and that release has 15 languages, including Italian :)

Here in Brazil we never had a single official firmware update so I have to use european firmwares and they always worked fine

Also, I never tested this but I think you can change the language after flashing the firmware

Settings > General Settings > Language Change > Italian

JJ1 firmware pda (.MST) improved a lot of stuff, for instance gallery and phonebook are much faster, settings are more organized, amongst other things..

I guess it's always good to have the latest firmware pda (.MST), not so sure about the PHONE (.bin) part though..

If you ask my opinion I would say that only if you are not happy with the battery life on Android that is worth trying a different PHONE part, other than that, it won't bring you much improvement on anything, some people said it improves GPS, 3G and stuff like that but I didn't noticed any difference on them after updating to JJ1..

Also, please bear in mind that if you know what you're doing, flashing the firmware pda (.MST) is like 99.98% safe but flashing the PHONE (.bin) part is not, you can brick your Omnia, so do it at your own risk.

I would consider reading here on forum about flashing procedures and the risks involved, there is a lot of useful posts that might help a lot ;)

I hope it helps

I flashed with JJ1 firmware (form http://www.samfirmware.com/) with Octans Downloader, just right latest Kies 2.0 release (Kies!!!!!) bricked out my phone, stucking at 83% on second progress stage in download mode!!

I have Windows 7 Enterprise - 64 bit on AMD processor, so I had to follow the thoughtest ROM update procedure, concerning installation of unsigned drivers and initial problems with device detection in Octans Downloader, magically disappeared after a couple of plugs / unplugs of the device).

Anyhow I did it!!

Installed directly in Italian, but surprise: some parts of the OS are not in italian. Base coded language of ROM is Flemish or Dutch. Examples ? Scheduler is in a sort of north european language, when I installed Google Maps it was in the same north european language, Opera 9.5 has the same problem... So: many side effects. Tried to switch language in English from settings, and it seems that all translations are correct, except for the fact that Google Maps is still downloaded and installed in the wrong language (and you cannot change it! - even if you dowloaded in english or italian Google home page), and Opera is not defaulting to english home page in Google.

I think that's not an official European release, anyway... Should it be?

If it is, then it's "buggy", at least for italian language...

About improvements: haven't noticed yet any in particular... but I agree with you: I prefer having my terminal up to date as much as possible with latest releases fixes.

Any chance to find XXJH1 Samsung official release (so, for sure correctly tranlated, even if it's not the latest of the latest) to be flashed with Octans Downloader?

Thank you.

Edited by DEV-il

Guest alabama20

I flashed with JJ1 firmware (form http://www.samfirmware.com/) with Octans Downloader, just right latest Kies 2.0 release (Kies!!!!!) bricked out my phone, stucking at 83% on second progress stage in download mode!!

I have Windows 7 Enterprise - 64 bit on AMD processor, so I had to follow the thoughtest ROM update procedure, concerning installation of unsigned drivers and initial problems with device detection in Octans Downloader, magically disappeared after a couple of plugs / unplugs of the device).

Anyhow I did it!!

Installed directly in Italian, but surprise: some parts of the OS are not in italian. Base coded language of ROM is Flemish or Dutch. Examples ? Scheduler is in a sort of north european language, when I installed Google Maps it was in the same north european language, Opera 9.5 has the same problem... So: many side effects. Tried to switch language in English from settings, and it seems that all translations are correct, except for the fact that Google Maps is still downloaded and installed in the wrong language (and you cannot change it! - even if you dowloaded in english or italian Google home page), and Opera is not defaulting to english home page in Google.

I think that's not an official European release, anyway... Should it be?

If it is, then it's "buggy", at least for italian language...

About improvements: haven't noticed yet any in particular... but I agree with you: I prefer having my terminal up to date as much as possible with latest releases fixes.

Any chance to find XXJH1 Samsung official release (so, for sure correctly tranlated, even if it's not the latest of the latest) to be flashed with Octans Downloader?

Thank you.

NEVER flash with KIES it's a piece of crap!

(...)Installed directly in Italian, but surprise: some parts of the OS are not in italian. Base coded language of ROM is Flemish or Dutch. Examples ? Scheduler is in a sort of north european language(...)

About the scheduler and some other things being in another language

You can fix that by going to Settings > System > Regional Settings > Italian

Sorry for the offtopic everyone but like alabama20 said if we can help, we'll do it :D

DEV-il, send me a PM if you have any doubt

I hope that helps

Edited by Leeds

About the scheduler and some other things being in another language

You can fix that by going to Settings > System > Regional Settings > Italian

Sorry for the offtopic everyone but like alabama20 said if we can help, we'll do it :D

DEV-il, send me a PM if you have any doubt

I hope that helps

It perrfectly worked, thank you!! Scheduler and Google Apps in Italian...

For some reason it was setted up to Dutch even in a straight italian language installation... (?!?!?)

Guys, it's android thread ;-)

@voyteckst: you are absolutely right ! I thought to be off topic just after my second post !! Sorry...

Anyhow everything is almost related to next Android beta release: I updated my phone just to be ready for your incoming (is it?!?! :D :D ) release!! :)

For now: thank you guys... your help has been very valuable, hoping this would help other people too.

And now waiting the new dev team release!!! :D

Happy compiling!

BTW: how is it going?

If there is proper module (I see it in the kernel) and You have firmware, only libhardware_legacy.so library should be recompiled and wifi.conf changed and it probably should work.

To do this, I should need froyo source and specific sources for our device, right?

Just googling around and trying to learn and understand :)

Edited by erikcas

Guest voyteckst

To do this, I should need froyo source and specific sources for our device, right?

Just googling around and trying to learn and understand :)

W have froyo compiled from sources (samdroid) with some modifications made for i8000.

why flash player for armv6 dont work in froyo

Don't know. I haven't try it yet.

Edited by voyteckst

if i see someone else saying "please give us the new release now" i'm gonna scream.

Lucky for my ears I am behind the wheels of steel in an hour playing some extra loud music tonight!

I hate people screaming

:P

Edited by erikcas

W have froyo compiled from sources (samdroid) with some modifications made for i8000.

Maybe I will try to get into that one day B) (self-knowledge, will be lost in my laptop whole day tomorrow and the days (weeks?) after...)

Guest Speedfrog

this is your recent posts peyman_omnia2:

In Topic: Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Yesterday, 08:28 PM

mr voytecks why not release the new android we are very tired ?dont Upset of my question

07 September 2011 - 09:17 AM

i konw porting is very hard but i know you can do it.you think nand android will come for omnia 2?thanks

07 September 2011 - 09:06 AM

mr voyteckst you can nand this new android ?

03 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

mr voytecks the bugs was not sloved?

30 August 2011 - 08:03 PM

mr voyteckst I am very excited. what time is it possible to use new android?thanks

Can you please stop asking when they are gonna release the new froyo?!

this is your recent posts peyman_omnia2:

Can you please stop asking when they are gonna release the new froyo?!

i agree with you,

we should wait for it more patiencely

devs donot own you anything,please stop asking,you donot have right to order others

thanks devs

:D

Edited by jingang

Guest rom_omnia2

Im curious about that DPI stuff, the resolution is ok but i guess there's a feature under development, i guess its this:

Enable in driver 24bit display support and get rid of banding

And thanks, i never thought i could run Android when bought my OmniaII, we already have it running but people still asking crazy for a new release. If you aren't happy with the actualy version, then go away. My opinion.

Another question, isn't your bisiness but however here we go if anyone can help me:

Im developing in Adobe Air for Android but can't install any newer version of AIR SDK. There's also the that ADB works fine but i can't debug applications in my phone, the IDE can't find it.

Guest superdupersianz

Hi, anyone know the way to fix the wifi. It seems to be keep on Disconnecting/ Unable to scan for network/ Scanning. Is there any way I can fix that bug( sad.gif I can't connect to the wifi)? Or I'll have to wait till the next release?

Guest thanh_nha0706

Hi, anyone know the way to fix the wifi. It seems to be keep on Disconnecting/ Unable to scan for network/ Scanning. Is there any way I can fix that bug( sad.gif I can't connect to the wifi)? Or I'll have to wait till the next release?

Yep you should wait. It's about 1 week left until the next version released but nothing for sure. :)