Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest djsolidsnake86
the freeze is still here, i installed the new beta and the o2bupdate.tar.gz, but is the same....

i had only 1 freeze since i updated with that files..

Guest 92omnia92

congratulations, now should be necessary to improve Battery Save and Camera, 3G and bugfix.

AH, one questions, it's possible to donate some to creator? thanks and congratulations

Guest djsolidsnake86
1. I installed, but cannot see anywhere. :)

2. On the previous page I mentioned some. ;)

And a question: How can I read the SMS from the SIM.

at the start it ask if you want the original android menu or launcherpro

Edited by djsolidsnake86

I know it's not supported yet, but has anyone had any luck on booting with the Verizon Omnia II i920?

The alpha worked with the supplied modified zImage.

I tried everything as per instructions, Haret would hang at 'Jumping to Kernel'

So I replaced with the old zImage for i920 from the alpha.

It would run through a bunch of text, and with no confirmation or readable kernel panic, it said rebooting.

So i ran the second haret, and it had a karnel panic:

'Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-bloc(0,0) '

Any ideas? Anyone have any luck on the i920?

I'm using the updated 512mb download.

Guest bobhero

played with it for about an hour, and it didn't freeze until I added my APN and proxy addresses and saved them (i know cell data isn't working, but just wanted to play around).

after rebooting from that freeze, it no longer goes into android... after launching haret it stops on:

11.904821] | GPIO CONTROL FOR PHONE ON |

on another note..

Is there a way to transfer files to the device via USB? when I plug it in, it only charges, no data connection to the PC.

Edited by bobhero

Guest nonione
just read forum... it was mentioned many times...

i did but its not the same error the other was kernel panic as well but it says 'Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-bloc(0,0) ' or something like that

mines about the init:

kernel panic - not syncing: no init found. try passing init = option to kernel.

so yeah, i dont know what to do

Guest rumucor

hi people. One question. With good wifi connection the browser and the market loading very slow. For download a 4megas app im 1 hour. Do you have the same problem?

Guest voyteckst
hi people. One question. With good wifi connection the browser and the market loading very slow. For download a 4megas app im 1 hour. Do you have the same problem?

No. It's working quite fast.

Guest Sinistersky

mine is working full speed xD it's freaking awesome...been running for 5 hours and it didnt freeze once..and i tried lots of apps....even angry birds patched version 1.3.5 works amazingy fast and no white blocks and stuff....wich is awesome...playing zynga poker all day...battery went from 75-21 in 4 hours of fair usage...it needs to be improved....;) but all in all...freaking amazing work..thnx so much xD

EDIT: still haven't fixed contacts...can't seem to have them -.-

Edited by Sinistersky

Guest Dwarlor

First of all thanks to all who have made Android on our Omnia2 possible ;) .

I have been reading all the old topics for a long time now and I must say I have been sceptic, but now I'm really impressed.

I have been playing with Android for an hour or so and it has crashed quite a few times, but I'm loving it anyway.

EDIT: I'm using the 1G partition image. Maybe there is a difference between the two?

Edited by Dwarlor

mine is working full speed xD it's freaking awesome...been running for 5 hours and it didnt freeze once..and i tried lots of apps....even angry birds patched version 1.3.5 works amazingy fast and no white blocks and stuff....wich is awesome...playing zynga poker all day...battery went from 75-21 in 4 hours of fair usage...it needs to be improved....;) but all in all...freaking amazing work..thnx so much xD

Could you explain how you installed it every step , and everything else you did ? ( config , tweaks ? ) even your mircoSD card plsss

because on my phone it freezes / crashes / doesnt respond all and works quite slow ( faster than alpha )

here android freeze initialized...with the update it seems to be better but sometimes it's freeze...maybe some another update..or 2d/3d drivers....keep waiting...

edit: i ran android once...try connect wifi and it freeze...and i can initialize it again...freeze in android name...

Edited by igorbr

Guest aafi-rocks

Thanks a lot for the gift..!!!

Can some1 plz update the first post with detial instructions.

I need help with a small guide on how to install it with the update..

do I just copy the o2bupdate.tar.gz in teh root directory and then run Haret.exe..?

Thanks again.. ;)

Guest gonzo_bonzo

Hi

Thanks to dev for the great work...

I'm happy to hear from you it works very well

Unfortunately I can not launch it due to nice "Kernel panic- not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel"

Could you please advice where is my mistake? I read evrything 3 times. I've made the partition (at least about 500Mb is missing from the sd card )

Edited by gonzo_bonzo

Guest capercb
Could you explain how you installed it every step , and everything else you did ? ( config , tweaks ? ) even your mircoSD card plsss

because on my phone it freezes / crashes / doesnt respond all and works quite slow ( faster than alpha )

please do ...i have no idea what people are doing to keep it going for hours .....

Guest Sinistersky

1) Copied all the files from zip to my storage(1024 version)

2) ran haret from o2beta

3) it creates partition( if error occurs, format the SD card with samsung format inside samsung settings)

4) ran haret from My Storage

5) installed the 2d/3d drivers patch and update

I have a 8 GB class 4 MicroSDHC card...runs at great speed..i also have launcher pro with the 3d menu and it works fast

Edited by Sinistersky

Guest djsolidsnake86

yes the battery is very important and need to be drastically improved, any solution dev guys?

Guest Dwarlor

Looks like play time is over for now...

When trying to start Android, the message: "Dumpstate_sys.log is detected. Use *#9900# to copy the log file. Please report problem with log to R&D."

I would love to do just that, but I have no idea how...

Any suggestions?

hey there!

when I start market it asks me to enable a connection (but de message closes lightning fast) and starts de wizard to create a google account... so I try to login and after a minute it give me this message "Cannot establish a reliable data conection to the server" any idea?

Edited by eskyo

Guest deadman1007

I have one question... maybe it's stupid but.....

does it matter what winmo rom it is?

I mean is it better if it's some lite rom or stock from samsung, or it does make no difference???

Thanks

Guest Tamerlan2009

All a telephone is no longer frozen!

Bags:

The cleanness of processor is maximal from it quickly an accumulator and telephone sits down warms up!(((

And not correctly shows time!

Edited by Tamerlan2009

Looks like play time is over for now...

When trying to start Android, the message: "Dumpstate_sys.log is detected. Use *#9900# to copy the log file. Please report problem with log to R&D."

I would love to do just that, but I have no idea how...

Any suggestions?

A reboot fixed it for me.