Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Guest cicciosprint
They are working on kernel level. To this time priority was sleep, battery and gsm data.

Thanks for your kind answer, voyteckst :P I was actually referring to ambient/proximity, which are given as not working and not even known in some posts.

thank you of heart man, for now i'm installing the update, but regarding that filesys file, it must be copied on a fresh beta 1?

The filesys is mainly for fresh install, because the /bin,/xbin,/system/xbin content changed - but if you copy it to an existing beta filesystem, you will have many unnecessary files, but I think it will work well

The filesys is mainly for fresh install, because the /bin,/xbin,/system/xbin content changed - but if you copy it to an existing beta filesystem, you will have many unnecessary files, but I think it will work well

So as I am running the latest Android updates on my storage up to this update I'd be better off installing the update file by placing in the root of my storage?

But if I do a fresh install in the future I'd be better of using the filing system install and update the graphics drivers/libraries afterwards?

Sorry to ask a basic question just want to make sure I get it right. Basically from my understanding you end up with the same result.

Guest djsolidsnake86

i see, but for now i will wait beta2 (that will be complete like the first one with the new filesystem?) because i don't know how install it in the current beta

regarding bugs, seem that profile switch widgets doesn't work correctly like before

Edited by djsolidsnake86

Guest bu11d0g

Hi there!

Finally got the chance to take this baby for a spin and it feels great.

Only problem is that I can't get the wifi to work properly :/

Sometimes it detects my access point and sometimes it doesn't. When it does, I just can't connect to it.

Any solutions for this behavior?

Mine does not work. After clean installation of beta1024 i tried to update to beta 2. I copied 3 files from zip and i had restart without android welcome screen.

Edited by roth79

Guest problematika

can someone explain me what i supposed to do with new update? (Yeah, i know that is a stupid question.. -.-) First install beta 1024 on my storage, and then upgrade with this new files manually? or..? sry for spamming, but its seems that is time to totally remove windows... :P

Installation on My storage, not SD.

Edited by problematika

Guest n4m3less
Mine does not work. After clean installation of beta1024 i tried to update to beta 2. I copied 3 files from zip and i had restart without android welcome screen.

because less 2d/3d lib

Guest thew0lf

Had the same problem. Unpacked the 2D/3D drivers by myself using Linux and rebooted. That did the trick (not sure if the driver did it, or if it just needed a second boot).

can someone explain me what i supposed to do with new update? (Yeah, i know that is a stupid question.. -.-) First install beta 1024 on my storage, and then upgrade with this new files manually? or..? sry for spamming, but its seems that is time to totally remove windows... :D

Installation on My storage, not SD.

If you want to make a fresh install, download o2b2filesys.zip, extract, and unpack manually (using for example Ubuntu) the .tar.gz to a clean ext3 partition. Then unpack the 2D/3D drivers manually to the right location. Copy the zImage file (the kernel) to the place where haret.exe is located, and boot. There you go !

Edit : Working great for the moment. Have not had any issue with the Welcome Wizard :P Seems even a lit more stable and definitely snappier !

Edited by thew0lf

..i managed to install beta2 with a simple trick, without manual copy to sd, just have one question before i write the guide

@thew0lf where is the right location to copy 2d/3d? ** yy figured it out

right now trying to edit tar.gz in win :P so i dont have to install ubuntu.. :D

Edited by Kapica

Not working here to. When i used o2update, i got kernel panic while booting. When i manually tried to install filesystem zip, i get no permission messages while booting. I've installed droid to my storage using the manual posted in this threat, that worked for beta1. I've formatted a ext3 partition on my storage and untar the files in the zip to that. Also the other files to the root of my storage.

Guest thew0lf
..i managed to install beta2 with a simple trick, without manual copy to sd, just have one question before i write the guide

@thew0lf where is the right location to copy 2d/3d?

Just like in the tar.gz file that includes the 2D/3D libs : /system/lib/egl/

Edited by thew0lf

some findings

i copied all files from o2bupdate.zip to storage and i boot android

everything are smoother so i made a test call after 20 sec i could hear

anything but the phone was responding as it should wake sleep and everything

so i thought that something went wrong and i copied only the zimage and made

test calls in which i was able to hear and talk over 5 min but the phone was unable to

wake up ( meaning that the screen wasn't turning on and i press several key combination)

then i copied o2bupdate.tar.gz and o2bupdate.sh and made test calls in which after 20 sec i couldn't hear anything

maybe it is only my problem and i should make a clean installation

i will test it again tomorrow and i will report

excuse my English is 2 in the morning here :P

Edited by jimmad

Guest redzone321

battery still drains quick for me.

top user is cell standby also says it only has signal 50% of the time. so maybe it keeps dropping and picking up so thats what draining the battery?>