Android on Omnia II - i8000 (18.04.2011)

Guest almar

Installing 2D/3D drivers solved the booting problem.

So far I experienced also muting of the sound during a call and also had the sleep of death problem a couple of times.

But keep up the good work! Great progress so far!

I'm referring to the GPRS update causing mine not to boot. beta2 was booting (with the 2D/3D driver) but no GPRS. I installed the GPRS update, and I no longer see anything past the Android logo...

How did you install the update? I've extracted the update manually by Ubuntu and works fine.

I installed the GPRS update by putting o2b2update.tar.gz within the root of \My Storage before booting...

Why there is allways nothing working only for You? What is xtmark?

:P. lolz. yah i wondered about that too. everything is working fine here. well exept for the rooting. damn i still cant figure this one out. :D

Guest voyteckst
:P. lolz. yah i wondered about that too. everything is working fine here. well exept for the rooting. damn i still cant figure this one out. :D

Rooting should work ootb on the beta2. If not, just create link in /system/bin to /system/xbin/su

do it under UNIX base system...

Guest djsolidsnake86
there are 2 files in duplicate name

/modules/xt_mark.ko

/modules/xt_tcpmss.ko

/modules/xt_mark.ko

/modules/xt_MARK.ko

here

this cause a error in 7zip :|

Edited by djsolidsnake86

Guest voyteckst
/modules/xt_mark.ko

/modules/xt_MARK.ko

here

this cause a error in 7zip :|

ROTFL. If You are updating to old modules, don't be surprised that android won't boot. 2d/3d drivers are only in /system/lib/egl. You probably are using Rapid81 full update....

Guest djsolidsnake86
ROTFL. If You are updating to old modules, don't be surprised that android won't boot. 2d/3d drivers are only in /system/lib/egl. You probably are using Rapid81 full update....

is a fresh install!

No, there are 2 files with duplicate name in o2b2filesys under modules.

I guess they are trying to add the 2D3D driver to the new o2b2filesys under windows.

do it under UNIX base system...

i was trying it using ubuntu. i followed the guide from the android info section and got stuck after i enter cd bin. error: No such file or directory

how come? can you guys help me using android terminal on the device???

Guest voyteckst
No, there are 2 files with duplicate name in o2b2filesys under modules.

I guess they are trying to add the 2D3D driver to the new o2b2filesys under windows.

Not duplicated: xt_MARK.xo and xt_mark.so

Linux is case-sensitive.

Guest voyteckst
i was trying it using ubuntu. i followed the guide from the android info section and got stuck after i enter cd bin. error: No such file or directory

how come? can you guys help me using android terminal on the device???

cd /system/bin

ln -s ../xbin/su su

At last nigth I made tests and see that the sleep only work if installed some cpu control app, made it the power drop become like WM 3-4% in 6hours.

I ask so, its needed forever, android system haven't self power save routine? Thanks.

Please somebody can light me?

cpuboost or something like that is always necessary?

Guest djsolidsnake86

seem that for update the beta 2 under windows7, the 2 files that are duplicated must be renamed first, then put the new updated files, and then rename that 2 files

Edited by djsolidsnake86

Guest bu11d0g
3G/Wifi is working with patch (were not working with clean install), so far no sleep of death.

What patch are u exactly talking abou?

I've installed o2b2update on a clean install and it's not working for me

No data connection

Guest dani_carrabba
Here You have update file for new beta, which eliminate problem with no 3G data connection and some dalvikvm problems. Let me know if this works fine for You.

o2b2update.tar.gz

thanks now my 3G works, so far so good on My Storage EXT2