ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

No cm had it disabled by default, I think it was down to the fact that its fairly unstable on low memory devices, since we now have swap jit will be far more stable for us so we should have it enabled by default

I enabled it through settings, cm options, performance and tick jit

I think compcache is enabled by default

Many thanks. Installed this and A2SD reports it is working for me. Slight concern the phone is running hot even with SetCPU on On Demand (614 MHz max) and my battery was going down even plugged in to my laptop. Seems better plugged into mains charger but concerned about this at the mo.

EDIT - is there no T9 in the dialer in this version?

Edited by Dr Who

Guest Richard_Arkless
Many thanks. Installed this and A2SD reports it is working for me. Slight concern the phone is running hot even with SetCPU on On Demand (614 MHz max) and my battery was going down even plugged in to my laptop. Seems better plugged into mains charger but concerned about this at the mo.

EDIT - is there no T9 in the dialer in this version?

Ive ran it for 2 days or so it hasnt got hot yet but Ive set the task manager to autokill anything while the screen is off so thats most likely why

As for the battery going down, I think others saw the same problem with cm in general, im not sure whether it happens to me yet as ive tweaked the battery life (reduce cpu, autokill tasks and disabled data and use 2g only) so it lasts a good 3 days, 4 if im doing nothing

No as this is the original dialer, not the one seen on flb 1

is it not easier to just post a link to the tiny-gapps as an addition to the rom

Im in the process of removing the gapps apps from the main rom, I will post the new rom version when I have gathered a fare amount of tweaks and fixes

Edited by Richard_Arkless

:huh: i think a grey area does not exist or better, you are allowed or not allowed to do it, but nothing between this

:D

(Sorry for further taking this OT, but.....)

LOL :rolleyes: . If we are talking about copyrights, patents, and IP, there is only grey! Until it goes all the way though the legal process, no one knows for sure what "legal" is. C&D's are a threat, not proof that a crime has been committed. :huh:

But regarding running hot, at 691, my phone runs hot. At 614, no felt temperature increase. I don't mind running things a little slower to increase battery life and avoid the potential for "premature aging" of my CPU. But options are good.

regarding running hot, at 691, my phone runs hot. At 614, no felt temperature increase.

this is normal that the CPU runs hot, i think i can't more living with the CPU @ 528 MHZ :rolleyes: :huh: :huh:

Ive ran it for 2 days or so it hasnt got hot yet but Ive set the task manager to autokill anything while the screen is off so thats most likely why

As for the battery going down, I think others saw the same problem with cm in general, im not sure whether it happens to me yet as ive tweaked the battery life (reduce cpu, autokill tasks and disabled data and use 2g only) so it lasts a good 3 days, 4 if im doing nothing

No as this is the original dialer, not the one seen on flb 1

Im in the process of removing the gapps apps from the main rom, I will post the new rom version when I have gathered a fare amount of tweaks and fixes

Seems better today, not as hot even at 691. Battery not dropping like it was yesterday evening, so maybe when it first starts there are some seriously intensive things going on that aren't visible?

Any way of installing a T9 dialer that is compatible with CM6?

Guest Richard_Arkless
Am I missing something?

I installed this and it looks great but it is telling me the android market is not installed. How do I get it installed please?

Its installed for me and so far no one has complained about this problem yet, maybe you need to reflash

Guest suriya83

don't worry. google will not care about that. and if they dislike it they send you an email. but this will never happen.

comon some guys are really funny as s*** when they talk about legal questions here...

it was another time when google wrote the letter to cyanogen and cyanogen has a big name. now the web is so full of modified ROMs. and anyway who cares about the pulse owners?

anyway back to more important things:

could you change in the keylayout to have at the volume keys WAKE_DROPPED so you can use them form music when the screen is off

Edited by suriya83

Guest Richard_Arkless

could you change in the keylayout to have at the volume keys WAKE_DROPPED so you can use them form music when the screen is off

So when the screen is of, change the volume up and down so that it controls the music, not a bad feature to add

What file shall I change, I know its in system/usr/keylayout but what file inside there

Guest starkos
don't worry. google will not care about that. and if they dislike it they send you an email. but this will never happen.

comon some guys are really funny as s*** when they talk about legal questions here...

it was another time when google wrote the letter to cyanogen and cyanogen has a big name. now the web is so full of modified ROMs. and anyway who cares about the pulse owners?

I couldn't care less about any legal issues regarding Google & I agree that we would probably never hear anything about it! My issue is that we are disrespecting the rules/policies of CyanogenMod, & considering Tom G was considering to try & make us 'official' it's not really a smart idea is it.

So when the screen is of, change the volume up and down so that it controls the music, not a bad feature to add

What file shall I change, I know its in system/usr/keylayout but what file inside there

qwerty.kl

If you aren't sure yet what to do, it'll make sense after you open it and look at it.

While you are in there, consider whether or not you want to remove wake_dropped from keys 61, 62, 232 (what I mentioned on the first page). Otherwise, it's too easy to accidentally wake the phone in your pocket by just sitting down (depending on how tight your jeans fit). :rolleyes:

Edited by twrock

Guest Richard_Arkless
qwerty.kl

If you aren't sure yet what to do, it'll make sense after you open it and look at it.

While you are in there, consider whether or not you want to remove wake_dropped from keys 61, 62, 232 (what I mentioned on the first page). Otherwise, it's too easy to accidentally wake the phone in your pocket by just sitting down (depending on how tight your jeans fit). :rolleyes:

ok now just the menu and the power button wakes it from sleep

Im still unsure on how to change the volume up and down so that they go previous and next track when the screen is off, is this possible, it also would be nice to have the camera as a pause and play button

Guest arlindo.costa
I couldn't care less about any legal issues regarding Google & I agree that we would probably never hear anything about it! My issue is that we are disrespecting the rules/policies of CyanogenMod, & considering Tom G was considering to try & make us 'official' it's not really a smart idea is it.

+1 :rolleyes:

Guest starkos
Im still unsure on how to change the volume up and down so that they go previous and next track when the screen is off, is this possible, it also would be nice to have the camera as a pause and play button

As suriya83 worked out, you need to edit the qwerty.kl file by adding WAKE_DROPPED to both of the VOLUME_UP & VOLUME_DOWN lines. This means when the screen is off you will be able to change volume with a single press & change track by holding either buttons. With regards to the camera button I'm not sure, soz :rolleyes:

Guest Richard_Arkless
As suriya83 worked out, you need to edit the qwerty.kl file by adding WAKE_DROPPED to both of the VOLUME_UP & VOLUME_DOWN lines. This means when the screen is off you will be able to change volume with a single press & change track by holding either buttons. With regards to the camera button I'm not sure, soz :rolleyes:

Ah right I didnt know that you can change track by holding down the volume button to switch tracks

Its nice to see that even though ive used android for over a year now it still manages to surprise me

One feature I wouldnt mind adding is disable the limit of incorrect password swipes before it locks you out on the android lock cause my brother likes to keep putting in the wrong password so that I cant use my phone when I want to

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi guys just ran linpack using the 749 overclocked kernel set to 729.6 and got 5.143, so that makes me 3 (and 4th as I forgot to post my name so resubmitted it) on the linpack website

http://www.greenecomputing.com/apps/linpac...pack-by-device/

jit enabled, compcache set to 26% and vm heapsize set to 24m

I still wanna know though how gusthy got 5.298 on 528mhz

edit just realised I had shootme running as I was going to task screenshots, went up to 5.203

Guest starkos
I still wanna know though how gusthy got 5.298 on 528mhz

He didn't lol! That is from when the overclocking first started & he hadn't yet added the code to show the actual clock speed, so every thing above 528Mhz was reported as 528Mhz :rolleyes:

Dumb question - how do I see Recent Applications in this ROM? Its not on the power button nor a long home press.

you need to flash it with a zip (that Starkos made) it's in the main cm thread and is called Recent.Apps.Rollerball_signed

Edited by peelie

Guest Richard_Arkless
you need to flash it with a zip (that Starkos made) it's in the main cm thread and is called Recent.Apps.Rollerball_signed

Interesting, I might add that

EDIT: I dont like the whole new layout, ill look for a solution, maybe use the camera button as home/recent apps

What do people think, the camera button is less of a sacrifice than losing use of the dpad_center

Guest Richard_Arkless
btw it is possible to fix (or to add) support for the front CAM?

thx for build this AIO ROM :rolleyes:

No its not possible, I think the only reason why they figured out how to get the back one working was because there was another phone with the same camera which had the driver source released, the front however hasnt had an alternative to....yet

Im confident that tom and the other great developers will find something soon

Guest yunzhiyue
Hi I recently I decided to try cm6 and twrock provided an easy tutorial on what things to install and also what fixes, I tried this an found it to take a while to get it up and running so I decided to put it all into one rom so its easier for people and myself included when I want to start afresh, first I asked on whether to include it on front page but then I reconsidered and thought it would be better to seperate them so it wont cause any confusion

Whats included?

Starkos' overclocked kernel

starkos' gallery, soundrecorder and camera autofocus fix

fibble's modified gapps

Darktremor apps2sd

Tweaks

the lcd density has been reduced from 160 to 140, thinks look much nicer now

To do

Include updated google apps e.g. youtube

Add various tweaks to improve performance (enable jit?) and also fixes that I find

Find a faster kernel, found a 748mhz one but that is too unstable and the user has to reduce down to 710 for it to be stable

Download: http://db.tt/fE0kjuP

Cannot download :rolleyes:

Guest Coopermad
Cannot download :rolleyes:

Hi guys. I have a simple question...

I've been loosing accelerometer using this AIO ROM (accelerometer freezes). I have to reboot my phone to get it back. Does anyone having same problem???.

Regards,