ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest iKrautDroid
Guys, I own you a big apology.

From this point I have to stop the further developing for our pulse. Because I was forced to choose between my girlfriend and this.

And what is the most normal I chose my girlfriend.

Sorry to here your leaving. Have fun with your girlfriend.

Guest Alcarne
Guys, I own you a big apology.

From this point I have to stop the further developing for our pulse. Because I was forced to choose between my girlfriend and this.

And what is the most normal I chose my girlfriend.

Girlfriends are temporary. Android is FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noooooooo Totii come baaaaack...

I am going to overclock my pulse, put setCPU on performance and let it blow in my face... :huh:

Or not. Maybe I'll hang on to it, and install twrock's 2.2.

Plus, let's get reasonable people.

Although Toti is a brilliant dev, I personally think in the last few AIO builds he made more of a mess than actually fix things. He had some great ideas, i admit that, but those were ideas only, and only giving us false hope, that the Pulse is alive.

Let's face it, nobody gives a damn about the Pulse anymore. There are now quad core phones out there...

Let's just be happy that we have somewhat stable 2.2 port... and carry on with it.

Oh and... I personally support Toti. The guy has a girlfriend. I know if my girlfriend was a dev and was spending lot more time with people that she didn't know, rather than me... I'd erased her battery stats and uninstaled her dalvik cache :)

Cheers

Guest CarpetDiem

Oh toti,we're gonna miss u.But,why dont you buy a pulse for your gf?Let her love what you love is certainly the best way to keep love forever,isnt it? lol

Regards

Guest mikeb90

hi.... ehmmm i had a problem with the installation..... it said, both for the rom and the overclocked kernel (691 mhz) : error at line 4.... i've been obliged to reinstall the 0.4 stock.... where couòd be the problem? :S

PS: i've an U8230

Question:

In Clockwork Recovery, in the partitions menu, there are format boot, system, data, cache, sdcard, sd-ext.

What are they Actually for?

partitionsmenu.png

I mean, shouldn't wipe data/factory reset, cache and dalvik cache be enough to COMPLETELY Wipe your system?

If I format boot, wouldn't there be problems with something...?

Edited by gocegi

"I mean, shouldn't wipe data/factory reset, cache and dalvik cache be enough to COMPLETELY Wipe your system?

boot, system, data, cache, sdcard, sd-ext are the partitions (folders).

wipe data does format :data, cache, sd-ext and some android folder in sdcard.

when you install CM rom, you can look "CM6_Gingersyle_b1-140\META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script" (notepad)

it does format system partition.

and format boot i'm not sure but it does format that small hiden ~2,8MB boot partition (where custom cpu kernel goes, boot.img)

sorry for my bad english :huh:

Edited by Tajel

Guest AntonioPT
Question:

In Clockwork Recovery, in the partitions menu, there are format boot, system, data, cache, sdcard, sd-ext.

What are they Actually for?

[image]

I mean, shouldn't wipe data/factory reset, cache and dalvik cache be enough to COMPLETELY Wipe your system?

If I format boot, wouldn't there be problems with something...?

Wipe data formats data, cache and sd-ext. There are times when you want to format only one partition, some roms recommend you to format system... Formatting boot doesn't make much sense, because that would disable the system from booting: you would have to flash a kernel from recovery or fastboot.

Question, my Pulse with AIO v.5, and kernel starkos 691 reboots randomly if heavy used.

Example if I turn on Maps, and wi-fi and gps all at once. And also noticed when this happens, the back of it is kind of hot... I checked the temperature values vary from 35-38 degrees celsius...

So would this be something normal, for example as a precautious option or is my pulse screwed?

Does anybody else have this? How do you get rid of it?

Guest totiadrenalin
Question, my Pulse with AIO v.5, and kernel starkos 691 reboots randomly if heavy used.

Example if I turn on Maps, and wi-fi and gps all at once. And also noticed when this happens, the back of it is kind of hot... I checked the temperature values vary from 35-38 degrees celsius...

So would this be something normal, for example as a precautious option or is my pulse screwed?

Does anybody else have this? How do you get rid of it?

Even though you really do not deserve any answer, however I'll answer your question.

The problem is with the low ram memory.

And I found where has our 85MB of ram gone.

It is used for the graphic processing unit.

So what is going on when you turn on your phone?

First of all, the Os it self is checking every app installed on your phone.

In that case each app is lounched in background and after that killed.

After that check some apps stays up.

Startup apps.

So at the early state, right after you start you phone you could get FC because of the ram memory lack.

After that, some of the apps start there own services, like the Location service of the Maps apps, and etc.

If you install to much apps that keeps them self in memory as sercvices, like some players, liveWallpapers, facebook, twitter, some other messengers, and etc. You will get a big problem.

This rom has the bigges bug in the android world.

It never kill the unneeded services.

So you will get out of ram almost instantly after the phone boots Up.

And because of the default lowmeme adj you could get random reboots. why?

Well, by defauilt the lowmem is set to kill background apps when the free ram get lower than 16MB.

Not good at all!

What if you use compcache?

Even wors!

And what if you use swap?

Well?!!!!

You ain't gonna get some big improvements!

Because of the sdcard speed!

And using the CPU to cache the apps, you will get speed decresing, and pretty low responce.

If you wan't to leave the lowmem killer to work it's job, just don't use swap or compcahe and forget the multitasking.

But why do we get random reboots?

Kernel panic, that's why!

(dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt)

Pull this file from your phone and you will find the answer of your question.

I'm using the default german 2.1 now.

Because I can't play with android anymore!

And guess what!

I'm using my Pulse as regular phone, and it works Awesome.

I'm heavy - (internet, maps, meebo, skype, games) using my phone 2+ days with 1 recharge!

Interesting!

Since I have very little free time, and I want to use reasonable my free time, this is my last post.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest berniedc

this rom works very good but i have one very big problem. i have 2 pulse and they have the same mac adress. so i can't log in to wifi with booth phones. please help me.

sorry for my bad english.

Guest Fulcrum_X

I decided to go back to a clean DE 2.1 after reading Toti's final post. Couldn't stand the fact that I just kept missing certain text messages now and then. I'm quite surprised with the speed though, it isn't that bad as I expected compared to the CM6 ROM with overclocked kernel.

Guest twrock
I decided to go back to a clean DE 2.1 after reading Toti's final post. Couldn't stand the fact that I just kept missing certain text messages now and then. I'm quite surprised with the speed though, it isn't that bad as I expected compared to the CM6 ROM with overclocked kernel.

So even with "keep messaging app in memory" clicked on, you were still missing SMS's? If that's the case, I can see a very compelling reason for going back.

I seriously need to look at whether or not I can pull those few "gotta have" utilities from CM and plug them into DE 2.1. I don't care so much about having Froyo, I just want those really useful features from CM.

Guest Fulcrum_X
So even with "keep messaging app in memory" clicked on, you were still missing SMS's? If that's the case, I can see a very compelling reason for going back.

I seriously need to look at whether or not I can pull those few "gotta have" utilities from CM and plug them into DE 2.1. I don't care so much about having Froyo, I just want those really useful features from CM.

Yeah I still kept missing text messages, always with that option checked. Tried different things, but never had it running reliable. Noticed DE 2.1 is quite fast too, and it seems to work just fine :huh:

Guest SirNuton
Do you guys know, if there are any hungarian language pack that can be installed to this rom?

MoreLocale 2 from Market should solve your problem - and install almost every language.

• 2 weeks later...