ROM cm6 AIO v7 (based on beta 0.40)

Guest Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless
Why is touchpal not working for you? Mine is...

it appears I didnt copy over all the files when I transfered all the changes to the 0.40 rom which is why its not working for me

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Do I need to wipe before installing r3 if I'm currently running AIO r2, and do I need to reinstall gapps (using tiny version) ?

Will I be able to install Touchpal from an apk I used to install it on r2 ?

I assume I'll be able to install ADW 1.3.3 (system) if I don't like Zeam

Thanks,

Guest Richard_Arkless
Do I need to wipe before installing r3 if I'm currently running AIO r2, and do I need to reinstall gapps (using tiny version) ?

Will I be able to install Touchpal from an apk I used to install it on r2 ?

I assume I'll be able to install ADW 1.3.3 (system) if I don't like Zeam

Thanks,

no you dont need to wipe, You may need to install gapps (sometimes the google apps get market updates and install on the data partition so it depends on whether you installed those updates, best to flash the gapps just in case

Yes if you dont like zeam then you can install adw BUT it wont delete zeam launcher

Guest Richard_Arkless
Is Terminal not included in r3 ?

Thanks,

no as it can be installed through the market, ive tried to keep apps in the sytem folder which you cant get in the market

no as it can be installed through the market, ive tried to keep apps in the sytem folder which you cant get in the market

OK - thanks, I've installed it from the Market now

Guest Richard_Arkless
It says that Zeam is default launcher.

So, u changed it and somehow made it system app or...?

Sorry, but could u explain that little part?

Yes it is the default launcher

I realised that if no system launcher is found then it will look for ANY launcher that is called launcher.apk in the /system/app folder

Yes it is the default launcher

I realised that if no system launcher is found then it will look for ANY launcher that is called launcher.apk in the /system/app folder

So if I delete the ADW and have the Zeam launcher in there it will be set as system since it's the only one?

Huh... Will do that. Tnx. ;)

And it's enough to pull it while installed then put it in system/app?

Edited by D-D-

Guest Richard_Arkless
So if I delete the ADW and have the Zeam launcher in there it will be set as system since it's the only one?

Huh... Will do that. Tnx. ;)

And it's enough to pull it while installed then put it in system/app?

The zeam launcher is already in the rom so you dont need to do anything

Guest SavvyLogic
no you dont need to wipe, You may need to install gapps (sometimes the google apps get market updates and install on the data partition so it depends on whether you installed those updates, best to flash the gapps just in case

Yes if you dont like zeam then you can install adw BUT it wont delete zeam launcher

Noticed that the mail app has disappeared. Is it by design? Was there an issue with it?

Guest Richard_Arkless
Noticed that the mail app has disappeared. Is it by design? Was there an issue with it?

Which one email or gmail, if your on about the email one then yes I removed it, no reason really, I think not that many people use it and just use the normal gmail app, of course if people start complaining then ill re-add it

Guest SavvyLogic
Which one email or gmail, if your on about the email one then yes I removed it, no reason really, I think not that many people use it and just use the normal gmail app, of course if people start complaining then ill re-add it

That's okay. downloaded K9 Mail from Market. But Stock EMail was very functional too

Guest Sonnengel

Hi! I'm using the cm6 AIO r3 and honestly... The best MOD i ever try!!!

Only few things...

*Would you upload the link to change the lcd density?? 140 has a lot of applications unfuntional

*The 748 OC kernel has a lot of blackouts for me... the 710 OC kernel is perfect ;)

*I flash the touchpal from here: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=64400 and its working very good!!!

Congratulations, keep working and Auf Wierdesehen!

(Sorry for my en english, I'm from Uruguay jeje)

Edited by Sonnengel

Guest Richard_Arkless
Hi! I'm using the cm6 AIO r3 and honestly... The best MOD i ever try!!!

Only few things...

*Would you upload the link to change the lcd density?? 140 has a lot of applications unfuntional

*The 748 OC kernel has a lot of blackouts for me... the 710 OC kernel is perfect ;)

*I flash the touchpal from here: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=64400 and its working very good!!!

Congratulations, keep working and Auf Wierdesehen!

(Sorry for my en english, I'm from Uruguay jeje)

Thank you for the complements

Yes I did plan on uploading a small update.zip which contained the modified lcd density but I completely forgot to do one but ive written it down on my to do list :P

The 710mhz is the default kernel used in this rom not 748mhz

Guest thisweb

Please keep it. Its the main reason I have my phone. Don't trust google with my mail. I think others will use email too. (maybe?) ;)

Please keep it. Its the main reason I have my phone. Don't trust google with my mail. I think others will use email too. (maybe?) ;)

agree - please keep email app, lots of people dont use gmail...

anyone else having trouble with using swype keyboard with this rom?

I wish I could tell you. IF I can get this rom to work at all, I will be trying to install Swype (which has become a critical app for me). But so far, I have gotten no further than bootloops! Weird. I've tried to install it three times now, and so far, no success. Admittedly I haven't read all the way through the thread to find out if others have this problem and what they have done. I'll possibly come back to it tomorrow when I have some more time. But for now, I'm restoring my previous backup.

Guest Richard_Arkless
Touchpal doesn't work for me on this. I get a force close as soon as I boot up.

Yes I know, when 0.40 of tom's cyanogenmod got released I needed to transfer all changes to that and I missed a few files that touchpal needed, ill fix that in the next version, for now just flash the touchpal cm6 zip found found on one of the pages

Talking of keyboards I will be planning to put mr.a's gingerbread android keyboard port in this rom

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Richard, I'm seriously starting to believe there is something different between our two phone's hardware. You couldn't get DT Apps2SD to work with the 691 OC kernel. I can't get your rom to boot with the 710 OC kernel you have in there as default. After a number of failed attempts to get this rom to boot, I finally flashed the 691 kernel, and it booted just fine. I've got no explanation, but hey, I won't argue with what works.

Ok, time to start tweaking and see if I can get all the extra stuff I want to work with this rom. From your list of changes, I think tweaking this rom to get what I want will be much easier than starting from scratch with Tom's. Thanks for your work.

Edited by twrock