[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Qwertzycoatl
i have the same problem. it happens (sometimes) when asking again for SU rights

When it hangs on requesting again then usually clearing the old request out of the list and trying again works :huh:

Guest Dan Diplo

Could any inform me of what the best approach is to update apps that are "baked" into the ROM? Things like Maps, GMail, Twitter etc. are all part of 8a but don't appear in the Market as installed and I'm not notified about updates for them. So how do you update them?

I've tried to read-up on this, and seen various things about using ADB and some people talking about "signing" and stuff but am thoroughly confused! Is there a simple way of updating apps in system ROM, or cannot it not be done? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've searched the forum and can't seem to find any definite answer.

Guest JimJam707
Could any inform me of what the best approach is to update apps that are "baked" into the ROM? Things like Maps, GMail, Twitter etc. are all part of 8a but don't appear in the Market as installed and I'm not notified about updates for them. So how do you update them?

I've tried to read-up on this, and seen various things about using ADB and some people talking about "signing" and stuff but am thoroughly confused! Is there a simple way of updating apps in system ROM, or cannot it not be done? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've searched the forum and can't seem to find any definite answer.

Go into the market and install them. They will replace the one in the ROM AND keep your data.

Guest Dan Diplo
Go into the market and install them. They will replace the one in the ROM AND keep your data.

Thanks. But I presume the original app will still be in the ROM and the new app will be in the program data partition, but will be used in preference? Is there any way to actually replace the one in ROM to save space?

Guest targetbsp

I forgot I'd posted that :huh: Yeah, generally it's on subsequent requests for superuser. I know there are workarounds when it does go wrong but I use root apps a lot and it becomes annoying! Also, MCR 12 and CM7 don't go wrong for me ever, and I managed to fix 8 by clearing the dalvik cache. I'm just struggling to get superuser to behave with 9.

As above, autostarts is a nightmare with it. When it goes wrong - it goes wrong in all sorts of interesting ways. Modal dialog boxes not coming up on top - that kind of thing. I seem to be having a lot of trouble with Ad free too which is weird cause it's rarely been trouble before. It's mostly been Titanium and Autostarts. I even uninstalled and re-installed adfree at one point I was having such trouble getting it to work.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest mr_mufy

Hi,

yesterday I tray install this rom and i can't.

I use a clockmod 3.0.0.6 with full wipe data/cache and on the firs boot

stocks there.

I don't know why.

Can some one help?

My phone his a SF Optimus (LCD screen) Portugal.

Can be that reason?

Edited by mr_mufy

Guest JimJam707
Thanks. But I presume the original app will still be in the ROM and the new app will be in the program data partition, but will be used in preference? Is there any way to actually replace the one in ROM to save space?

Well, if I remember correctly you were running r8 of FLB Froyo Right?

Upgrade to r9b as that has updates for the system apps.

Hi all, I've got no screen auto-rotation at all on ANY 2.2 rom. The switch is there in display settings, but it doesn't change anything. Is this a known issue? It was working fine until yesterday.

edit : Just did a full restore back to original 2.1 orange. Sensor works fine there. Flashed back to FLB 9b and its gone again. ???

I must admit, I never rooted and changed the ROM on my mobile but now I did and I tried several ROM's for the Blade for a few weeks... and what I can say, either the ZTE Blade is a bit bad or these ROM's out now are simply rubbish.

First... 2.2 is fun and all the like but nothing works as expected, many many bugs and a whole lot of dysfunctions. E.g. my Blade turns WiFi off continously, but I set to always be on (I can't even use SIP on my blade this way-). Ringtones are not working probably, you can change a whole lot of things while your phone is locked (like turning off). To fix problems I have to use adb and all the like, this can't be a consumer solution :)

Sure you tell me now, don't use this and whatsoever, I know it already, so don't tell me :huh:

At least, I didn't experienced a lot of vanilla froyo with this ROM, it is just another custom rom. can't make it out why it is so popular...

Edited by ferdig

Guest Len Ash
I must admit, I never rooted and changed the ROM on my mobile but now I did and I tried several ROM's for the Blade for a few weeks... and what I can say, either the ZTE Blade is a bit bad or these ROM's out now are simply rubbish.

First... 2.2 is fun and all the like but nothing works as expected, many many bugs and a whole lot of dysfunctions. E.g. my Blade turns WiFi off continously, but I set to always be on (I can't even use SIP on my blade this way-). Ringtones are not working probably, you can change a whole lot of things while your phone is locked (like turning off). To fix problems I have to use adb and all the like, this can't be a consumer solution :)

Sure you tell me now, don't use this and whatsoever, I know it already, so don't tell me :huh:

At least, I didn't experienced a lot of vanilla froyo with this ROM, it is just another custom rom. can't make it out why it is so popular...

Not a clue what you're trying to say, sorry. Perhaps your very first post could be a bit more constructive and relevant....

Hmm, I'm running FLB 8a and with only Dropbox and Wordfeud installed on top of the ROM. Unfortunately I'm experiencing random reboots of the phone during Wordfeud games, is this something anyone else has had trouble with?

Guest Phoenix Silver

BUGS/Errors are 12 inchs behind the keyboard

It's not because you don't know how to install a rom that the rom is rubbish

I just upgraded to v9 from v7 and while it's mostly an improvement (death to TouchPal!) sadly the previously flawless A2DP Bluetooth audio streaming is now subject to regular stuttering/dropout.

Any chance you could look into this? Thanks.

Guest the_zip_master

Just up-graded from 6a to 9a (full data and cache wipe). All working great except for the HTC_IME keyboard.

Every time i select the HTC keyboard it stops unexpectedly with a forced close.

Have tried clearing and rebooting with no success.

Any suggestions?

Guest Ricksy75
Not a clue what you're trying to say, sorry. Perhaps your very first post could be a bit more constructive and relevant....

totally agree, 1 post without asking for help, i flashed my phone and since then its been like a phone should be, maybe he works for orange and since we can have control what phone does it upsets them, totally UNJUSTIFIED COMMENTS about a rom after you probably flashed it wrong and blaming the mechanic when its the (screw)driver behind the wheel.

THIS REPLY IS AIMED AT THE OP NOT AT LANCEH

I am not a programmer/etc but appreciate all the work flib puts in especially as he does it for free.

The op should stick with his supplier if hes not happy, come to think of it why did he flash in the first place ??? oh got it, good phone crap apps, restricted market, overpriced price plan, hmmm wonder why i changed?? all for free from here.

OP DONT PUT GOOD WORK DOWN

Guest ThrashMan

First... 2.2 is fun and all the like but nothing works as expected, many many bugs and a whole lot of dysfunctions. E.g. my Blade turns WiFi off continously, but I set to always be on (I can't even use SIP on my blade this way-). Ringtones are not working probably, you can change a whole lot of things while your phone is locked (like turning off). To fix problems I have to use adb and all the like, this can't be a consumer solution :P

Sure you tell me now, don't use this and whatsoever, I know it already, so don't tell me :)

That's OK, we understand what you're saying. You stick with your default ROM where you find it nice and easy to understand what to do. You leave all the technical stuff to the big boys :huh:

Close the door as you leave :wave:

I just upgraded to v9 from v7 and while it's mostly an improvement (death to TouchPal!) sadly the previously flawless A2DP Bluetooth audio streaming is now subject to regular stuttering/dropout.

Any chance you could look into this? Thanks.

Since upgrading to v8 & subsequently v9 (both variants) I've noted seemingly random hand-shaking issues with my cars bluetooth system where before it had been faultless.

Although it still works, sometimes no signal or carrier is shown, a reboot of the phone resolves the matter for a period.

I don't know if this is related to tampers issue.

Other than that (which is only a niggle) I've no issues.

Cheers, Paul

Just up-graded from 6a to 9a (full data and cache wipe). All working great except for the HTC_IME keyboard.

Every time i select the HTC keyboard it stops unexpectedly with a forced close.

Have tried clearing and rebooting with no success.

Any suggestions?

Uninstall HTC_IME, reboot to clockwork, wipe cache and Dalvik cache, reboot again and then try reinstalling HTC_IME... Had that same problem, and after this everything went smooth...

Hello ,

After update from v7 to v9b I'm experiencing terrible battery drain .Everything is turned off - data, wifi, bt , gps, screen dimmed, fm radio off, apps killed to the bare minimum , etc... But I charged my phone 9 hours ago and now it has 70% . I made 2 short calls (1-2 mins. max) , 2 txt msgs and thats it :huh: ... 30% drain for 9 hours is ridicilous.

With v7 I had 4-5 days uptime - 0 or 1% drain overnight ...

As I saw other users are affected also, so please (flib or anyone else) - investigate this. I will gladly provide any info if needed.

I like the rom and I don't want to switch to JJ or CM7 at the moment .

Thanks.

:)

Edited by Jr0

Guest reluctant_traveller

Hmm.

First post - CHECK

Feigns a level of expertise - CHECK

Vague on details of problems - CHECK

End last sentence with string of fullstops '...' - CHECK

Troll detected.

My favorite sentence here is 'To fix problems I have to use adb and all the like, this can't be a consumer solution'

Spot on the money there mate; so why the serious face? If you need a SIP for use in your home, why are you buying a cheap Android phone instead of a proper solution.

In contrast, the only issues I had were that moving to 2.2 meant I lost the pinch to zoom in gmail.

Rooting and flashing ISN'T a "consumer" solution, it's proposed by users (what does he earn on it..?) to users who want to improve their use if stock rom doesn't fit to their usage, sometimes they like, sometimes they don't or aren't able to make it right so it's the mess...Complain to your provider who has modified the stock rom to make it buggy and slow (Bouygues in France does it very well, Orange too on HTCs especially).

i'm using FLB r9b and SIP works just fine with Csipsimple and wifi, but it's not a parameter to judge the rom as the quality depends most of your wifi signal's quality and servers you go through.

See ya...or not!