[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest taannuk

I would not make this moarning person so popular by commenting his THE ONLY message...

Thank you for the ROM and all great effort you put into it for all grateful users.

Guest Tuxxxie

I used to get around 20 hours battery time on my Blade, even using this firmware. A few days ago I tried the "reset battery stats" procedure. Right now it has been 36 hours since last charge. Wifi is off but I've been reading email (two IMAP accounts with push notifications) every now and then, Facebook and Newsrob syncs every hour, took 2 photos and sent them as MMS, running CoPilot (a major battery eater!) for 20 minutes with audio over Bluetooth/A2DP and updated 5 apps from the market. Settings -> About -> Status says that the current battery level is 40%. Awesome!

Hello ,

After update from v7 to v9b I'm experiencing terrible battery drain .Everything is turned off - data, wifi, bt , gps, screen dimmed, fm radio off, apps killed to the bare minimum

4 days, 2 hrs 9 minutes, 22% battery left, decided not to use the phoe and see how long the battery lasted on v9b

Very happy with that

I'm playing with CM7 at the moment, I think Ill be switching back to this by the end of the day. Battery life is SO bad, and crashed a lot still at this stage.

One question though, the music player on it is SO much nicer, I dunno if its a CM version or Gingerbreads default, but is there any way to get it onto this ROM? It's really nice.

Guest kazan79
4 days, 2 hrs 9 minutes, 22% battery left, decided not to use the phoe and see how long the battery lasted on v9b

Very happy with that

:huh: this is getting silly. so for what you have got that phone? :)

|Kazan|

Guest Qwertzycoatl
is it best to install Version r8a then to r9b if installing from stock rom thanks

Just go straight to 9b if you want the things in it or straight to 8a if you don't want the extras.

Just installed it 2 days ago on my brand new phone (9b version), so far so good. (Not a single issue with bluetooth on my car, no wifi drops, no ploblems with the battery either.)

Btw, it was a french ZTE, the Bouygues one, and the install wasn't troublesome at all.

Anyway thanks for the great work.

Edited by Tomne

Two bugs found in r9b:

6nYfY.pngYSnCz.png

Chinese text in gallery; Camera Recorder shows this black noise and then crashes

sorry for upside-down pictures, ShootMe did this

Edited by sharix

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Does the newer R8-R9 ROM's have AHB-overclocking either by default or via installing add-on?

R9 has Overclocking enabled by default :huh:

R8 has a kernel patch for overclocking :)

Guest arpakyna
R9 has Overclocking enabled by default :huh:

R8 has a kernel patch for overclocking :)

Just to make clear, Do you mean cpu-overclocking or AHB (advanced high-performance bus) overclocking?

Guest wishmasterf
Two bugs found in r9b:

Chinese text in gallery; Camera Recorder shows this black noise and then crashes

which camera do you have? the 5 mega pixel version?

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest gordanb

Thanks a bunch for an awesome ROM. :huh:

I love the portable wifi AP capability. Got a question about it - is there a way to reduce the transmit power in AP mode? When I use it, I do so at a range of at most 2ft. This means I can get away with TX power of about 2mW. If the default TX power can be reduced massively, it would really help improve battery life.

Guest Len Ash
Yep. Wifi is a bit crap to be honest. I'm not sure why it works one version then doesn't work the next for some people. As much as I hate to do this I'll have to look at releasing r10 with the standard wifi stuff then release a small update with alternative wifi stuff that may work better. Some people have better experiences with the Japanese Jellyfish wifi but some people don't where as the FLB/MCR wifi works fine for most people but some people have a problem. It's a pain in the backside.

End of the week I'll upload r10 with an alternative wifi update. Best I can do really since it's clear that not all ZTE Blade devices are the same :huh:

Interestingly, adding this line (in build.prop) appears to have "solved" the WiFi reconnect issue for me. As in over 2 days of variable use.

wifi.interface=wlan0

EDIT: corrected info

Edited by Len Ash

Hi. I have installed the rom and i like it.

I particularly like the voice to text function. In the keyboard it works with both german and english language, however in google search widget the languag is always english and cannot be changed.

Is this a bug?

Can you fix it?

Guest Len Ash

A better framework-res.apk with a greater light-dark range and 3 additional steps... if you find autobrightness a little limited and overbright in low light.

Flash via clockwork - only for FLB r9x

EDIT Version 2 -slightly revised

flbframework2.zip

Edited by Len Ash

Two bugs found in r9b:

6nYfY.pngYSnCz.png

not on mine there isn't all good here.

Guest the_zip_master
Uninstall HTC_IME, reboot to clockwork, wipe cache and Dalvik cache, reboot again and then try reinstalling HTC_IME... Had that same problem, and after this everything went smooth...

Thanks for the suggestion, but i still can't get the HTC_IME keyboard to work on the 9a rom.

It either crashes or does nothing at all. Worked fine on 6a, but refuses to work even after a full wipe and install??

Any other suggestions on how to get it to work?

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Thanks for the suggestion, but i still can't get the HTC_IME keyboard to work on the 9a rom.

It either crashes or does nothing at all. Worked fine on 6a, but refuses to work even after a full wipe and install??

Any other suggestions on how to get it to work?

Have you set it up in the additional package that is installed?

I'm not saying it is that but it's worth a shot I suppose :huh:

Guest the_zip_master
Have you set it up in the additional package that is installed?

I'm not saying it is that but it's worth a shot I suppose :huh:

Thanks for all the suggestions, but i finally got it working. I think the version i was installing was somehow corrupt. It was on my memory card and worked fine on 6a but not 9a??

I re-downloaded it and it worked fine.

Fibblesan - this ROM is ace. Thanks for all your hard work.

Zip