[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Fibblesan - this ROM is ace. Thanks for all your hard work.

Currently have tried 3 ROMs, and this is my favourite, seems very quick and smooth for me with no problems and an awesome boot animation! like the dude above said, cheers for all the hard work put into this for us to use :huh:

I have same problems like sharix, with the camera crashing after installing r9, but no gallery in Chinese. The bug did not manifest in r8.

Anyway, now I've partitioned my sdcard for A2SD then changed system and cache partition to 128 MB system, 4.5MB cache, 324MB data and then moved the cache to RAM. This took some time and my question is: am I going to lose these changes if I install a new ROM? Because I wouldn't like to do it again, especially the script part with the Terminal Emulator.

And then, maybe it's not the right topic here, but I couldn't find any option to remove the phone's splash screen, which is of course the operator logo, so can anyone point me in the right direction? The operator logo when the phone starts doesn't match with a nice custom ROM. I could find topics for other phones, but not for Blade.

Guest warwound
Anyone have trouble with the superuser app? I had problems in rls 8 with apps sometimes hanging when they asked for permission and I'd have to task kill them and try again. I'd had the same in JJ so assumed the superuser app was just a bit rubbish. Then I put on MCR 12 and the superuser app was just fine so when I came back to FLB 8 I thought I'd try and fix the problem. After a google, I cleared the dalvik cache and superuser app data and it worked fine in 8. But I can't make it work fine in 9 - even carrying out the aforementioned clears.

I frequently get apps hanging when they ask for super user permission.

Haven't found a fix yet...

I'm on FLB 9b now but had a the same problem with FLB9 (didn't try 9a).

warwound.

Guest Nick Rhodes

I'm back on FLB.

Still getting the issue with loosing my voice connection when WiFi reconnects after sleep (about 1 in 3 or 4 wakes).

What I did find was hitting the power button to turn the screen off and then back on again, makes the voice connection work instantly, quicker than disconnecting and reconnecting Wifi that I have been doing in the past.

Will R10 have the old 2.1 way of Wifi reconnect then (I would prefer that as could use blade wifi fix)?

Hi.

Additonally to my previous problem,

i found that the battery info that shows which component

or program used what amount of battery is not

working correctly.

"Android Sysem" is always using almost 100%

and no entry for display or phone standby is listed,

as it was with the original rom.

Why is this?

Is there a way to fix this?

Guest 12345hor

Hi!

Nice ROM, but 3 things i found, which i don´t like:

1. Combined Email Inbox - Refreshbutton has no action!

2. SMS - link to contacts missing, not good if you want to choose more then one contact to receive a sms! You have to type every name... In original you just make hooks; much better!

3. No mobile network connection, when Wlan is reconnecting from sleep!

Maybe some ideas?

Thanks for help! Go on, really nice job!!!

Richard

Edited by 12345hor

Guest wishmasterf
2. SMS - link to contacts missing, not good if you want to choose more then one contact to receive a sms! You have to type every name... In original you just make hooks; much better!

I also dont like that, but i use handcent (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.handcent.nextsms&feature=search_result). The app is very similar to the "SMS/MMS" and you can use your contacts.

Guest evilfury

My camera suddenly not focus anymore. All screenshots are blury and unreadable... anyone else with these sort of problem?

Edited by evilfury

Guest jimbobvfr400
My camera suddenly not focus anymore. All screenshots are blury and unreadable... anyone else with these sort of problem?

May be a silly question but how clean is the lens cover at the back. I had an issue with out of focus shots that appeared to be muck on the cover confusing the auto-focus. Switching to manual or cleaning the lens did the trick.

Guest nemiers
Two bugs found in r9b:

Chinese text in gallery; Camera Recorder shows this black noise and then crashes

sorry for upside-down pictures, ShootMe did this

Have same Chinese text in gallery,

But camera is working fine.

Running this rom also, but I want to have an as clean ROM as possible.

Is there a way to uninstall all extra programs in the ROm? Or can you make a clean rom without apps, because most of the apps we can download in the market also

for example:

barcode scanner

latitude

maps

navigation (i install my own)

quickoffice

Guest Len Ash
Running this rom also, but I want to have an as clean ROM as possible.

Is there a way to uninstall all extra programs in the ROm? Or can you make a clean rom without apps, because most of the apps we can download in the market also

for example:

barcode scanner

latitude

maps

navigation (i install my own)

quickoffice

Just unzip, delete the apk from the /system/ folder and rezip....

Watch what you delete- some are core apps (the ones you have listed are OK to go). If you are taking Maps out, you may as well remove Car Home launcher and app?

Guest dobbing

Thanks for the ROM flibblesan, r9b with Gingerbread theme is running great on my Orange UK TFT SF.

I switched from JJ9 performing a cache and data wipe before hand and then manually reinstalled all of apps.

Battery life seems much better than JJ9, both in standby and operation - approx 1% loss per hour in standby with everything but Bluetooth switched on (WiFi, Data, Exchange push email, Sync etc)

Only two minor issues I can report so far:

HotUKDeals Droid - this one app just seems unable to see/connect/access the network - was fine on JJ9

Google Listen - refreshes my listening queue fine but then doesn't download episodes (sometimes downloads the first) - was fine on JJ9

I've tried multiple Force Stop, Clear Data, Move to SD, Move to Phone, Uninstall, Reinstalls etc but all to no avail.

My current solutions: switch back to browser based HotUKDeals access and evaluating BeyondPod for podcast listening :-)

Thanks again and I'll look forward to r10 and perhaps a full Gingerbread release one day.

My favorite sentence here is 'To fix problems I have to use adb and all the like, this can't be a consumer solution'

Spot on the money there mate; so why the serious face? If you need a SIP for use in your home, why are you buying a cheap Android phone instead of a proper solution.

In contrast, the only issues I had were that moving to 2.2 meant I lost the pinch to zoom in gmail.

you don't even know what I did fix, so what are you going to tell me?

and yeah ok.. I don't use SIP at home. Check-mate?

seriously, if you try to help... rather don't try if you cant anyway. prove your level of expertise or just shut up :huh:

and on the other hand, Android is useless for me because of: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3902

so I need root anyway.

so what attention whore.

Guest targetbsp
Just unzip, delete the apk from the /system/ folder and rezip....

The Titanium method has an advantage though. It puts all new apps since it was last loaded at the top. So if you upgrade your rom, everything you saw fit to remove last time is at the top. In conjunction with batch uninstall you can remove all the stuff you don't want, everytime you upgrade your rom, in very little time.

you don't even know what I did fix, so what are you going to tell me?

and yeah ok.. I don't use SIP at home. Check-mate?

seriously, if you try to help... rather don't try if you cant anyway. prove your level of expertise or just shut up :huh:

and on the other hand, Android is useless for me because of: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3902

so I need root anyway.

so what attention whore.

Seriously, what are you trying to say? If you've tried other ROMs you are rooted.

Guest kazan79
Interestingly, uncommenting this line out (build.prop) appears to have "solved" the WiFi reconnect issue for me. As in over 2 days of variable use.

# wifi.interface=wlan0

I can't find this line in my build.prop. Do you have r9b?

That's strange. Will try to add it and will see results.

|Kazan|

Guest Len Ash

|Kazan|

Well spotted - it may have been missing - I added it/commented out/added to check result.

Losing track of the changes now... !

Cheers

Guest MrMcIntosh77
Google Listen - refreshes my listening queue fine but then doesn't download episodes (sometimes downloads the first) - was fine on JJ9

This is a known problem in FLB. Unfortunately the cause for the problem is not known, so there is no fix so far.

As a temporary solution you could use "Car Cast", it is not as slick and complete as Listen, but its free and does an OK job.

If you know your way around the Android system, please help to debug this problem. The cause for Listen failing seems to be that it can't find some java classes.

More discussion of the problem in this thread (but no solution): http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...-google-listen/

Guest Baggy Pipes

I've got 2 San Francisco's.

One OLED and one LCD.

Both have r9b installed on them from a clean wipe.

The OLED one runs perfectly but the LCD one is very unstable. The screen freezes when trying to swipe and jitters and wrong characters come up when typing.

I've wiped it and reinstalled r9b 3 times now but it's still unstable. I'm thinking of trying a different ROM for this one or even taking it back to 2.1 software.

Any ideas out there?

Guest Len Ash
I've got 2 San Francisco's.

One OLED and one LCD.

Both have r9b installed on them from a clean wipe.

The OLED one runs perfectly but the LCD one is very unstable. The screen freezes when trying to swipe and jitters and wrong characters come up when typing.

I've wiped it and reinstalled r9b 3 times now but it's still unstable. I'm thinking of trying a different ROM for this one or even taking it back to 2.1 software.

Any ideas out there?

I run FLB on the TFT I have, no problem. Likewise the OLED.

Try another ROM and if the same, RMA.

Just one other thing, try formatting /data and /system in CW as well as Wiping as usual... and perhaps reload CW...

Guest kazan79
Interestingly, uncommenting this line out (build.prop) appears to have "solved" the WiFi reconnect issue for me. As in over 2 days of variable use.

# wifi.interface=wlan0

|Kazan|

Well spotted - it may have been missing - I added it/commented out/added to check result.

Losing track of the changes now... !

Cheers

All tested and it definitely fixes the problem with WiFi. Thanks LanceH

|Kazan|