[ROM]CDTeam FroYoMetal V3.1--SUPERFAST FROYO 06/07/2011

Guest Dario93

Guest Diabovx

+1 really is one of the best roms I've ever had, stable, pretty fast and with a long lasting battery life. If you're working on an update, I could suggest to work on the few bugs (like camera button, App2sd and Acer Liquid settings bug) and, if you could, try to make a version with bubble notification and upper status bar, but without acer UI . Bubble notification in my opinion is very useful and confortable, but acer UI it's a bit slow. Thank you for your attention :)

Edited by Diabovx

Guest abgsiddiq

Yeah,there are good possibilities it will be updated :)

Thank you. Do update us with the development.

I got nothing to complain for v3.1 except for apps2sd problem.

Guest gangsrta

hey guys am running an acer liquid E with froyo (already came with it) with build number 4.001.08_PA_ROG. The carrier is Rogers.

everything is working fine except the camera button

when i press it it starts playing my music don't know what is the issue here can somebody help?

everything is perfect btw very fast rom lovin it

Guest zorginho

Hey dario are u currently working on something?

I want to try to do some experiments on ur leoginger, how i can use the liquidnext's work (kernel libs, etc) to fix ur rom? Maybe it's the same thing that lens flare does on his miui, but i dunno how to do this.

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

Guest Dario93

Hey dario are u currently working on something?

I want to try to do some experiments on ur leoginger, how i can use the liquidnext's work (kernel libs, etc) to fix ur rom? Maybe it's the same thing that lens flare does on his miui, but i dunno how to do this.

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

Well I'm working for other phones and Tabs :) But if you want a Leoginger upgdate it won't take long :) I can make it before the weekend i guess :)

Guest gangsrta

Flash this in recovery

also if you have not already done so make a nandroid back up as its the only way to restore back to rogers with the right baseband

dude.... you solved my problem..!

now i just need to get my handset unlocked it won't work on my network here says sim network lock...

had a friend pull in a favour for me from canada

am carrying a nandroid backup of stock firmware and yeah i restored it a couple of times

but the phone's not picking up my network

can you give a hint how i can sort this out??

through flashing if it helps!

Guest thirtytwodave

hey guys, sorry if this is a dumb question, but how do I get the notification bar back on the top with this ROM?

switch to android UI

Gangstra try going into network and search,But if its sim locked it will only work on Rogers or who ever its locked to.You can buy an unlock code off of E-bay the one i looked at was $5.26 CAD for the code then put in the sim you want to use it should ask for a code,enter code. I have tried all the unlock solutions on here and XDA but none work

I flashes FroyoMetal just a few days ago. These screenshots show the new power drain :)

I highlighted my sleeptime. On stock firmware the Liquid was drained when I woke up :(

before.jpg

Tadaa, this is FroyoMetal:

after.jpg

Just plain awesome - thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest philippe75017

hello all, and thank you dario for all the work

yet i'd be happy with a V4, but, practically, what could be the improvements compared to 3.1 ?

someone posted suggestions like fixing few bugs "camera button, App2sd and Acer Liquid settings bug"

possibly these bugs are already fixed with 3.1 (with patches) ?

so, what could the V4 look like ?

i assume updated preinstalled apps and libraries, but what else ?

thx...

• 1 month later...
Guest ozfunghi

Alrite Guys try this fix..and do tell me if a2sd works ? can anyone test asap..and yes wallpaper fc & liquid setting fc s fixed..after flashing with no sign check just check a2sdgui if it shows as app on sd highlited green. & yes for cam just flash no next song zip in the first post . :)

http://www.fileserve.com/file/bgqRF5b

If you find low volume in sound recorder & During a call..flash this without sign check

http://www.fileserve.com/file/9CAkp2a

For camera Fix ..which is also in the first post...flash with no sign check

http://www.multiupload.com/MDF0WVZS12

Please use a different website/server because fileserve is the biggest crap i've come across in quite some time. The link doesn't work and if you try to download it again, you have to wait 15 minutes. I'm about to give up on froyometal, as the main reason for me to install a custom rom, was the ability to copy all my apps to my SD card... which doesn't work, nor does the patch provided a couple of pages back. The last thing i wanted to try was this file, which i now can't download. Tried on 2 different browsers, no avail.

PS: finally was able to download with Opera. Flashed it (did i have to wipe all first?). At first glance it seems to work (though A2SD crashed at first).At second glance i'm not sure it does work, because when i check my apps in settings, none of the apps were moved to SD, and some apps still can't be moved (and i thought that was the whole idea?). Nevermind, installed LiquidNext.

Edited by ozfunghi

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest paZirezz

Hi all

.. flashed this Rom, (cause i really liked stock rom) ... so this would be better, am i right?! :) .. but sadly a2sd not workink .. after my 3rd reboot :/

i have 256MB ext2 partition, and swap partition too ... i have created it, via malez recovery, and on liquidNext and Miui Rom .. i could used it .. so i guess the partitions it's okay ..

any idea? .. also waiting for FroyoMetal V4 :P

another thing .. after i have set my settings in "liquid settings" .. after a reboot, i have to do it again :/ .. any solution?

no other issues yet :)

and yes, one thing .. i'm using "SystemApp remover" .. already uninstalled LauncherPro 0.8.5 .. and installed 0.8.6 pro with no problem ... but, do you think .. is it safe to "disable" and uninstall stuffs what i don't use?! .. example: "nemoplayer", "media server", "barcode scanner"?! .. it "eats" internal memory, and Ram .. and i really don't like / use it ..

thx for all

p.s. also waiting for a new, usable upload for "Dario93's FroYoMod v2.0 Ultimate! SEPT 28 2011" .. .. cause Multiupload.com links doesn't working at all

UPDATE: a2sd now is working .. flashed Darktremor a2sd script via Malez, reinstalled busybox, and a2sdgui from market ... problem solved :P .. swap, app2ext, everything good i guess :)

Edited by paZirezz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest philippe75017

UPDATE: a2sd now is working .. flashed Darktremor a2sd script via Malez, reinstalled busybox, and a2sdgui from market ... problem solved :P .. swap, app2ext, everything good i guess :)

hello,

are you happy with the rom at present ? with all features ?

Guest paZirezz

hello,

are you happy with the rom at present ? with all features ?

yes, it's basicly good for daily use, no serious battery drain or big problem .. but i've forgeted something in PM, maybe important to you:

- camera HW button not working (solved with 3rd party camera app, CameraFX, HDR Camera is good for me)

- camcorder can't do anything, cause HW button :D (didn't try another app .. cause not using)

- also, liquid setting still can't save settings, every reboot, have to set everything again (i can live with this, i'm using hot reboot, not "real" reboot)

main installed apps,games working, WIFI-BT-touchscreen it's good ... fast, stable... no autocloses!! (in other roms, i have a lots of autoclose)

i hope i could helped to you

cheers

Guest paZirezz

Remember, this rom is older and the developer has stopped support.

The first post released in "Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:31 PM " . yes, a bit old .. but V3.1 was in 06.07.2011 .. that wasn't a long time ago :-) .. and there is a little hope to V4 ... so, maybe the developer isn't stopped working on this (crossfinger) :D