[Splash] Nice Android splash.

Guest Frankish

Hey I managed to put the bootanimation.zip onto system directory but when i rebooted i didn't see anything other than the green android logo then a black blank screen for a while. Should I of unzipped the contents of the zip for it to work?

Guest Phoenix Silver
Hey I managed to put the bootanimation.zip onto system directory but when i rebooted i didn't see anything other than the green android logo then a black blank screen for a while. Should I of unzipped the contents of the zip for it to work?

no just copy the zip in /system/media/

i made it with adb and worked well

adb remount

adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media/

perhaps a permission problem with the file manager

(root explorer do it fine astro manager doesn't work for an ex)

@Phoenix Silver Thanks for the help but that didn't work for me.

If it helps anyone, I'm using JJRLS8 and I had to put the bootanimation.zip into the data/local directory.

If your system is stuck in read only as well. Search for mount system on the Market and you should come up with an app called, Mount /system (rw / ro) (You have to have a rooted device to use it). Then simply put the system into read/write permissions using the app and locate the folder to put the zip in using a file manager.

Hope this helps anyone

EDIT- Also the boot animation looks great so thanks very much to the OP for posting this stuff up :lol:

Edited by Tiddy_

Guest Chuzzwuzzer

I have JJ9 and tried finding bootanimation.zip and it doesn't exist in any of the media files .Was just going to copy the new zip and overwrite the old bootanimation.zip with astro file manager.I take it this wont work if i place the zip in the relevant folder if there isn't one there already ?

• 2 weeks later...
hi, i tried to flash the splash image

i typted in cmd "fastboot-windows flash splash splash.img"

cmd said waiting for device, i've waited for 15min but nothing still nothing happens? (still saying waiting for device)

what am i doing wrong?

i'm using the bladevillainrom1.1.0

hi,

i had this problem when my phone was connected through the usb hub.

if you are also doing it via a hub,unplug it and plug it directly into the computer when it says 'waiting for device'

by the time i looked back at the screen the info was written.

Guest pasanowitz

I tried that AndroidParticles 2 animation, but it doesn't look as good in the screen as it does on the web page. it is kind of sticky and slow. i'll propably change it soon.

Guest lordofangels
I tried that AndroidParticles 2 animation, but it doesn't look as good in the screen as it does on the web page. it is kind of sticky and slow. i'll propably change it soon.

thats the one I was going for, did it not improve after a couple of reboots?

anyone else tried these, and got them too work?

Edited by lordofangels

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...