[ROM][eclair][OLED+TFT] Customised BladeVillain 1.1.0 RLS4 (13/Dec)

Guest Freekers

Guest Freekers
Picturefolder maybe is same ver,but install from market is work

maybe is have the default set not have ,video player is same or not have video player?

the text input is default xt9 is not full keyboard..

other is perfect~

The dev of PictureFolder has just updated his app. I will bake a new ROM tomorrow and hope that solves the FC issues of PictureFolder when being installed automatically while flashing.

XT9 is removed from this ROM... I'm 100% Sure (the apk is not there :P )

Works great!

But I cannot change my wallpaper too.

Use an app called backgrounds

Thanks for this but can't seem to set my own wallpaper on this ROM, it's like the option is missing, it lets you choose set-as in astro but then goes into contacts :/

That could be due to the fact that the default launcher2.apk has been removed.

I will include it in the next release (probably tomorrow).

For those of you who don't like to flash the whole ROM again for this small adjustment, the Launcher2.apk file can be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?17cyvg637by7b8b

Install it and reboot your phone. You should now be able to set your own wallpapers again, as well with the stock ones.

I can confirm that this ROM works on the white TFT model on the San Fran

Thanks for the news ;)

Edited by Freekers

Hey thats great news! Thank you for your good work.

I changed mine with an app called "Wallpaper Set And Save", which worked pretty well.

Btw I could not install the Launcher2.apk, at least from the filer

Edited by Krain

Guest igors_s

Installed this today, coming from Froyo (tried em all since original release and finaly to latest Pauls alpha2) and i can't really see much difference...

exept from the fact that every thing works on this rom.

coarse positioning,

auto-brightness

keyboard lights!!! (didn't even know they were there)

The rom is very fast and responsive, all apps work correctly.

Perfect ROM, thanks Freekers and Kendon!

But yeah, so what are the differences between eclair and froyo?

apart from missing wi-fi tether. (and barnacle is way better than inbuilt solution anyway)

P.S. Love the dark theme ;) great for battery saving on OLED screens :P

Edited by igors_s

Guest HitTheCow

hey!

run into some problems after installing this ROM.

i tried this rom as another possible solution for my frequently appearing screen freezes - negative ;)

so i decided to try a 2.2 rom but it won't let me change into recovery mode (power + "-" button).

everytime i boot the phone into recovery mode then i'm stuck in an infinite loop:

-> booting (7sec, green android) -> a short moment the android gets brighter (0,1s) -> for half a second the inverted "A N D R O I D" writing from the 2.5.0.9 loader appears -> then it REBOOTs and it automatically tries (without holding down the "-" button) to enter the recovery mode again and again and again...

after removing the battery, simcard, sdcard - it boots to blade villains 2.1er. but i'm not able to flash any other ROM now :P

Guest Freekers

ROM updated to RLS3, see startpost for changelog and updated download links

An alternative for those if you who don't want to reflash this ROM, but want to be able to set their own background: Download 'Backgrounds' from the Market.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/backgrounds/co...ylem.wallpapers

Thanks for the tip, Winston69 !

Another alternative is "Wallpaper Set And Save"

http://www.appbrain.com/app/wallpaper-set-...papersetandsave

Thanks for the tip, Krain !

Hey thats great news! Thank you for your good work.

I changed mine with an app called "Wallpaper Set And Save", which worked pretty well.

Btw I could not install the Launcher2.apk, at least from the filer

Thanks for the kind words and for the tip about changing the wallpaper.

Apparantly, LauncherPro prevents this and as far I could find, there isn't really a way to install Launcher2.apk after the ROM is flashed. Other guys are also having difficulties, see this thread:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...led-wallpapers/

Installed this today, coming from Froyo (tried em all since original release and finaly to latest Pauls alpha2) and i can't really see much difference...

exept from the fact that every thing works on this rom.

coarse positioning,

auto-brightness

keyboard lights!!! (didn't even know they were there)

The rom is very fast and responsive, all apps work correctly.

Perfect ROM, thanks Freekers and Kendon!

But yeah, so what are the differences between eclair and froyo?

apart from missing wi-fi tether. (and barnacle is way better than inbuilt solution anyway)

P.S. Love the dark theme ;) great for battery saving on OLED screens :P

Thanks for the kind words.

There are quite some differences between Eclair and Froyo. One of the biggest differences is the improved speed due to the JIT compliler in Froyo. BUT, all current custom Froyo ROMs are based upon a leaked dev build, so they are not 'stable'.

hey!

run into some problems after installing this ROM.

i tried this rom as another possible solution for my frequently appearing screen freezes - negative :P

so i decided to try a 2.2 rom but it won't let me change into recovery mode (power + "-" button).

everytime i boot the phone into recovery mode then i'm stuck in an infinite loop:

-> booting (7sec, green android) -> a short moment the android gets brighter (0,1s) -> for half a second the inverted "A N D R O I D" writing from the 2.5.0.9 loader appears -> then it REBOOTs and it automatically tries (without holding down the "-" button) to enter the recovery mode again and again and again...

after removing the battery, simcard, sdcard - it boots to blade villains 2.1er. but i'm not able to flash any other ROM now ;)

Oh my... I suggest you open a new topic for that as I honestly have no idea what that could be. Have you tried reflashing ?

Maybe one suggestion: would it be possible to add ad-hoc network support, like in http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754961 or http://szym.net/android/adhoc-wpa-supp.html mentioned ? The existing versions do not work unfortunately with the SF ...

Thank you very much for your work

I'm sorry, but I don't have any experience with doing stuff like that :lol:

Edited by Freekers

Guest What_The_Fox_Hat

Last Updated: 7-12-2010 (RLS3)

HISTORY:

RLS3:

- Added stock Launcher (Launcher2.apk) so that you are be able to use your own wallpapers again as well with the stock ones. Make sure to use LauncherPro as default launcher.

If you accedently set the stock Launcher as default Launcher, download HomeSwitcher from the market and set LauncherPro as default launcher.

- Updated PictureFolder apk. I hope this solves the FC issues, as reported by some of you.....

Downloaded RLS3 fat this morning, deleted Autokiller and Watchdog from the zip and installed. I second what igors_s says - all working good and fast - certainly able to change wallpapers

only.....i'm getting FCs on the PictureFolder thingy. I uninstalled it and reinstalled from market and it worked OK??!! Also Facebook says no content, is that a general Facebook issue?

Thanks for the ROM, goood work

the link to the LITE one appears dead. I had to download the FAT and remove what i didn't need.

Can you please check so others won't have the same problem.

thankyou

Guest Freekers

So, how are the FC issues on PictureFolder ? Are they gone ?

Can you guys set your own wallpaper correctly now ;) ?

Update the Thread title with OLED + TFT I think...

Done ! Thanks for the tip !

Thanks for the ROM, goood work

the link to the LITE one appears dead. I had to download the FAT and remove what i didn't need.

Can you please check so others won't have the same problem.

thankyou

Link of Lite ROM is working fine over here... try again please ?

Down it OK,

Thanks!

Thanks for the report :P

Just installed RLS3 after problems with MoDaCo's R4 and A2SD - now it's OK.

Picture Folder still has a FC, removed and installed from market.

First impressions are very good

10x to Freekers & Kendon

Just installed this on my unlocked blade. Everything went fine but after the first boot now it is asking "SIM network unlock PIN".

I'm not using orange sf but finnish saunalahti version.

So dunno what to do now. Maybe I'll try recovery.

Guest cool400

:-(

Bad news - when trying to install your ROM from ClockworkMod Recovery I got this error:

E:Board does not support mtd utils.E:Failure at line 63:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

Before I tried to flash your ROM I wiped everything with CMR!

I'm using the "normal" OLED-SF from Orange UK.

Any hints?

Regards

Mischa

How can i delete bladevillain boot logo? Red droid. There is a logo.bmp in root folder but nothing changed if i delete it.

+1...been looking everywhere for this. Tried framework-res, also tried placing a bootanimation.zip and replacing splash.img. Where is this little red devil ? Did you put this somewhere in the boot.img ?

Edited by xzyk

Guest gambieter
I used the 2.5.1.3 - do I really have to install an older version (which might have bugs)? ;)

You don't understand software numbering? Newer versions are often more likely to have bugs, in this case as well. I won't upgrade soon, 2.5.0.9 works very well and reliable.

Guest gambieter

I have installed this ROM (thanks, kendon and Freekers), and compared it to the Finnish Fillyjonk (after removing some software to avoid them being installed on /system). After fully loading all the apps I have at the moment, I notice that BladeVillain actually gives me ~5MB less RAM, so slightly less efficient than Finnish Fillyjonk?

Both feel equally responsive, not much difference in user experience. Interestingly, the Finnish Fillyjonk is without HW UI, so must be a good kernel (the custom kernel from kallt_kaffe).