[ROM] [eclair] Finnish Fillyjonk RLS5 [2011-01-05]

Guest kallt_kaffe

So... any Finns (with a phone from SL or TF) tried this? Anything special that's not working? It does seem like a pimped up Finnish stock so I'm tempted to try it out.

Working nicely on phone from SL. Using it from yesterday and I haven't found anything wrong there. ATM it seems to be much better than stock ROM!

Guest paraselene
1/ Are you aware of the specific problem? The compass seems to "work", but if you tip or roll the phone, the compass swings (when it shouldn't!)

2/ Or do you have a Finnish phone? I'm afraid that we have two versions of the sensor each needing its own software, and no way of determining (from software probing alone) which version a particular phone has got. Uh-oh, as The Rainman said. Uh-oh.

I own a UK san francisco. It swings in my case too... seems I am not aware of this. haha...

Guest oh!dougal
Do apps like Android System info show the same sensors? My OUK shows

AK8973 Compass

AK8973 Compass Raw

AK8973 Magnetic Field

Lis302dl Accelerometer

There's a neat app called Sensor List which also graphs the sensor outputs.

Seems like the Lis302dl doesn't handle yaw. Set the phone flat on a table and twist it. The sensor outputs don't change. It seems like yaw is detected by the compass ...

Guest paraselene
There's a neat app called Sensor List which also graphs the sensor outputs.

Seems like the Lis302dl doesn't handle yaw. Set the phone flat on a table and twist it. The sensor outputs don't change. It seems like yaw is detected by the compass ...

I think Accelerometer doesn't support yaw, right?

It has 3 sensors that measure acceleration in 3-dimensions

For yaw, I think you can only measure using the compass?

Guest oh!dougal
I think Accelerometer doesn't support yaw, right?

It has 3 sensors that measure acceleration in 3-dimensions

For yaw, I think you can only measure using the compass?

If you are running FF, download that Sensor List app and take a look.

On HH:

On Lis302dl

Pitch changes blue and green values.

Roll changes blue and red.

On Compass and Compass Raw, yaw changes red only.

On Magnetic Field, yaw changes red and green.

How about FF?

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest paraselene
If you are running FF, download that Sensor List app and take a look.

On HH:

On Lis302dl

Pitch changes blue and green values.

Roll changes blue and red.

On Compass and Compass Raw, yaw changes red only.

On Magnetic Field, yaw changes red and green.

How about FF?

I use UK sf with FF ROM, it show the same result

However, I found that when I use GPS Test from the ROM, it didn't show the correct direction.

Anyway, I use /system/bin/akmd2 from HH now and seems it get the correct direction.

Edited by paraselene

Guest kallt_kaffe

I'll fix the compass problem in next release (or as a patch), for now use the akmd2 from Hungarian Hedgehog if you need a working compass. A bit short of time at the moment otherwise I would have made an update package for you.

Guest oh!dougal
I'll fix the compass problem in next release (or as a patch), for now use the akmd2 from Hungarian Hedgehog if you need a working compass. A bit short of time at the moment otherwise I would have made an update package for you.

No need for apologies! ;)

Do we yet know how the Finnish hardware reacts to FF and the custom kernel - and to the compass revert?

Guest markusj

Sweet rom, thanks kallt_kaffe!

Compass is faulty, app2sd works perfectly.

I'll have to test it, it feels like it eats a bit more battery than my previous ROMs,

but it's probably just the circle battery that makes me feel this.

(Hungarian version, TFT & 256Mb)

Edited by markusj

Guest Cow_007

ate through my battery during night. full charge 10hrs. might there be a possibility that the reason wifi is working better in this build is because the phone does not enter sleep mode fully? will test more today.

Guest kallt_kaffe
ate through my battery during night. full charge 10hrs. might there be a possibility that the reason wifi is working better in this build is because the phone does not enter sleep mode fully? will test more today.

I haven't noticed any change in the battery drain... Do you have an OSF with OLED or one of the LCD blades? Original or custom kernel?

Guest Daimaah

Ok so... an Android / Custom ROM newbie here.

I downloaded Finnish Fillyjonk RLS1 and the addons, chose the addons I wanted, pasted them into the original folders of RSL1, overwriting any files and finally zipped the package, put it on my SD, did the following:

install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> Finnish_Fillyjonk_RLS1.zip -> Yes

and finally did a reboot, but i'm stuck on boot screen

I also tried to do "wipe data/factory reset" and then do the same as above but with same results. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Guest Arr Too

Don't try to lump things together like that. Flash the base ROM first using ClockworkMod. Then flash each of the particular add-ons that you want in turn using ClockworkMod again in the same way.

Any suggestions what is wrong, I flashed this ROM (+ orig kernel) to finnish Blade, camera works, as everything else what is included. Titanium shows A2SD space 1 Gt, which is true, I have formatted 3 Gt FAT32 + 1 Gt ext2.

BIG problem raises when installing any additional programs, they crash right away, and can't be run. Icons and program names aren't right, looks like they are not recognized as programs.... I've flashed via Clockwork few times, but problem stays.

Biggest reason to have this ROM is A2SD, and now I can't install anything :-(

How did you achieve the formatting?

I have Linux PC...though this was first time for me making partitions... First partition is FAT, second ext2, both primary. I can see both in Linux, only Fat in Windows. I'm not suprised at all if something wrong...

Guest markusj

Whenever I install a new application, I get an error message that says that the process "com.android.vending" stopped, and I have to force close it. (The app gets installed)

Am I the only one?

Whenever I install a new application, I get an error message that says that the process "com.android.vending" stopped, and I have to force close it. (The app gets installed)

Am I the only one?

I don't know what the problem could be, but com.android.vending is the Market app.

Guest oh!dougal
I have Linux PC...though this was first time for me making partitions... First partition is FAT, second ext2, both primary. I can see both in Linux, only Fat in Windows. I'm not suprised at all if something wrong...

That should work.

But, you shouldn't need as much as 1gb for apps... (there is some sort of limit - half a gig should be plenty sufficient) and kk made the release note comment "Added support for EXT3 (for better/safer Apps2SD)" -- I'm not enough of a geek to know exactly why its better/safer, but it looks like a bit steer towards choosing ext3 rather than ext2.

Edited by oh!dougal

Guest markusj

Am I the only one?

Reflashed it with the original Vending.apk from the T-mobile ROM, still no joy.

The only thing I can think about is that Market doesn't support app2sd, and it detects the installation to the SD card as a failure.

"Added support for EXT3 (for better/safer Apps2SD)" -- I'm not enough of a geek to know exactly why its better/safer, but it looks like a bit steer towards choosing ext3 rather than ext2.

I can't see why ext3 would give any advantage over ext2 for apps2sd - I wouldn't think they would benefit from journalling.

Guest gambieter

@kallt_kaffe: I see that the apps installed with the ROM are put into the system directory and hence cannot be uninstalled (or at least not easily). Is this on purpose? I wonder what effect this has on the A2SD efficiency (i.e. as much as possible on the SD card). I know I can remove them from the ZIP file, although yesterday I was probably a bit overenthousiastic and hence managed to get a non-booting phone ;)