Gingerbread (2.3) for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest AntonioPT

That link means Tom has submitted our device for official CyanogenMod support. It does not mean (yet) that the Pulse is now an officially supported CyanogenMod device. It still needs to be reviewed by members of the CyanogenMod team.

BTW, Tom has made some big changes in his device config repo @ github. Hopefully they are meant to make CM7 work better. If I have the time, I'll compile a CM7 rom with Tom's updated device config (unless he's already planning to do that, regardless of the Pulse being accepted as an official CM device).

Guest iKrautDroid
That link means Tom has submitted our device for official CyanogenMod support. It does not mean (yet) that the Pulse is now an officially supported CyanogenMod device. It still needs to be reviewed by members of the CyanogenMod team.

BTW, Tom has made some big changes in his device config repo @ github. Hopefully they are meant to make CM7 work better. If I have the time, I'll compile a CM7 rom with Tom's updated device config (unless he's already planning to do that, regardless of the Pulse being accepted as an official CM device).

So pauls planning a cm7 port?

And if he doesnt make one, you will?

Could you post the link to his github?

Guest AntonioPT
So pauls planning a cm7 port?

And if he doesnt make one, you will?

Could you post the link to his github?

Not Paul, Tom :(

And yes, Tom has released a very "alpha" CM7 port a few weeks back.

I am busy right now cooking a ROM, but if I do compile CM7, it will be entirely based on Tom G's work (kudos to him and not to me).

Yeah, sure: https://github.com/TomGiordano/android_device_huawei_u8220

Guest iKrautDroid
Not Paul, Tom :(

And yes, Tom has released a very "alpha" CM7 port a few weeks back.

I am busy right now cooking a ROM, but if I do compile CM7, it will be entirely based on Tom G's work (kudos to him and not to me).

Yeah, sure: https://github.com/TomGiordano/android_device_huawei_u8220

Im confused! Are you cooking a cm7 rom now?

also. do you know how to enable dt a2sd on de update?

Guest AntonioPT
Im confused! Are you cooking a cm7 rom now?

also. do you know how to enable dt a2sd on de update?

No, I'm cooking a CM6 rom.

I believe you have to edit init.rc in the boot.img's ramdisk. See DT A2SD's thread @ xda for instructions.

Guest Tom G

I wont be releasing anything until it is official but I've been using it for a few days and so far have had no problems. If others want to build it from source thats fine, but I would prefer if no roms were released until an official RC1 is available.

There are a few problems.

The new compcache (zram) is unstable so is disabled by default. I will look at either making it more stable or using the old compcache.

Camera doesn't work. We need a new camera library. Eclair libs are no longer supported.

Manual network selection doesnt work. It should be fairly easy to fix.

Guest arlindo.costa
I wont be releasing anything until it is official but I've been using it for a few days and so far have had no problems. If others want to build it from source thats fine, but I would prefer if no roms were released until an official RC1 is available.

The new compcache (zram) is unstable so is disabled by default. I will look at either making it more stable or using the old compcache.

Camera doesn't work. We need a new camera library. Eclair libs are no longer supported.

:( Sounds Good Tom G. Thanks for all the hard work!

Guest thisweb

I thought Zram only worked with the new kernel 2.6.35+ ?

Guest shashwatyoyo

Archive error : cannot find android-info

Helpp

------------------------

hmm done copied a android-info.txt file from other rom

Edited by shashwatyoyo

Guest gocegi

Bad news.

And the worst part is, that they stopped developement for the G1 cuz it has 192 MB of RAM :/

So it looks like, our pulses are doomed :D

Guest thisweb

really? that doesn't bode well :( Probably won't accept pulse now. If its not going to happen any chance of releasing that RC1 rom on Modaco Tom? Please :D

Edited by thisweb

Guest sun lbx

!!!

there is a kind of pulse-based u8230 which has 256mb of ram

maybe they will agree to support this u8230?

as it's hardware is 100% pulse-compatible, it will run on pulse (maybe some tweaks will be needed)

Edited by sun lbx

Guest AntonioPT

CM for the Pulse may not get official status, but Tom's device config is fairly complete (I think only camera isn't working), so we've still got a pretty much functional CM7 rom.

Guest no_se
CM for the Pulse may not get official status, but Tom's device config is fairly complete (I think only camera isn't working), so we've still got a pretty much functional CM7 rom.

Is this rom online somewhere or should it still remain unpublished?

Guest Sh4d0w940

If they support the U8230 with extra ram, the others can use swap/compcache to run the rom.

With an overclocked kernel it'll probably run fine.

Sh4d0w940

Guest Pulseuser1
If they support the U8230 with extra ram, the others can use swap/compcache to run the rom.

With an overclocked kernel it'll probably run fine.

Sh4d0w940

Yeah thats true, with totiadrenalins script for the low memory killer, the problem with ram is basically sorted :/ so thats 1 less problem for them i guess