ZTE V9 Tablet

Guest J_Martin

Might download it and give it a run down to see it for myself. The only thing that gets my goat is that it better suits portrait as the default view on this tab. I have found that it seems to work better in protrait due to it basically is a 7inch screen phone.

Might give the 3.0.0.4 clockwork an update while im updating...

Guest Sebastian404
Really wish I could get one of these in th UK. I have a blade and I love it :P

This is in NO WAY an offical answer, but my friend who works for Orange said they where looking at it, but ZTE then made the mistake of showing them the V9 2 and they are more interested in bringing that to the Market.

but there is also a lot of talk about how the ipad2 is going to dominate all sales so they are not so keen on fragmenting thier market...

Ive also heard from others that the Galaxy Tab that they sell has not done all that well... so they might not be too keen on another tablet

Guest synaptic
ZTE then made the mistake of showing them the V9 2 and they are more interested in bringing that to the Market.

Ive also heard from others that the Galaxy Tab that they sell has not done all that well... so they might not be too keen on another tablet

In Australia, the Galaxy Tab can be bought for $700-$900 outright (depending where you go), whereas the V9 is $269-279 inc. $50 3GB recharge, 100sms and $25 call credit. Go figure why with that sort of price difference a person would drop an extra $430+ for a device they 'want' (specs aside) rather than 'need.' I certainly wouldn't have. I would have called the V9 and the Galaxy Tab in a completely different market.

Edited by synaptic

just posting to keep track of this thread. Thanks for the clockwork recovery mode and for sharing the original Optus rom. I ended up reflashing last nite and using pegaxs app2sd script since my first manual attempt wasnt working 100%

Looking forward to some more mods

Guest bluesnow
but there is also a lot of talk about how the ipad2 is going to dominate all sales so they are not so keen on fragmenting thier market...

Yeah ipads strong position in the Market will be effecting other tablets, it's a shame really.

Lets hope a zte tablet comes though

Guest alpha xs
In Australia, the Galaxy Tab can be bought for $700-$900 outright (depending where you go), whereas the V9 is $269-279 inc. $50 3GB recharge, 100sms and $25 call credit. Go figure why with that sort of price difference a person would drop an extra $430+ for a device they 'want' (specs aside) rather than 'need.' I certainly wouldn't have. I would have called the V9 and the Galaxy Tab in a completely different market.

Aside the specs, with that price tag galaxy tab vs zte v9... well let´s just say i got myself a v9!!! for +/- 1/3 the price of the galaxy, better than that with no contract!!! (with vodafone it cames with a prepaid/rechargable card with 10 hours navigation, and no obligation, and can be bought in any store).

For anyone who cares... I just installed the Thai language fonts and keyboard as a request to another user. Works well... i think, i dont know, i dont speak or read Thai :D

If interested, let me know. The steps are a little different compared to some other devices out there...

Requests for other languages ? might see if i can install them... Doing Vietnamese next for my wife... While some support is there, some letters are not. Get half a word in Viet and the other half is all just black squares :P

Guest Sebastian404

Just to let you know, I've made an update for the russian firmware we found...

http://ftpb.free.fr/roms/zte/v9/

From reading around, Ive found mentioned of the v9 in China & Spain, so there are more users out there somewhere....

EDIT: and there is a greek one too....

http://www.xblog.gr/review-tablet-zte-light/#more-23448

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
Yeah ipads strong position in the Market will be effecting other tablets, it's a shame really.

Lets hope a zte tablet comes though

I had dinner with my contact from Orange, he told me a slightly different story.. it seems they do not want to bring any tablets to market till they can run 3.0...

as with most thing, I assume elements of both stories are true....

Guest alpha xs
Just to let you know, I've made an update for the russian firmware we found...

http://ftpb.free.fr/roms/zte/v9/

From reading around, Ive found mentioned of the v9 in China & Spain, so there are more users out there somewhere....

EDIT: and there is a greek one too....

http://www.xblog.gr/review-tablet-zte-light/#more-23448

...just what you mean with "update"... lol (havent't download but it's the BEELINE_V9V100B07-update_signed.zip rigth?

Guest alpha xs

well.... after several attemps on booting froyo... finally made it!!! or almost....

I boots but the the sreen doesn´t seem to be responding for now...

ist mess up as you can (badly) see in de pict.

now time to go to sleep (almost in the morning here...)

IMG_20110212_050635%20320x200.jpg

IMG_20110212_050547%20320x200.jpg

Guest alpha xs
well.... after several attemps on booting froyo... finally made it!!! or almost....

Correction!!!

I unlocked, the problem is in the sreen resolution... well got to go to sleep...

Guest Sebastian404

Is that the .cn rom from the blade?

Guest alpha xs
Is that the .cn rom from the blade?

yes it is

(yes i'm still awake..)

my first atemp the sreen and the butons arent complying

i'm trying to get it rigth but hell yah i would need some help

Guest Sebastian404
yes it is

(yes i'm still awake..)

my first atemp the sreen and the butons arent complying

i'm trying to get it rigth but hell yah i would need some help

your using the kernel from the blade, or the v9's kernel? or did you manage to build your own from source?

I have spotted that a lot of what you'd need for a HDPI screen was in the builds of 2.2 on the blade... but then I also noticed they have included the HDPI assets with the Racer.. and that's a LCDI... so its probably more accident than planning.

I'm hopefully getting my v9 on Monday... and then going along to the ZTE Press conference to heckle :P

Guest alpha xs
your using the kernel from the blade, or the v9's kernel? or did you manage to build your own from source?

I have spotted that a lot of what you'd need for a HDPI screen was in the builds of 2.2 on the blade... but then I also noticed they have included the HDPI assets with the Racer.. and that's a LCDI... so its probably more accident than planning.

I'm hopefully getting my v9 on Monday... and then going along to the ZTE Press conference to heckle :P

I tryed several aproches, and as always, attempt an error....

I sucessefully booted by extracting them both the v9 and the 2.2blade rom, and then replacing the blade boot for the v9, and them packing it all back again, couldn't find a kitchen so had to do it the hard way...

Good news that you're getting it! (how did you manage to get it shiped out, and from where...)(just curious!!!)

Edited by alpha xs

Guest alpha xs
I have spotted that a lot of what you'd need for a HDPI screen was in the builds of 2.2 on the blade...

Do you know the name of the file to define the hdpi sreen...

I was going to try something similar... I was going to use one of the zip ROMs from blade 2.2 and insert clockwork recovery and the boot.img from the Optus ROM into it... Just thought to myself, no it cant be that easy...

I did try the other way. Using the Optus ROM zip, i put the blade kernel img in the zip and tried to reflash it and no luck, just boot looped.

If there is an issue with the drivers, are we able to open the zip and replace the drivers as well ? Basically, use a 2.2 ROM from the blade, replace the boot.img from Optus ROM and drivers from the same ROM ??

You know what... who cares, lets just give it a stab! :P

Edit:---

One thing i did manage to do was unzip the Optus ROM and replace the recovery with the revoery image from the Clockwork mod so i dont have to install clockwork every time i re-install the stock rom :D

Edited by Pegaxs

Guest alpha xs
I was going to try something similar... I was going to use one of the zip ROMs from blade 2.2 and insert clockwork recovery and the boot.img from the Optus ROM into it... Just thought to myself, no it cant be that easy...

I did try the other way. Using the Optus ROM zip, i put the blade kernel img in the zip and tried to reflash it and no luck, just boot looped.

If there is an issue with the drivers, are we able to open the zip and replace the drivers as well ? Basically, use a 2.2 ROM from the blade, replace the boot.img from Optus ROM and drivers from the same ROM ??

You know what... who cares, lets just give it a stab! :P

Edit:---

One thing i did manage to do was unzip the Optus ROM and replace the recovery with the revoery image from the Clockwork mod so i dont have to install clockwork every time i re-install the stock rom :D

I made 2 roms for recovery (well and a stock one) one with link2sd and the other with app2sd. (be prepared to use google translator, haven´t had the time to translate, still in the app2sd version theres a short readme)(also there's the list of apps on the botom of both posts)

alphaxsMOD 2.1 ZTE V9 App2sd Full 1.2

alphaxsMOD ZTE V9 Link2SD 1.0 FULL