[ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Android.Fan
I think you misunderstood him (or I did). I think he was asking if it was possible to stop the disconnect totally.

You got me. I've experienced this problem in 2.1 and 2.2. I think 2.2.1 seems to fix this this issue. I don't know if there are any plans to build JJ on codebase 2.2.1. It shouldn't be difficult.

It's really very annoying that I want my phone connected to wifi all the time but it doesn't. Reconnect on wakeup is irrelevant in this context because it should be the expected behaviour when WiFi sleep policy is set to "When screen turns off". When it is set to "Never", it should never disconnect.

You got me. I've experienced this problem in 2.1 and 2.2. I think 2.2.1 seems to fix this this issue. I don't know if there are any plans to build JJ on codebase 2.2.1. It shouldn't be difficult.

It's really very annoying that I want my phone connected to wifi all the time but it doesn't. Reconnect on wakeup is irrelevant in this context because it should be the expected behaviour when WiFi sleep policy is set to "When screen turns off". When it is set to "Never", it should never disconnect.

JJ isn't being updated any more, there are no plans for any updates whatsoever. CM7 is based on 2.3, it might have better wifi behaviour, but there are other issues like battery life.

it is possible to keep wifi connected if you use an app that prevents the phone from sleeping, but it'll drain your battery faster.

I totally agree with you on 'it shouldn't happen', i can't understand why the option is there if it wont work, but blame zte or google.

Edited by wbaw

Guest IronDoc

ZTE claimed the chip couldn't do it or some nonsense but it turns out it can. It's to do with way the chipset or w/e is layed out out iirc.

Edited by IronDoc

Guest Android.Fan
JJ isn't being updated any more, there are no plans for any updates whatsoever. CM7 is based on 2.3, it might have better wifi behaviour, but there are other issues like battery life.

it is possible to keep wifi connected if you use an app that prevents the phone from sleeping, but it'll drain your battery faster.

I totally agree with you on 'it shouldn't happen', i can't understand why the option is there if it wont work, but blame zte or google.

Well its a myth for me that what's Google's understanding of sleep mode. What an android device should do in sleep mode? It seems like no other platform got any sense of sleeping and waking up. Windows mobile, iPhone and Symbian work as they are expected when their screen goes off or so called sleep mode.

I don't know if this is bug or feature. There're thousands of complaints on internet about this issue but Google's numbness on this issue makes me think as if this is a feature not a bug.

What's everybody's take on it?

It's clearly a bug, they can't go redefining never & calling it a feature that it wont do what it says.

It isn't something which is easily fixed by us in this rom though, just something you'll have to live with.

I found that the wifi driver that stackrish compiled has better performance & faster reconnections, but it still wont keep the connection when the phone sleeps. Get it here & flash with clockwork - http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1483557 It is about 3mb bigger than the old driver, make sure you've got room on /system (you will have plenty if you didn't modify much)

Edited by wbaw

Guest simonsays1

Great to see you back Kallt and many thanks for a great ROM.

I've been running JJ9 with 0x90 mod and love this ROM.

I've just flashed the latest RDS capable kernel and AHB overclock update and everything seems good.

It's nice to see RDS working on the Blade.

I would also love to see a JJ R10 with the RDS, 0x90 and dialler wake fixes combined.

Guest SteliosGR
From the first post:
  • Download the image version of the ROM and extract the "image" folder to the the SD-card.
  • Power off the phone and when powering on hold Menu and Volume-up
  • When some green text shows up saying it's installing a bunch of .mbn and .img files you may release the buttons and wait for it to reboot. (NOTE: I tried this on a TFT Blade and no green text was shown, just a black screen but after a while it rebooted and everything had worked like it was supposed to. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if TFT Blades doesn't show the green text)

Backup your applications first with Titanium Backup. Then you can restore them after installing this.

thank you very much!!

I renewed the ROM, but some new problems have appeared:

Trying to restore my apps using titanium back up, the restoration always stops at 5%.

I don't what to do. I am afraid of having lose all my applications.

Any Ideas???????????????? :huh:

Guest IronDoc
thank you very much!!

I renewed the ROM, but some new problems have appeared:

Trying to restore my apps using titanium back up, the restoration always stops at 5%.

I don't what to do. I am afraid of having lose all my applications.

Any Ideas???????????????? :huh:

Buy the Pro version. It is much more reliable and quicker when backing up and restoring. Pretty senseless releasing a free version that doesn't work very well but there you go.

Guest SteliosGR
Buy the Pro version. It is much more reliable and quicker when backing up and restoring. Pretty senseless releasing a free version that doesn't work very well but there you go.

I have the Pro version but I didn't buy it.

(I found it somewhere in the internet...)

Guest targetbsp
I have the Pro version but I didn't buy it.

(I found it somewhere in the internet...)

Way to steal software and then post about it on a sub forum devoted to development! *sigh* Even if the devs around here do kindly do it for free.

Guest Gibbo501

Been using this ROM for a few days now and I'm extremely happy with it.

PROS:

Fast, smooth operation, and with ADW (paid version) and SetCPU its even better.

Bluetooth is much more stable than stock ROM. Connects to my car stereo and doesn't stutter or drop out one bit.

Proxy settings so I can get on-line in my work environment.

CONS:

Noticed the GPS "Skipton Bug" but its not really a major issue and can be corrected.

Air Traffic Control game wouldn't work but no doubt there is a fix or workaround.

Thanks very much Kallt, expect a donation coming your way.

Guest Nickman1200
Been using this ROM for a few days now and I'm extremely happy with it.

PROS:

Fast, smooth operation, and with ADW (paid version) and SetCPU its even better.

Bluetooth is much more stable than stock ROM. Connects to my car stereo and doesn't stutter or drop out one bit.

Proxy settings so I can get on-line in my work environment.

CONS:

Noticed the GPS "Skipton Bug" but its not really a major issue and can be corrected.

Air Traffic Control game wouldn't work but no doubt there is a fix or workaround.

Thanks very much Kallt, expect a donation coming your way.

I play Air Traffic Control on my blade with JJ8. The full version.

Some days ago I've install

# Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_smartdialer_addon.zip (Restore Smart Dialer and RLS7 version of Contacts) MD5: 9FCB24D6DDE54527D15CE6C06DBF1D94

# Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_group_contacts.zip (Restore RLS8 cersion of Contacts and ContactsProvider) MD5:324174EFD7F5CFCDC969D7EAEA8C5835

but now I would it uninstall because i use OneDialer from Market and its application for me. What should i do?

I have a few weeks now JJ9 installed and was very satisfied about batterydrain. It was usable 2 รก 4 days

But after I installed new RadioRDS kernel the Blade has a huge batterydraining, now not more than 1 day of use till charging. I have nothing changed with settings and no other apps installed.

Anybody has the same experience?

edit:

I forgot to say.

No overclocking, AHB and HWUI in both configurations.

Only installed addon: Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_rds_radio.zip

Edited by elinx

Guest taannuk
I have a few weeks now JJ9 installed and was very satisfied about batterydrain. It was usable 2 รก 4 days

But after I installed new RadioRDS kernel the Blade has a huge batterydraining, now not more than 1 day of use till charging. I have nothing changed with settings and no other apps installed.

Anybody has the same experience?

I am checking it also.

Which of 2 files did you flash? I did "Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_rds_radio_ahb.zip" first and RDS was unstable, therefore I flashed the other - "Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_rds_radio.zip". RDS takes time but it is better on my SF, although I have "Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9_ahb_overclocked.zip" flashed.

Guest robinhud2010

Help! I've flashed jj rls9 a few days ago and now, every time I boot, I get notified that the process android.process.acore

(whatever that is) has stopped unexpectedly. I am then prompted to force close. I am not sure if it will lead to problems in the future. Anyone kind enough to explain what's going on and how I can fix this? :huh:

PS: I've tried reflashing but the same thing keeps popping up.