FM Radio for ZTE Blade/SF

Guest andorko

Guest FelixL

I have downloaded version 0.6 on a HUAWEI IDEOS with ANDROID 2.2.1

It probably only works on ZTE devices.

@andorko:

Is your source somewhere? I have an idea how to get the volume hardware keys to work. Also there is a small bug, the notification icon is only shown if you change the frequency. Maybe this is fixed in newer versions, I'm using 0.5 on GSF b20, RDS doesn't work there so this was the version wbaw included.

Edit: Or did you push all your stuff to the CM7 source?

Edit2: Okay, the volume keys work on CM7, but not on GSF. It's a little bit sad that the clean solution for CM7 does not work on any other ROM because it needs the CM-stuff, if I understand the code.

Edited by FelixL

• 4 weeks later...
Guest snowbord

Is anyone experiencing battery drain due to FM Radio 0.6 not shutting down? I am not getting this bug using 0.5, only with 0.6. I keep a close eye on misbehaving apps, and am well aware of FM Radio not shutting down properly since the SS days.

This may have something to do with RDS - the bug is either in the kernel or in FM Radio 0.6 itself.

Edited by snowbord

• 2 months later...

Hello there

Is there a chance to have more then 5 channels? Why not having 20 or 30 channels availiable?

thank's in advance.

Any news regarding this?

thank's in advance

Nick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest wakeup12

Hello, I am using Swedish Snow (2.3.5), but when I try to install it says "Application is not installed" but there is a Tick next to this text. When I go to about section of FM Radio, it still says it is v0.5. How can I update new version?

Guest Andy58

Hello, I am using Swedish Snow (2.3.5), but when I try to install it says "Application is not installed" but there is a Tick next to this text. When I go to about section of FM Radio, it still says it is v0.5. How can I update new version?

Don't install version 6, it causes battery drain when not in use - read posts on this page.

Guest wakeup12

Don't install version 6, it causes battery drain when not in use - read posts on this page.

Ok thank you :). I will wait for the next version then :).

• 3 months later...
Guest StDannyDan

Got the same problem..

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, I'm running CM9.1 on my blade (Android 4.0.4) and the app doesn't work. It installs fine, but when I launch it, I just get a "Unfortunately, FM Radio has stopped." message. I've tried every version available on the download site, same happens. I've tried restarting the phone, clearing cache and all that, nothing helps.

Am I doing something wrong or is this simply not supposed to work with this ROM?

Is there any other FM Radio app that could work? I'd love to have some music/podcasts and the internet connection is a bit sketchy here.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest maniac_mouse

Is there any other FM Radio app that could work? I'd love to have some music/podcasts and the internet connection is a bit sketchy here.

Have you tried Spirit FM? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1059296 I used to use it on my old blade. There is a free (mono only, no rds) version in the linked xda thread.

If it works on your phone id recommend buying the full version, its pretty swish.