[ROM 2.2] t&l

Guest lgcmn

Guest Delnar_Ersike

For those of you who like posting Quadrant scores, they rarely represent performance in real-world situations. With NenaMark1, I usually get ~16.5 FPS with this ROM (my record is 17.8 with LCR 1.1.2), but the ROM runs smoother on average than LCR (it might be because of my transition from LauncherPro to ADWLauncher, as ADW consumes a little less memory on average). I would still like to use an overclocked ROM, but I can't afford losing my device's ability to send files over Bluetooth (AFAIK, all non-2.1 kernels based on phh's work have problems with Bluetooth file sending).

EDIT: oh, and apps2sd works as it should for me (my SD card has 1 FAT partition).

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

Guest galock
Move to sd option is working on me. i have already moved over 15 applications to sd and they work perfect

great!!! another user told it wasn't working for him. So probably he got a problem during the flash or whatever.

anyway, just to be clear, do you mean the froyo native move2sd function or you moved the apps throgh apps2sd on an ext partition?

Edited by galock

Guest OpenWebdesign
great!!! another user told it wasn't working for him. So probably he got a problem during the flash or whatever.

anyway, just to be clear, do you mean the froyo native move2sd function or you moved the apps throgh apps2sd on an ext partition?

Move to SD is working for me too.

Edited by OpenWebdesign

Guest Christoforos22

I use the froyo native move2sd function!!

Guest zalex777

I can't say if it works for me because I do not use App2SD anyway (don't need it !) but there's still the Navigation issue to solve B) :unsure:

Guest i2fish

For the Maps issue, I am pretty sure it has to do with a deleted apk, because I removed a bunch of system apps from stock rom the other day and got stuck at the same message.

Update, you have to install tts service and picotts for it to work.

Edited by i2fish

Guest galock
For the Maps issue, I am pretty sure it has to do with a deleted apk, because I removed a bunch of system apps from stock rom the other day and got stuck at the same message.

so, if you have google maps 5 and pico tts and tts service does it works?

Guest zalex777

And how do you install it ? By the market ?

Guest nicknameless

Yes that's right.

See here http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Goog...f9334&hl=en

Im'm trying. Installed Google Translator and TTS Advanced. For now no success. Can't really activate TTS in Settings.

Trying better later.

Buon appetito! :unsure:

EDIT:

It works now (it seems). Uninstall Maps and clean data with TitanumBackup. I installed also TalkBack from market. Then flash the package I attached (that is simply TTSService and PicoTTS). Reinstall Maps from Market. Then everythig works.

Dunno, maybe there is a cleaner way to make it work (probably just flashing TtsService and PicoTTS is enough). Just try it and tell me. Anyway it's simply what i2fish said, I took the apks from the package t_l_v03d.14_Stock_App2.zip

TTS_Map_fix.zip

Edited by nicknameless

Guest zalex777
Yes that's right.

See here http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Goog...f9334&hl=en

Im'm trying. Installed Google Translator and TTS Advanced. For now no success. Can't really activate TTS in Settings.

Trying better later.

Buon appetito! :unsure:

EDIT:

It works now (it seems). Uninstall Maps and clean data with TitanumBackup. I installed also TalkBack from market. Then flash the package I attached (that is simply TTSService and PicoTTS). Reinstall Maps from Market. Then everythig works.

Dunno, maybe there is a cleaner way to make it work (probably just flashing TtsService and PicoTTS is enough). Just try it and tell me. Anyway it's simply what i2fish said, I took the apks from the package t_l_v03d.14_Stock_App2.zip

It works for me with the last version 5.0 ! Great job thx ! I've just uninstalled maps with titanium and erase data (as you said) and then I've flashed your patch. (no need to download TalkBack) B)

Guest nicknameless
It works for me with the last version 5.0 ! Great job thx ! I've just uninstalled maps with titanium and erase data (as you said) and then I've flashed your patch. (no need to download TalkBack) :unsure:

Perfect! but I think that mostly you have to thank the person that suggested to install TTSService and PicoTTS. I just made a little of googling and tried randomly some packages B)

PS: the package contains also AcerDLNA.apk (I wanted to flash it as well). If you don't want it, delete it from the package

Guest galock
Perfect! but I think that mostly you have to thank the person that suggested to install TTSService and PicoTTS. I just made a little of googling and tried randomly some packages :unsure:

PS: the package contains also AcerDLNA.apk (I wanted to flash it as well). If you don't want it, delete it from the package

wonderful

so in order to be clear, after installing the T&L rom if we want google maps 5 working we should:

1) install the fix for gps (as far as I remeber it's for italy,france and norway)

2) install piccotts and ttservice

3) install google maps 5

is this sequence right?

Guest galock
wonderful

so in order to be clear, after installing the T&L rom if we want google maps 5 working we should:

1) install the fix for gps (as far as I remeber is available for italy,franceneatherlands and finland)

3) install google maps 5

is this sequence right?

Guest i2fish
wonderful

1) install the fix for gps (as far as I remeber it's for italy,france and norway)

3) install google maps 5

is this sequence right?

I believe u can install them in any order, I installed maps first then tts from stock apps package

Guest nicknameless
wonderful

3) install google maps 5

is this sequence right?

1) don't need it I think

2) yes

3) yes

Basically you just need PicoTts and TTSService to use last version of Maps 5, thus to use Navigator

Guest galock

1) don't need it I think

does anybody can confirm this? as far as I remember the fix was needed because, since the rom was optimized for russia , if you wanted to sync with GPS in another country you had to apply the fix

In case the fix would be useless maybe we should edit the first post by erasing the fix and replacing it with an update.zip with picotts and tts service

Guest L0cu7us

also before the italian fix, maps show me the exact position, so i think the gps fix isn't really needed.

(thanks for the maps fix !) :unsure:

Edited by L0cu7us

Guest nicknameless

I'm sorry. Actually I'm not sure 100% because I don't know what specifically the GPS fix does, I just thought it was a previous version of Google Maps that after the update to v.5 disappear.

If someone tries without the fix we know if it's needed or not.

I already flashed the fix when I installed the other packages so I'm ot sure if it's also due to the fix or just the 2 packages.

Guest zalex777

I've just tried to and we don't need the fix ^^ I re flashed the whole rom and the TTS service and picotts, then install Maps from the market, and no problem, it works very well !!

Thx everyone for fixing GPS !!! :unsure:

Edit : For those who have installed the fix, no need to uninstall maps with Titanium Backup, just install TTS service and picotts and then update maps by the market, it works fine too !!

Edited by zalex777

1) don't need it I think

does anybody can confirm this? as far as I remember the fix was needed because, since the rom was optimized for russia , if you wanted to sync with GPS in another country you had to apply the fix

In case the fix would be useless maybe we should edit the first post by erasing the fix and replacing it with an update.zip with picotts and tts service

this is not a fix it's a tweak for a-gps (modified gps.cof with pool servers for each country).. u can find information about this here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...57/a-gps-tweak/

Guest galock

finally I installed the T&L rom

it seems everything ok..but I can't read AAC files :-(

music player says that this format is not supported while before on stock rom I never had this problem :-(

maybe it's connected to the fact that in T&L there is no android voice recorder? (that from what I remember was able to record in mp4 format)

Moreover I found out that when I choose the ringtone it makes me select just the ones in the folder ringtones of the root. Before it asked me if I wanted to use music.apk in order to select ringtones from my sd card.

does anyone can help me?

Edited by galock