[RECOVERY] AmonRa by Vache for Acer Liquid MT (S120)

Guest PhilNelwyn

Hi guys,

I'm totaly new with all this android stuff so maybe i didnt install the right recovery thing. But

my plan was to root my metal with the recovery file from Vache. Wel i think i'm almoste theire

but when i do a boot there 's going something wrong..

I get this text:

Build: Vache-AmonRA_4

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

E: cant open /sdcard/update.zip

(No such file or directory)

Installation aborted.

What am i doing wrong?

Hope you guys can help me,

Bye

Oh allright, i tought that you needed a rooted mobile to make a backup, but i should be able to make a backup right now?

Well ill put it in another way, my main goal is to delete some of the standard acer files that i don't use,

whats the best way to do this?

And maybe a silly question, but if you cant root with the recovery file, what the big advantage of this program?

I mean recovery was already a standart option on the acer.. (guess)?

• 2 weeks later...

I just didn't take time to post it here.

Flashing the recovery have nothing to do with your boot issues.

It's safe to use/flash it.

Edited by vache

Guest chris_kozani

Ι have tried it before little time.it booted correclty from the first time but unfortunatelly same result for me.when i am trying to make nandroid + ext i have message run nandroid-mobile.sh via adb

Ι have tried it before little time.it booted correclty from the first time but unfortunatelly same result for me.when i am trying to make nandroid + ext i have message run nandroid-mobile.sh via adb

Did you partition your SD card and are you using apps2sd ?

Guest chris_kozani
Try this:

Boot in recovery, and launch the backup without doing anything else in the recovery.

i am not doing anything else.Ι boot in recovery from quick boot app and after that i go to backup option and take backup.I tried to do it with closed device and boot in recovery with hard keys combo,but i have same error

edit

I wrote this message when i was in recovery from hard keys combo.now i boot in to system and it asks me to choose language.i choose it and i show that gmail account and my contacts are dissapeared and need to sycronise again.and some settings like format for date and time are back in default.but all my apps and widgets in launcherpro are there!!!

Edited by chris_kozani

i am not doing anything else.Ι boot in recovery from quick boot app and after that i go to backup option and take backup.I tried to do it with closed device and boot in recovery with hard keys combo,but i have same error

edit

I wrote this message when i was in recovery from hard keys combo.now i boot in to system and it asks me to choose language.i choose it and i show that gmail account and my contacts are dissapeared and need to sycronise again.and some settings like format for date and time are back in default.but all my apps and widgets in launcherpro are there!!!

Looks like there's something wrong with your apps/data/dalvik to SD.

I suggest you to do it again from the beginning.

Guest athanaso77

I have faced the same problem some times before and i don't know what caused it! Please let me know if you find a solution.

I have faced the same problem some times before and i don't know what caused it! Please let me know if you find a solution.

Maybe cause you made a backup with a version og the recovery that didn't support data/dalvik, so when you restore your backup it's like a first boot cause there's no data restored.

Guest chris_kozani

Ι have partition my sd card from beggining and setup everything again.i`ll write the results.

but for other problem i have faced it without restore before.simply i went to recovery with combo keys,tried to take a nand+ext backup and after that,without restore sth, i made system reboot and i faced the problem

EDIT

Ok it worked but for now i run only your ready script for data2ext.can you make please a script which will move from beggining and dalvik-cache to sd-ext;

what i did

1.boot in recovery

2.wipe all userdata

3.partition sd card

4.made sd-ext from ext2 to ext3

5.copy back from pc my fat32 partition

6.flash rom again

7.boot into rom and after usual reboots i restored my apps with titanium backup

8.boot into recovery and voila nand+ext backup completed!!!

Then reboot and it asks me again for language.After that i made many reboots from recovery and for now no more "language problem"

Really thank you very much for your help. :D

Edited by chris_kozani

Ι have partition my sd card from beggining and setup everything again.i`ll write the results.

but for other problem i have faced it without restore before.simply i went to recovery with combo keys,tried to take a nand+ext backup and after that,without restore sth, i made system reboot and i faced the problem

EDIT

Ok it worked but for now i run only your ready script for data2ext.can you make please a script which will move from beggining and dalvik-cache to sd-ext;

what i did

1.boot in recovery

2.wipe all userdata

3.partition sd card

4.made sd-ext from ext2 to ext3

5.copy back from pc my fat32 partition

6.flash rom again

7.boot into rom and after usual reboots i restored my apps with titanium backup

8.boot into recovery and voila nand+ext backup completed!!!

Then reboot and it asks me again for language.After that i made many reboots from recovery and for now no more "language problem"

Really thank you very much for your help. :)

You're welcome :huh:

Guest chris_kozani

vache i see that your metalouney rom has a taste from gingerbread.is it easy to port whole gingerbread in liquid metal;

personally i dont care if for example camera or notifications in metal surface will not work because there are some other things i like in gingerbread.

Guest athanaso77
personally i dont care if for example camera or notifications in metal surface will not work because there are some other things i like in gingerbread.

Like what?

Guest chris_kozani

I like the text selection box with easiest copy-paste and ability to move in the text without the need to have trackball or keyboard with arrows.

You can change font size with spare parts.Now i am running at 200dpi but sometimes i want bigger font size and other times smaller.

And i hope that with 2.3 user agent for internet will work correctly. These are the things that make me not to use liquid metal as basic device.

Can I do app2sd apk, data, dalvik-cache in ext with this AmonRa Recovery without flashing Metalounay?

Nop you can't use App2SD with the recovery only.

You need a ROM that support it (including some scripts and a compatible boot.img)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest larguitto

Hi everybody

I´m spanish (Sorry for my english) and i´m new around here and with Android.

Recently i bought a Acer liquid metal and i´m trying to install AmonRa. I have just downloaded the archieves, set my phone on debug mode, and launch install_recovery.bat.

Then i have downloaded Quick Boot but an alert show me that i dont have root access.

¿What should i do?

Other question is a problem with Wifi. At home, i have a wifi conecction. At firs time i connect without any problem, but now i can´t connect. The wifi disconnect. After read a lot, i think is a problem with Froyo (my actual version is 2.2.2), but i don´t know if there is a solution while acer actualize to gingerbread.

Thanks in advance.