[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920) 6.5/6.5.5 Testing

Guest amdzero

Guest ultralight23
Touchplayer is indeed in this rom. It is required for use in the Camera.exe app. You are not able to find this file, as it is in ROM, and it is a HIDDEN SYSTEM file. So use total commander and create a short cut....

I found it in File Explorer and just copied a shortcut to Programs so i don't think total commander is needed to do this.

Guest Felbdogg

Great work AMD :lol: Everything that I wanted to work is great in this ROM! Battery life is sweet also... I haven't had to charge my phone for 3 days now. Took me a little bit to get the time out for the lock screen to 1 min but figured that out. Only thing is the weather info which really isn't that important to me. check out my screen shots :) Not sure if they look good or if this is what everyone wants to see but I'm new to this.

post-817195-1295895089_thumb.jpgpost-817195-1295895100_thumb.jpgpost-817195-1295895141_thumb.jpgpost-817195-1295895150_thumb.jpg

post-817195-1295895157_thumb.jpgpost-817195-1295895166_thumb.jpgpost-817195-1295895315_thumb.jpg

Edited by Felbdogg

Guest xlightwaverx
Great work AMD :lol: Everything that I wanted to work is great in this ROM! Battery life is sweet also... I haven't had to charge my phone for 3 days now. Took me a little bit to get the time out for the lock screen to 1 min but figured that out. Only thing is the weather info which really isn't that important to me. check out my screen shots :) Not sure if they look good or if this is what everyone wants to see but I'm new to this.

post-817195-1295895089_thumb.jpgpost-817195-1295895100_thumb.jpgpost-817195-1295895141_thumb.jpgpost-817195-1295895150_thumb.jpg

post-817195-1295895157_thumb.jpgpost-817195-1295895166_thumb.jpgpost-817195-1295895315_thumb.jpg

Very nice AMD.

Guest sixstrings

not sure if this is what you mean but to enable the weather go into the settings on the weather page and click enable my location.

Guest werever

Well i've been using the ROM for a couple of days now and have actually found a couple of issues the first is that the facebook app won't refresh and the other one is the youtube app i don't get any buttons during playback.

Hope this is helpful

Guest amdzero
I have GPS enabled. Google Maps works great so I have no idea why it doesn't show my weather...

Google maps and Google Location Service are two separate things. The GPS in Google Maps doesn't pull phone data, but GPS data from your reciever instead. At first it uses Location Service info to do a course location fix. The GPS can provide a fine location fix after a few satellites have been seen.

In order to get Weather to work properly, go to the weather tab, then click on the menu, then click enable location, then click yes to the google notification that pops up.

Guest amdzero
Well i've been using the ROM for a couple of days now and have actually found a couple of issues the first is that the facebook app won't refresh and the other one is the youtube app i don't get any buttons during playback.

Hope this is helpful

As far as I can tell, MS (the ones who own the Facebook app) are not updating this app anymore. So the fine peeps over at XDA have been doing some magic with Facebook. Here is a link to the most upto date version (I believe):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=627072

I don't know about the on screen controls, I'm still looking into this.

Guest nvrmind
Try to install this touch player cab and tell me it if this works:

Touchplayer

nope, didn't help... also found that i can't view even the videos i created with the phone.

As far as I can tell, MS (the ones who own the Facebook app) are not updating this app anymore. So the fine peeps over at XDA have been doing some magic with Facebook. Here is a link to the most upto date version (I believe):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=627072

I don't know about the on screen controls, I'm still looking into this.

actually, ms did update, download 1.1.0.26 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=627072

Guest amdzero
nope, didn't help... also found that i can't view even the videos i created with the phone.

actually, ms did update, download 1.1.0.26 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=627072

isn't that the same link I posted?

Also to help with the touchplayer, can you view videos you created in the camera app?

What I mean is record a video using camera app, then while still in the camera app, go to view, and try to play it from there. Post back if it worked please as this will help with the final version of this rom.

yes it is :lol:

2 questions:

1. How actively are you working on this rom? i want to give you feedback but was going to wait another day. However, if you plan on releasing another version say, tomorrow, then i'll go ahead and post it sooner.

2. How can i take screenshots in this rom? I know in your other roms you cooked the screenshot app in but i never took the time to figure it out.

Guest amdzero
yes it is :lol:

2 questions:

1. How actively are you working on this rom? i want to give you feedback but was going to wait another day. However, if you plan on releasing another version say, tomorrow, then i'll go ahead and post it sooner.

2. How can i take screenshots in this rom? I know in your other roms you cooked the screenshot app in but i never took the time to figure it out.

1. It will probably be another week, as I want to get all the input, fix all the issues, and then post another test rom (hopefully the last).

2. The screenshot app I use is actually: http://www.soti.net/PCPro/Default.aspx As this lets me take them right from my computer and save them.

If you just want to take snapshots on your phone, I used this: http://s-k-tools.com/a/SKTools5.CAB

Neither of them are free, but there is a trial if you want to use them. There are probably free ways to do it, but These are just what "I" used.

Guest nvrmind

Also to help with the touchplayer, can you view videos you created in the camera app?

What I mean is record a video using camera app, then while still in the camera app, go to view, and try to play it from there. Post back if it worked please as this will help with the final version of this rom.

Oops... my bad. I assumed you were linking to the XDAFacebook, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=871097.

Anyway, nope, can't play videos that I record with my phone in the camera app. Nothing shows when I try (no sound either), but when I press pause, the seek bar will move to where the video would be if it were actually playing.

Now, just for background, I disabled sense. I don't think that would affect it, but I'm not sure.

Guest ultralight23

^ vSnap (phone) and MyMobiler (pc) are both free apps . i'm on my i920 or i'd post links.

amd, when you update would it be possible for you to post "Ultralite - Sense"? just cause i'm lovin the 1st test of this ROM while running mychoice of UI.

Guest Felbdogg

Hope this is helpful

As far as I can tell the Facebook app works great for me... Works better on this ROM than it did when I first got the phone!!

Also thanks AMD I got my weather working! Only other thing I would add if possible without using too much ram is different icons on the top like in AMDZero ZeroSense (DC23) v2.0. And is there anyway to get the more links on the HOME screen?

Problems found:

E-mail message header "TO" is in Chinese and date is not properly displayed

post-798859-1296077362_thumb.jpg

I am able to play previously recorded videos using Media Player but it skips. Unable to play using the camera app(described in a previous post)

General Feedback:

I haven't performed a soft reset in 2 days and memory has settled around 20~25mb with overall performance still good. I did remove 2 tabs (calendar and internet) whiched seemed to help a bit.

Yesterday I played between 5~6 hours of music using headphones, sent 30~40 SMS messages and had several phone conversations without using external power. At the end of the day, 34% battery remained.

Apps i've installed: Opera 10, Total Commander

Requests:

Holding lock button actually locks the phone - Installed PocketShield

A faster way to check battery life - Installed Battclock 3.4.3

(If possible)A way to 'restart' sense similar to spb ms - since this occurs after removing a tab i was able to notice an increase in ram - Installed CleanRAM

Overall, this is a great ROM for what I need and performs MUCH better than your current ZeroSense ROM.

*EDIT*

I forgot to say "Thank You!" This ROM is great!

Edited by jberd

@amdzero:

I humbly ask if you are planning to release that rom for I8000 ? I flashed it by mistake :lol: to my phone and it worked great (aside from nonworking phone part).

But maybe it was my imagination - does GSM part require so much processing power that it slows down WM so much? Because Sense worked amazingly fast...

Guest amdzero
@amdzero:

I humbly ask if you are planning to release that rom for I8000 ? I flashed it by mistake :lol: to my phone and it worked great (aside from nonworking phone part).

But maybe it was my imagination - does GSM part require so much processing power that it slows down WM so much? Because Sense worked amazingly fast...

to my knowledge no. I can create a rom for you if you have time. I can't test it so I'll need YOU do to the testing, which could take a while. pm me if you are interested.

Guest nickmo20

Hello AMDZero! Well, I don't have time to read through 7 pages of comments and some dumb questions... But hopefully this isn't a dumb question.

I went ahead and flashed your ROM test 1 (without sense) and i KNOW normally with 23569 COM5 my start menu and start bar are on the bottom, but still after flashing, it's still located at the top! Have you created a fix for this? is there a way to change this?

I am/was a chef for the Omnia 1 i910, and that came with 6.1 pro and I cooked 23569 COM 5 on it and that actually has the start icon at the bottom. SO i know it's possible, but not sure if because i920 has 6.5 already and just won't adapt??? idk I'm new to i920 but hopefully will be quickly acquainted. Hell, i've had the phone for 2 days and i've tried building ROMs and flashed 3 times already!

Thanks!

Nick

Guest amdzero
Hello AMDZero! Well, I don't have time to read through 7 pages of comments and some dumb questions... But hopefully this isn't a dumb question.

I went ahead and flashed your ROM test 1 (without sense) and i KNOW normally with 23569 COM5 my start menu and start bar are on the bottom, but still after flashing, it's still located at the top! Have you created a fix for this? is there a way to change this?

I am/was a chef for the Omnia 1 i910, and that came with 6.1 pro and I cooked 23569 COM 5 on it and that actually has the start icon at the bottom. SO i know it's possible, but not sure if because i920 has 6.5 already and just won't adapt??? idk I'm new to i920 but hopefully will be quickly acquainted. Hell, i've had the phone for 2 days and i've tried building ROMs and flashed 3 times already!

Thanks!

Nick

Ah, a new i920 chef, just what this phone needs. Your question is valid, but this is NOT a COM5 (23569) rom. Its actually a modified stock rom. I've taken the 21906 rom from samsung and just stripped it down. So if you are using the Test 1 rom, there are some things missing that I put back in Test 2. You'd have to read the 7 pages of comments, as I don't remember exactly what they are.

If you need help with making roms, pm me I can get you started.

Guest sixstrings

if anyone is wondering about this,...i just installed cookies home tab (the older version), and then cht editor 1.8.5.1 and it has made this amazing rom even better!! Thanks again AMD

Edited by sixstrings

Guest Tony AFM

My Dear AMDZero,

First off, I want to thank you for all the great ROMS you have created for the i920. I have been running Test 2 and really like the way it works on my phone.

Do you know of any way to add a Twitter tab and a Facebook tab to this ROM. Work now has me monitoring both Facebook and Twitter. It doesn't matter to me if it is a cab install or if I need to reflash the phone.

Thanks much,

Tonyafm