MoDaCo Custom r1 Beta discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest clockwork_LS
Lots of changes in alpha3 (coming up soon)... it feels even more responsive, and even benches a little faster too. :lol:

P

quadrantalpha3.png

This is insane,

i know you are good at this paul, but the highest i get on quadrant is 998, you have doubled the score!!! (w/ or w/o overclock?)

What do you get on linpack?

I must thank you for your past and present work on many devices, i was getting bored of everything working fine on my TAB, i need to tinker, and the quadrant score is definitely the correct motivation for a sleepless night rooting and flashing!!!

Edit: So i believe i have reached an impasse, how do i install clockworkmod on my Euro Tab, (need simple explanation) there is no Euro recovery, only Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile... arg!!! should i just wait for the euro recovery or is there a simple other way?

Edited by clockwork_LS

Guest roy8846
This is insane,

i know you are good at this paul, but the highest i get on quadrant is 998, you have doubled the score!!! (w/ or w/o overclock?)

What do you get on linpack?

I must thank you for your past and present work on many devices, i was getting bored of everything working fine on my TAB, i need to tinker, and the quadrant score is definitely the correct motivation for a sleepless night rooting and flashing!!!

Edit: So i believe i have reached an impasse, how do i install clockworkmod on my Euro Tab, (need simple explanation) there is no Euro recovery, only Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile... arg!!! should i just wait for the euro recovery or is there a simple other way?

ClockworkMod is installed automatically when you flash the Modaco Kernel (r3 is the newest). Look a few topics below this one :lol:

Beta 2 online! :lol:

Non-wipe for Beta 1 users, auto-wipe for everyone else.

P

Changelog

Beta 2 (forthcoming)

• Now based on the JMG release
  • Fixed 'dict' crash
  • Fixed device not responding correctly to 'reboot' command
  • Added AppWidgetPicker (user request)
  • Revered Swype to the 'full widget' version (will be optional when kitchen is online)
  • Restored / updated e-reading applications
  • Updated Flash Player
  • Added Titanium Backup in ROM (for convenience - will be optional when kitchen is online)
  • Included non-wipe update for Beta 1 users
  • Gingerbread sounds (notifications, ringtones etc.)

Guest rinaldos

Hi,

thanks for the new ROM. I have upgraded from BETA 1 and the Upgrade Procedure works like a charme. But after the Upgrade, the Exchange Client doesn't work anymore:-( I used the builtin Mail Application.

I deleted my account Information and set up a new Account, but the Exchange Client could noch fetch any mails :-(

Can anyone confirm this error?

Thanks in Advance

rinaldos

Hi,

thanks for the new ROM. I have upgraded from BETA 1 and the Upgrade Procedure works like a charme. But after the Upgrade, the Exchange Client doesn't work anymore:-( I used the builtin Mail Application.

I deleted my account Information and set up a new Account, but the Exchange Client could noch fetch any mails :-(

Thanks in Advance

rinaldos

Investigating.

P

Hi,

Thanks in Advance

rinaldos

Exchange mail working OK here i'm afraid, both with an existing account and setting it up again.

P

Guest rinaldos
Exchange mail working OK here i'm afraid, both with an existing account and setting it up again.

P

Hm, i tried a full restore, and after i updated the non-wipe Version again. I will leave a reply :-) Thanks for your fast reply.

rinaldos

Guest clockwork_LS
ClockworkMod is installed automatically when you flash the Modaco Kernel (r3 is the newest). Look a few topics below this one :lol:

Ok can you help me out, i kinda messed it all up, im not very good at this stuff...

Tab was Rooted yesterday.

installed ODIN (1.7),

set tab into download mode,

Checked auto reboot and F. Reset Time, but not Re-Partition,

PDA File - p1000-mck-r3-ext4-cwm

Pit File - s1_odin_20100803.pit

Pressed start, all went fine, said passed, took about 3 seconds...

went into clockworkmod and said it failed md5 something...

What did i do wrong?

Guest roy8846
Ok can you help me out, i kinda messed it all up, im not very good at this stuff...

installed ODIN (1.7),

What did i do wrong?

I did not use a pit file at all?? I dont even know what one does lol..

Flashed the r3 using odin , rebooted into recovery and it did the ext4 conversion (with an SD card inserted with plenty of room)... DONE!

installed ODIN (1.7),

What did i do wrong?

Tried it again? Do you have plenty of room on your microSD?

P

I am so excited that this is being developed! I will probably wait til the online kitchen however, not that I am afraid to try a BETA but my Tab is in daily use right now and I want a stable version.

EXCELLENT work so far Paul though matey :lol:

Guest rinaldos
Hm, i tried a full restore, and after i updated the non-wipe Version again. I will leave a reply :-) Thanks for your fast reply.

rinaldos

I reinstalled the ROM, and after deleting the Account Information, and renew the Account, the MailClient works with my Exchange Server.

But now the Mailclient, doesn't show any other folders than the inbox Folder :-( This Error I have had with the original Samsung ROM. After your beta 1, the Mailclient works.

Maybe I wait for beta 3 :-) I also see, that in beta2 are fewer syncronise (Push, working time) Options for the Mail Client than in the beta1. But thank you, for your fast reply.

Gruß

Ingo

Guest clockwork_LS
I did not use a pit file at all?? I dont even know what one does lol..

Flashed the r3 using odin , rebooted into recovery and it did the ext4 conversion (with an SD card inserted with plenty of room)... DONE!

This is what i get in Clockworkmod v3.0.0.0

Checking /system...

E:failed to mount /system (Invalid argument)

/system may be rfs. Checking...

Checking /data...

Checking /datadata...

E:failed to mount /datadata...(Invalid argument)

/datadata may be rfs. Checking...

Checking /cache...

E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)

/cache may be rfs. Checking...

Done!

E:can't mount /cache/recovery/command

E:can't mount /cache/recovery/log

E:can't open /cache/recovery/log

E:can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log

E:can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

Thanks in advance for your help

P.S. 8GB sd card, nothing on system, did a wipe of internal storage before commencing.

I am so excited that this is being developed! I will probably wait til the online kitchen however, not that I am afraid to try a BETA but my Tab is in daily use right now and I want a stable version.

EXCELLENT work so far Paul though matey :lol:

FWIW, I think Beta 2 is stable and r1 will probably have minimal changes (kitchen aside).

P

Guest clockwork_LS
Strange, can you see your SD card OK in clockworkmod? e.g. from 'apply update zip'?

P

yep and i have the beta 1 zip on there, should i try to flash that?

the first time it happened i tried to go back to the restore, the backup it automatically performed prior to running the script for ext4, and it wont let me, so im stuck in clockworkmod and cant boot into anything but download mode or clockwork mod...

Edit: Should i just flash an entire rom, cos i cant do anything, it wont let me delete, reset, i think this thing is done for... only had it two weeks.

Edit 2: Found work around, flashed entire jm6 rom using odin... now back to starting point. at least it works now

Edited by clockwork_LS

Guest trektech

after updating from Beta 1 to Beta 2, my tab seems to vibrate like I always press the home button..

NOTE: after clearing the data of swype, my problem with vibrating tab is solved..

Edited by trektech

Guest DazColl

Hi Paul,

Any idea if the settings app has issues in Beta 2?

I've been running Alpha2 + Kernal r2 for a couple of days no probs. Upgraded to Beta2 + Kernal r3 today and now when I go into settings/display/brightness I get a "Sorry! The application settings has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close" message.

Is it something I've done? If so, any idea how I resolve it? I don't mind doing a full reset/format if required, but could do with a nudge on how to achive that properly.

Loving your work. ;)

Guest blaze23
Hi Paul,

Any idea if the settings app has issues in Beta 2?

I've been running Alpha2 + Kernal r2 for a couple of days no probs. Upgraded to Beta2 + Kernal r3 today and now when I go into settings/display/brightness I get a "Sorry! The application settings has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force Close" message.

Is it something I've done? If so, any idea how I resolve it? I don't mind doing a full reset/format if required, but could do with a nudge on how to achive that properly.

Loving your work. ;)

Im getting this problem as well. Also power saving mode doesn't appear to be working anymore. The screen looks the same with it on and off.