Basic CM61-Pulse0.40 ROM installation with modifications

Guest twrock

Guest twrock
GOOD EVENING TWROCK

Thank you again for this ROM very functional shares the same opinion as Avenn.

Could you give me the link to the official 2.1 of Rom DE and link for the file from the RECOVERY CLOCKWORKMOD 2.5.0.7

Thank you in advance and greetings from France

Thank you for the compliment.

But, to give you those links, I would have to first use the search functions of this forum. But you can use those the same as I can.

From my "signature":

Want a quicker answer?

* Use the search function at bottom of this thread to search this thread.

* Use the search function at the top of the page to search the Pulse forum.

Guest twrock
The explanation on the first page on how to install this ROM en the post installation settings is just pure gold.

You did an amazing job with this twrock!

I believe a lot of people just install a ROM and stop there. But with this guide it is so simple to do the post installation settings and increase the potential dramatically. Its not that it gets a bit better after doing these settings, its a huuuugeee increase in speed, stability and free space on the phone...

If, for whatever reason, you doubt to install dta2sd on your pulse I would say it is a MUST have!!!

Thanks twrock...

Yes, from my experience in uploading these roms and seeing the threads that followed, I am always amazed at how little some people are willing to work at understanding this and even doing the simple reading that would really help them have a better experience (and a better phone). Sometimes I feel a little regret in helping to make it all as easy as it is. Too many people think it should come to them without any effort at all on their part. They can't even be bothered to do something as simple as reading the directions! :(

Ok, enough complaining from me. :( Thanks for the compliment.

Guest SaladOA

Just popping in to say that I was using AIO before and switched to this as a last ditch effort to remedy my problems. As soon as I did so I found myself wondering why I hadn't switched sooner. This ROM is infinitely better than AIO in just about every way. Thanks for all that you've done and keep up the good work.

Guest twrock
GOOD EVENING TWROCK

Thank you again for this ROM very functional shares the same opinion as Avenn.

Could you give me the link to the official 2.1 of Rom DE and link for the file from the RECOVERY CLOCKWORKMOD 2.5.0.7

Thank you in advance and greetings from France

Links to the 2010 official UK 2.1 rom and Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.7 are now listed in the first post's installation instructions.

Guest mustafa_ale
Links to the 2010 official UK 2.1 rom and Clockwork Recovery 2.5.0.7 are now listed in the first post's installation instructions.

Hallo Tom, finally im back to 2010 UK and using this CM. its bug with GPS status bar?. coz when i'm using GPS then turn off GPS. thats still appear GPS icon on status bar. sorry if i miss other posting about it

Guest Chronogps

Hi, I use this ROM since one week. Great job !

I have a problem on my HUAWEI 8230 since this upgrade : The GPS doesn't work well. When I use a navigation program the fix is very long (few minutes) and the GPS seems to deliver only 1 position. Only one good position !

I use the HUAWEI without SIM card and no wifi access.

Any idea to fix this problem ?

Guest Chronogps

Some news (and it is very strange) :

If I launch Navigon (famous navigation solution), or the program "GPS Status" (or my program Chronogps), I get only one gps position and nothing else after.

If I launch "Gps Test" first, the GPS works fine, the I launch Navigon, GPS Status or Chronogps, all these program work and the GPS position update is ok...

Guest totiadrenalin
I am 95% sure that the Tre 2.1 update had a larger /system partition than the old UK 2.1 update. Back when I was modding 2.1 roms, I purposefully used the Tre rom because it had more space, allowing me to add the necessary files to support Chinese IME. I could install my roms on the Tre update, but not on the UK update. (But of course I left myself 5% space to be wrong about that.) :(

Toti, that's interesting to me. So these newest two updates are the same in partition size. The DE rom has a number of language packs that are taking up a lot of space. So if the /system partition is smaller than the older UK 2.1 update, it is quite small indeed! I'm curious now what all they left out to make things fit.

Is anyone willing to take the time to build us the "rom modders DE 2.1 rom", similar to what I did last year with the Tre rom mod? (basically, root, dt a2sd, and swap enabled) I know for some of you that would be trivial, but for me, it would require learning how to do it all over again (something I reeeeeeeeally don't want to take the time to do).

And I'm 105% sure that the Hungary and tre updates has 110MB system partition and 85MB data partition.

And the old UK update had 100MB /system and about 95MB data.

When something is configmed you can't complain of the resoults.

And Tworck!

I hadn't try your rom, and sorry man, but I never will.

I don't use my phone as dev phone any more!

But I wish you luck!

I just wan't to tell you that there's even more bugs than the known one.

For example.

The camera:

buggy auto focus;

No digital zoom;

No 1x optical zoom;

Buggy framebuffer - missing two lines of pixels in the captured pictures.

And dozens of other minor, and major bugs.

Most of them are coused by the libs.

Because Tom has used libs from the old UK 2.1 Update.

And fiew because of some buggy apps, or some binaries.

To fix those bugs you gonna need the Source, fix the bugs, and re-compile the ROM.

Best Regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

No 1x optical zoom;

Amm... Toti, 1x means standart (no optical zoom).

From mathematical point of view, a number multiplied by 1 is the same number...

Guest twrock
And I'm 105% sure that the Hungary and tre updates has 110MB system partition and 85MB data partition.

And the old UK update had 100MB /system and about 95MB data.

When something is configmed you can't complain of the resoults.

And Tworck!

I hadn't try your rom, and sorry man, but I never will.

I don't use my phone as dev phone any more!

But I wish you luck!

I just wan't to tell you that there's even more bugs than the known one.

For example.

The camera:

buggy auto focus;

No digital zoom;

No 1x optical zoom;

Buggy framebuffer - missing two lines of pixels in the captured pictures.

And dozens of other minor, and major bugs.

Most of them are coused by the libs.

Because Tom has used libs from the old UK 2.1 Update.

And fiew because of some buggy apps, or some binaries.

To fix those bugs you gonna need the Source, fix the bugs, and re-compile the ROM.

Best Regards

TOTI

Yes, there are bugs. But in my case, I don't care about the remaining bugs. (And I don't have all of the problems you mentioned with the camera app either.)

With this rom, the decision everyone must make is whether or not they can live with the bugs. I can.

And as I mentioned elsewhere, using this rom with the settings I have at the moment is the most stable experience I have ever had since leaving 1.5. So I stick with it.

However, I spent the last 24 hours playing with the new UK 2.1 rom to see if I can modify it to be a rom I want to use. So far so good. I even integrated your mem-killer numbers into it. :( Maybe it will be the rom I end up using.

But I will say this. There is no way I will use the new UK 2.1 rom as long as it has that horrible Contacts/Dialer app combination! Those are just terrible. I have no idea how anyone thought this new way was superior to the way the previous Contacts/Dialer apps worked together.

I will be trying to find good replacements for those, and then see if I can get the full rom to be something I like.

Cheers.

Guest Nguyen Huy

U8230: Work well, but camera just can capture 1 picture, then crashed. Auto turn of when my battery has ~ 28%. Auto run Message as background application????

Guest twrock
U8230: Work well, but camera just can capture 1 picture, then crashed. Auto turn of when my battery has ~ 28%. Auto run Message as background application????

The camera bug has been mentioned about one thousand times! You need to read the instructions in the first post.

I don't understand what you are talking about in the other comments.

Guest Nguyen Huy
The camera bug has been mentioned about one thousand times! You need to read the instructions in the first post.

I don't understand what you are talking about in the other comments.

I'm sorry, I forgot it:(.

I means this morning, I saw my phone is turned off. When I tried to turn it on, it turned off automatically. Then I tried again when charging, I saw my phone still had about 28% power (I don't know how to explain, sorry about my English:()

One more thing, the Messaging application always run although I don't click on it.

post-849416-1299400812_thumb.png

Edited by Nguyen Huy

Guest twrock
I'm sorry, I forgot it:(.

I means this morning, I saw my phone is turned off. When I tried to turn it on, it turned off automatically. Then I tried again when charging, I saw my phone still had about 28% power (I don't know how to explain, sorry about my English:()

One more thing, the Messaging application always run although I don't click on it.

Here are some things to consider.

1. When the camera app crashes because of the bug, it will very quickly drain the battery. You need to reboot, and you need to change the camera resolution to something lower or get a camera app like Vignette.

2. Yes, the Messaging app is being "forced" to stay on in the rom. If not, you will probably start to have problems getting messages. This is a common bug in Android, and this rom tries to solve it this way. But you can turn that off in the rom settinngs.

3. I don't know why your phone shut down while still having 28%.

Guest gocegi

twrock, is it possible to theme your ROM like Richards AIO v5?

In the change log, it says that Filip360 gingerbread theme had been used, but can't find it anywhere ;)

And I absolutely LOVE the black status bar, and black menu settings...

If you could help me out, it would be a bliss

Cheers

EDIT:

Never mind dude, just found it :(

I Absolutely LOVE this theme :)

here it is if by any chance, someone wants it (as a option you could consider linking it to your first page, just a suggestion)

Gingerbread Theme

:(

Edited by gocegi

Guest totiadrenalin
Yes, there are bugs. But in my case, I don't care about the remaining bugs. (And I don't have all of the problems you mentioned with the camera app either.)

With this rom, the decision everyone must make is whether or not they can live with the bugs. I can.

And as I mentioned elsewhere, using this rom with the settings I have at the moment is the most stable experience I have ever had since leaving 1.5. So I stick with it.

However, I spent the last 24 hours playing with the new UK 2.1 rom to see if I can modify it to be a rom I want to use. So far so good. I even integrated your mem-killer numbers into it. :( Maybe it will be the rom I end up using.

But I will say this. There is no way I will use the new UK 2.1 rom as long as it has that horrible Contacts/Dialer app combination! Those are just terrible. I have no idea how anyone thought this new way was superior to the way the previous Contacts/Dialer apps worked together.

I will be trying to find good replacements for those, and then see if I can get the full rom to be something I like.

Cheers.

Uste the Tre dialer and, phone, call log apps.

Just the way as I do!

Why not?

Along with the Tre Framework and Tre Launcher

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin

Cheers.

Just the way as I do!

Why not?

Sorry Double post.

My internet connection is killing me!

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest twrock

Just the way as I do!

Why not?

Thanks for the ideas.

I used a mod of the Tre rom before moving to CM6. I really liked the Tre rom for modifying.

But, maybe you should try this rom, at least once......... :( :(

Guest twrock
twrock, is it possible to theme your ROM like Richards AIO v5?

In the change log, it says that Filip360 gingerbread theme had been used, but can't find it anywhere ;)

And I absolutely LOVE the black status bar, and black menu settings...

If you could help me out, it would be a bliss

Cheers

EDIT:

Never mind dude, just found it :)

I Absolutely LOVE this theme ;)

here it is if by any chance, someone wants it (as a option you could consider linking it to your first page, just a suggestion)

Gingerbread Theme

:(

Glad you found it and got it working. Yes, I think a lot of people like darker themes. I actually prefer things lighter. Maybe it's an age thing. :(

Anyway, I think installing themes is not too hard for the average person, so I'll just leave that up to the end user.

Guest sleepingman

twrock, i've been using your rom for a while now and everything is working (minus the know bugs but that i was expecting :( ) i have just one problem:

i keep getting FC in ADW launcher when i turn the phone "on" from sleep(screen of). it doesnt happen all the time and i think it was because of my settings in setCPU. now im using only the normal settings without any profiles (my settings are 245/614 onDemand).

do you know anything that may be causing this? if you dont know or dont have time is ok, the rom is still dam good :(

again thanks for your time making this rom/tweaks (i dont know what is the more suiteble).

Guest twrock
twrock, i've been using your rom for a while now and everything is working (minus the know bugs but that i was expecting :( ) i have just one problem:

i keep getting FC in ADW launcher when i turn the phone "on" from sleep(screen of). it doesnt happen all the time and i think it was because of my settings in setCPU. now im using only the normal settings without any profiles (my settings are 245/614 onDemand).

do you know anything that may be causing this? if you dont know or dont have time is ok, the rom is still dam good :(

again thanks for your time making this rom/tweaks (i dont know what is the more suiteble).

Hmm, I don't recall that I do anything special that would effect this. I do have "Lock home in memory" enabled in CM Performance Settings, but I think that is fairly common knowledge (and it is mentioned in the second post of this thread). Otherwise, I've been running SetCPU at 245/528 normally (basically no OC'ing), and I have one profile for the "screen off" state of 122/320. But I would think that should make things even worse, not better. So I really have no other ideas why you have this problem but I don't. Are you using any themes for ADW? Maybe there is something wrong there?

While on that topic, I am using the "Espresso UI (Nest w/ Slide)" ADW theme and really like it. But I also use MIUI icons (a mixture of other people's and ones I've made myself). Of course I changed the wallpaper too.

Guest anegin

Patch to Camera system app for CyanogenMod.

It allows you to:

- capture multiple photos at 3Mpx resolution without forceclose.

- record video without repeated autofocus

Built from last Froyo AOSP source + some fixes.

Download (flash from recovery): Camera_cm6_patched_anegin.zip

UPD: error in update-script fixed

Edited by anegin

Guest AntonioPT
Patch to Camera system app for CyanogenMod.

It allows you to:

- capture multiple photos at 3Mpx resolution without forceclose.

- record video without repeated autofocus

Built from last Froyo AOSP source + some fixes.

Download (flash from recovery): Camera_cm6_patched_anegin.zip

UPD: error in update-script fixed

SO AWESOME! How did you do this? What did you patch exactly?

Guest anegin

Patched only some java code in Camera application.

Added reinitialization of Camera object after each shot. This caused a releasing memory. Therefore, there is a small delay after each shot.

Bug in camera driver is still present.

So other apps (except this one and Vignette) will be forceclosed after second 3mpx shot.

Also present small bug in video recorder: HUD icons dissapper after switching quality mode. They appear again after restarting app or switching to camera mode and back.

Edited by anegin

Guest AntonioPT
Patched only some java code in Camera application.

Added reinitialization of Camera object after each shot. This caused a releasing memory. Therefore, there is a small delay after each shot.

Bug in camera driver is still present.

So other apps (except this one and Vignette) will be forceclosed after second 3mpx shot.

Also present small bug in video recorder: HUD icons dissapper after switching quality mode. They appear again after restarting app or switching to camera mode and back.

If you could post a patch with the modifications you have done, I would really appreciate it!

BTW, congratulations for (kind of) fixing the most important bug in the CM6 ROM! Thanks a lot! :(

twrock, I'm going to upload here a ROM based on yours with slight tweaks and with this camera apk included. If you want, you can release that as the next version of your rom. I'll also post in detail all the modifications I have done (with f0.3.2 as a base). Also, I have an idea for the gapps. Why don't we put the "fixed", non-updateable gapps (like Vending, Google[...]SyncAdapter, GenieWidget, VoiceSearch) on /system and all the other market-updateable gapps (YouTube, RomManager, Twitter, GMail, ...) on /data? I think that would be ideal as the apps would be more easily updated! Probably, in companion with the ROM I'm going to upload, I'll also upload a version of your gapps arranged like this (with all apps updated, of course).

Edited by AntonioPT