Basic CM61-Pulse0.40 ROM installation with modifications

Guest twrock

Guest machavez84

I just installed this ROM, my problem is that it crash everytime i try to install something from the market. It downloads the apps but when starts to install the phone reboot

any help?

Guest huawei8220

Hi,

I'm on TWROCKs Basic CM61-Pulse0.40 ROM

and can't use VPN because TUN is disabled in the Kernel ?!?

Is it possible to activate it as root?

Otherwise TUN would be an option for future ROMs.

Frank

Guest twrock
I just installed this ROM, my problem is that it crash everytime i try to install something from the market. It downloads the apps but when starts to install the phone reboot

any help?

Are you sure you followed all the installation instructions in the first post exactly?

Suggestions:

1. Make sure you are using the OLDER UK2.1 rom update as your base.

2. Make sure you do a full wipe.

3. Make sure you are using the linked Gapps and not some other version of Gapps.

Guest machavez84
Are you sure you followed all the installation instructions in the first post exactly?

Suggestions:

1. Make sure you are using the OLDER UK2.1 rom update as your base.

2. Make sure you do a full wipe.

3. Make sure you are using the linked Gapps and not some other version of Gapps.

Im upgrading from the last Tom.G port (beta-0.40)... can this be the cause of the problem?

Guest twrock
Im upgrading from the last Tom.G port (beta-0.40)... can this be the cause of the problem?

That should not be the issue at all. Most problems with Market are caused by those three things I mentioned. Actually, at this point, almost all problems are related to people not carefully following the installation instructions. (Of course many problems can arise after installation because of the settings you choose and apps you install, but that is a different issue.)

Guest sporting_exodus

Just want to thank Twrock for this ROM (and the ones before) - they have been my ROMs of choice for many months now, absolutely reliable and only ever updated for good reasons. Unless CM7 turns out to have some significant advantages then I'll stick with this.

Just curious if Twrock has any more tweaks up his sleeve, or whether this is now pretty much a completed work?

Guest twrock
twrock in a benchmark of this rom vs the CM plus (antonio rom) who wins? :D

I have no idea. Test it if yourself if you really "need" to know. B)

There are a lot of factors that go into a high benchmark score, so make sure you have everything set up exactly the same, or you will be comparing apples and oranges.

Having said that, I suspect that CM Plus should win in all categories. I'm sure Antonio has tweaked it out as far as he could. I have not tried to get every last millisecond/mhz I could. I don't even run the CPU at full speed, preferring to save battery vs. running X% faster. So my "requirements" for a rom are not the same as everyone else. As always, YMMV.

And for sporting_exodus, no, I have no more tweaks up my sleeve. I think the rom is just about as "done" as it can be. If someone come up with a better "patch" or a real fix for the few bugs and front facing camera problem, I might consider updating. Otherwise, this is it.

I will suggest people who still aren't satisfied either go back to 2.1 official (DE) or update to CM Plus or just wait for CM7. I'm "satisfied", but I always remain flexible on that. And of course I'm not satisfied with having a Pulse any more. When my contract comes up for renewal, I am definitely out of here! ;) I'll be looking at some HTC goodness.

Guest totiadrenalin
I have no idea. Test it if yourself if you really "need" to know. ;)

There are a lot of factors that go into a high benchmark score, so make sure you have everything set up exactly the same, or you will be comparing apples and oranges.

Having said that, I suspect that CM Plus should win in all categories. I'm sure Antonio has tweaked it out as far as he could. I have not tried to get every last millisecond/mhz I could. I don't even run the CPU at full speed, preferring to save battery vs. running X% faster. So my "requirements" for a rom are not the same as everyone else. As always, YMMV.

And for sporting_exodus, no, I have no more tweaks up my sleeve. I think the rom is just about as "done" as it can be. If someone come up with a better "patch" or a real fix for the few bugs and front facing camera problem, I might consider updating. Otherwise, this is it.

I will suggest people who still aren't satisfied either go back to 2.1 official (DE) or update to CM Plus or just wait for CM7. I'm "satisfied", but I always remain flexible on that. And of course I'm not satisfied with having a Pulse any more. When my contract comes up for renewal, I am definitely out of here! :D I'll be looking at some HTC goodness.

Nice speech man!

I can't wait to buy new phone.

This phone is getting to old for the new competitors!

So I'm considering of buy a new phone. I won't wait that long. I gave my t-mobile postpaid sim to my mother, and she is paying the bills. I have a temporary prepaid number. And after I buy a new phone I'll give this one to her. Not to my girlfriend but to my mom.

Because if my girlfriend owns this phone again I'd lose my time with it again.

:D

But I really want the DT working.

Only that is the think what's keeping this phone with me.

EDIT:

The only think that this PHONE PULSE need is a bit more ram memory. Not to much, about 40-60MB more ram.

And it'll work perfect. No force closes any more.

But it doesn't.

So, not that I don't like it.

Excellent chassis, very big display, not that bad processor, overclocked it works perfect, who need the front facing camera, but lack of ram memory.

If you wan't the swap to do it job, you will have to find some sdcard much faster then class6 6 mb/s.

For example class10, but this sdcards are way to much expensive. So this isn't a option.

And with slow sdcard we are even slowing down the phone performances with swap.

Also for dta2sd or even froyo apps2sd we also need class6+ sdcard.

So this SmartPhone is really to old for the competitors.

By the way.

This phone became a legend it self.

From 1.5 it get to 2.3 Android.

And almost fully functional cm6.

It is a legend for real.

I love it, but I want to change it.

B)

Edited by totiadrenalin

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Srdan

any help?

Afer flashing ROM make a reboot, enter pin and wait for system to boot up fully. Then reboot back in recovery and install gapps + DT

Edited by Srdan

Guest bindi

While this ROM works great apart from one major issue. My Phone keep showing "No SIM" or No network every now and then specially after getting out of lifts or poor signal areas. It doesn't latch to network even coming back to good signal areas. Only way to fix this is to switch off and on and it works.

I have done a full wipe and all other recommended steps for this ROM. Had Old UK update 2.1 and FLB Roms before this.

One other issue I have is, although A2SDGUI shows that apps are on SD but terminal emulator when running a2sdcheck shows errors!!! I have patched with DTA2Sd package attached on first page with swap and ext2 and FAt partitions.

Edited by bindi

Guest rangeoshun
While this ROM works great apart from one major issue. My Phone keep showing "No SIM" or No network every now and then specially after getting out of lifts or poor signal areas. It doesn't latch to network even coming back to good signal areas. Only way to fix this is to switch off and on and it works.

Have you tried just turn on the airplane mode, than off?

Guest twrock

I have done a full wipe and all other recommended steps for this ROM. Had Old UK update 2.1 and FLB Roms before this.

One other issue I have is, although A2SDGUI shows that apps are on SD but terminal emulator when running a2sdcheck shows errors!!! I have patched with DTA2Sd package attached on first page with swap and ext2 and FAt partitions.

Sorry, I don't have either of those problems, so I don't know what the issues really are. However, I might have some suggestions for you.

As was mentioned, "airplane mode" on and off should get you reconnected. But also, included in the rom is an app called Secret Phone Settings. Using that app, click on Phone Info and scroll down to the bottom. There you can see what the network is being set to. Maybe that will help. You can also turn on and off 2G as a quick way to force reconnection (vs. rebooting).

Regarding the issue you see with A2SD, I don't always trust A2SDGUI. I prefer to use what Terminal tells me. However, are you sure that apps are not being installed to SD? You should be able to tell is you look at how much memory you have left in Settings/SD card & phone storage. If after you install a bunch of apps you have hardly any space left in phone storage, then yes, a2sd is not working. You can try to enter "a2sd reinstall" and "a2sd repair" (after entering "su").

Good luck.

Guest bindi
Sorry, I don't have either of those problems, so I don't know what the issues really are. However, I might have some suggestions for you.

As was mentioned, "airplane mode" on and off should get you reconnected. But also, included in the rom is an app called Secret Phone Settings. Using that app, click on Phone Info and scroll down to the bottom. There you can see what the network is being set to. Maybe that will help. You can also turn on and off 2G as a quick way to force reconnection (vs. rebooting).

Regarding the issue you see with A2SD, I don't always trust A2SDGUI. I prefer to use what Terminal tells me. However, are you sure that apps are not being installed to SD? You should be able to tell is you look at how much memory you have left in Settings/SD card & phone storage. If after you install a bunch of apps you have hardly any space left in phone storage, then yes, a2sd is not working. You can try to enter "a2sd reinstall" and "a2sd repair" (after entering "su").

Good luck.

Regarding no service and no sim issues, yes I have tried airplane mode on and off and 3G/2G switch, but it doesn't work. I was away for last 4 days and this phone was showing no service for most of these days, the worst I have had so far. Even rebooting and taking sim out didn't work most of the time. While I love the 2.2 feel but it have made the phone only smart but no longer a phone. I don't know which ROM or what fix can fix this issue?

Guest Casterina
Regarding no service and no sim issues, yes I have tried airplane mode on and off and 3G/2G switch, but it doesn't work. I was away for last 4 days and this phone was showing no service for most of these days, the worst I have had so far. Even rebooting and taking sim out didn't work most of the time. While I love the 2.2 feel but it have made the phone only smart but no longer a phone. I don't know which ROM or what fix can fix this issue?

Check out the latest apps you might have downloaded before the problem occured, it could be preventing you too get a service....

Guest bindi
Check out the latest apps you might have downloaded before the problem occured, it could be preventing you too get a service....

I have already uninstalled all the apps I installed since flashing with this ROM.

Guest twrock
I have already uninstalled all the apps I installed since flashing with this ROM.

How about reflashing with an official 2.1 rom and using it to help determine the origin of your problem. Just use an official rom for a while to make sure the problem isn't somewhere else, then slowly work back up to the rom you want.

Guest bindi
How about reflashing with an official 2.1 rom and using it to help determine the origin of your problem. Just use an official rom for a while to make sure the problem isn't somewhere else, then slowly work back up to the rom you want.

Thanks. I was thinking about same option. Will do the same.

Guest James Kei

twrock,

Your kernel 691mHz overclock boot image, can it be modified to 728mhz ? I tried CM7 ROM, which it has option of selection to change OC to 728 or 748mHz, I found it stable for my U8220 run at 729mHz, but CM7 slow my U8220 down and less free RAM ~35mb.

I want to run CM6 ROM, which more free RAM and faster even 691mHz, I want more faster with CM6 with OC 728mHz CPU.

thanks

James

Guest twrock
twrock,

Your kernel 691mHz overclock boot image, can it be modified to 728mhz ? I tried CM7 ROM, which it has option of selection to change OC to 728 or 748mHz, I found it stable for my U8220 run at 729mHz, but CM7 slow my U8220 down and less free RAM ~35mb.

I want to run CM6 ROM, which more free RAM and faster even 691mHz, I want more faster with CM6 with OC 728mHz CPU.

thanks

James

I can't do that, but you can. Just find the boot.img you want, and flash that. Of course, do a backup first.

Guest James Kei
replace boot.img with Antonio's 710Mhz kernel

it is stable on my phone

710mhz still just slow for Angry birds.

I want 729mHz boot.img, the boot.img from CM7 is 748mHz(unstable) where CM7 Can change it from setting, but CM6 can not.

Edited by James Kei

Guest Casterina
710mhz still just slow for Angry birds.

I want 729mHz boot.img, the boot.img from CM7 is 748mHz(unstable) where CM7 Can change it from setting, but CM6 can not.

angry birdss is pretty stable on cm7.