[GONE] Tutorials and known problems

Guest ErnstJanF

Guest ErnstJanF
post a link for the 2D/3D drivers please :D

and i just copy the file onto the root of mystorage and it should work??

omg.. scroll up

yes

Guest shaysus

does anybody got their cam working on the b7610?

Last night i installed something from market, after that on startup android logo shows and underneath that it says: We're sorry.. And then some chinees text which i cant read:P

anybody had the same problem?

Guest harsheen
omg.. scroll up

yes

dude the first part works for running haret.exe from inside the o2beta folder.. it shows all that crap and then even shows kernel panic rebooting in 30 seconds

now when i copy he rest of the files and try running haret.exe from my storage it reaches a certain point and freezes???....

and also i cant delete the partitions from my sd card.. i have an 8 gig one and now it only shows 6.40 gig??? :/

please help :D

Guest prophet_in

thank you all today i am posting from my android phone the only problem is i cant send sms

pls help

NOTE : SOLVED BY JuST RESTARTING

Edited by prophet_in

Guest ErnstJanF
dude the first part works for running haret.exe from inside the o2beta folder.. it shows all that crap and then even shows kernel panic rebooting in 30 seconds

now when i copy he rest of the files and try running haret.exe from my storage it reaches a certain point and freezes???....

and also i cant delete the partitions from my sd card.. i have an 8 gig one and now it only shows 6.40 gig??? :/

please help :D

As I said, use the 2D/3D drivers some posts above this one.

Guest centodue
does anybody got their cam working on the b7610?

Last night i installed something from market, after that on startup android logo shows and underneath that it says: We're sorry.. And then some chinees text which i cant read:P

anybody had the same problem?

Hi,

about CAM at the moment it must be developed...no drivers present.

For the second issue probabily you have the next indication:

"Dumpstate.sys log is detected. Use *#9900# to copy the log file. Please report problem with log to R&D."

(in chinese and in english)

Android created automatically a log file (.sys) to give indication of some abnormal freeze of the system.

So you have this file in a folder and you need to remove it to have just only "Android" logo and not "pop-up" in chinese/english.

The problem is that "dumpstate_sys.log" file is in a HIDDEN folder so You must do so:

- restart B7610 in windows mobile

- set USB connection to storage choosing "my storage"

- connect to a PC with linux/ubuntu and browse to find the next:

"/data/log/" and delete the file "dumpstate_sys.log"

In the next restart of Android you will have just only "Android" logo

bye

Giorgio

Edited by centodue

Guest shaysus

Thankx for your reply!

Will give that a try.. Do you know anything about the chinees signs i see. For instance when i'm in browser and i use the touchscreen keyboard, when it's on t9 input, it shows chinees words :D

Curious about that, but i guess is has something to do with the development..

Guest tjeerdos
Thankx for your reply!

Will give that a try.. Do you know anything about the chinees signs i see. For instance when i'm in browser and i use the touchscreen keyboard, when it's on t9 input, it shows chinees words :D

that´s because this android is original a Chinese one. you can always download another keyboard with the t9 from your language.

for me personal slide it is a good one.

greets tjeerdos

Guest centodue
Thankx for your reply!

Are you using Samsung keyboard or Android keyboard?

You must configure touchscreen keyboard in "Android method" so that

Choose Menu --> Settings --> Language & keyboard settings --> remove selection by "Samsung IME" and use "Android keyboard"

In general I don't use t9 or autofill because using keyboard it is already fast to digit ;-)

Bye

Giorgio

Guest jappoman

hey guys ! :D in this time new update comes out about this project on O2 ... can you update this guide with new info please ? B)

Guest ErnstJanF
hey guys ! :D in this time new update comes out about this project on O2 ... can you update this guide with new info please ? B)

Look for the new topic ;)

Guest PankajM

Hello everyone! I was waiting for long for Android to be developed for B7610 and finally I found the thread. I am very happy for all who have been able to get it working on their phones.

Unfortunately i could not succeed in getting this work on my phone due to some strange reason which i am trying to solve for past three days. I have tried to install by following each and every step mentioned in guide and the output during installation is very much as expected.

The strange problem i was mentioning is that, when i reboot WinMo it blanks the ext2 partition (or at least it looks to be blank on WinMo). To exactly figure it out, i installed Ubuntu on my desktop and partitioned SD card (1st FAT32 & 2nd Linux 0x83) and formatted Linux partition as ext2. And it was showing fine on fdisk/parted. I manually did untar of ext3.tar.gz but as soon as i unplugged it from Linux, WinMo did something and it looked empty in file manager. When i reconnected to Linux Desktop, the partition was empty.

I believe same thing is happening as when i run HaRET from MyStorage root folder, text scrolls until i get Kernal panic - "no init". Which means there is no file on the ext2 partition after reboot.

I am dying to see Android run on my phone. Please help to fix this strange problem.

Thanks a lot in advance... :)

--Pankaj

[Edit] My PDA version: B7610DDIJ3, Windows version: 6.1 Professional.

Edited by PankajM

Guest ErnstJanF
Hello everyone! I was waiting for long for Android to be developed for B7610 and finally I found the thread. I am very happy for all who have been able to get it working on their phones.

Unfortunately i could not succeed in getting this work on my phone due to some strange reason which i am trying to solve for past three days. I have tried to install by following each and every step mentioned in guide and the output during installation is very much as expected.

The strange problem i was mentioning is that, when i reboot WinMo it blanks the ext2 partition (or at least it looks to be blank on WinMo). To exactly figure it out, i installed Ubuntu on my desktop and partitioned SD card (1st FAT32 & 2nd Linux 0x83) and formatted Linux partition as ext2. And it was showing fine on fdisk/parted. I manually did untar of ext3.tar.gz but as soon as i unplugged it from Linux, WinMo did something and it looked empty in file manager. When i reconnected to Linux Desktop, the partition was empty.

I believe same thing is happening as when i run HaRET from MyStorage root folder, text scrolls until i get Kernal panic - "no init". Which means there is no file on the ext2 partition after reboot.

I am dying to see Android run on my phone. Please help to fix this strange problem.

Thanks a lot in advance... :D

--Pankaj

About the 'disapearing files': I think winmo did a format. Either that or you transferred through some kind of 'cache/buffer' which did not copy the files to the phone.

If I were you, i'd remove all the partitions on the SD-card, format the SD-card from winmo (It's possible you need to format it into FAT32 first) and run the installer as described in my tutorial. No ubuntu is needed at all..

Guest PankajM
About the 'disapearing files': I think winmo did a format. Either that or you transferred through some kind of 'cache/buffer' which did not copy the files to the phone.

If I were you, i'd remove all the partitions on the SD-card, format the SD-card from winmo (It's possible you need to format it into FAT32 first) and run the installer as described in my tutorial. No ubuntu is needed at all..

Thanks ErnstJanF for your reply. I followed the instructions point by point, ie. i did format using Samsung Settings -> Memory Settings -> Storage Card -> Format and ran the installer. I tried the ubuntu thing only to double confirm that WinMo is erasing the files on the particular partition.

I also formatted the SD card after connecting to PC as described in some other tutorial, but same result. As soon as the USB is removed, something is done to the ext2 partition :D [in MiniTool partition wizard it is shown as 'other' after connecting back to PC]... You see, i am trying all options. Need guidance from you experts.

I am attaching the log.txt file which is generated by the installer in root of MyStorage, may give some clue.

Please please please help!!!

log.txt

Guest ErnstJanF
Thanks ErnstJanF for your reply. I followed the instructions point by point, ie. i did format using Samsung Settings -> Memory Settings -> Storage Card -> Format and ran the installer. I tried the ubuntu thing only to double confirm that WinMo is erasing the files on the particular partition.

I also formatted the SD card after connecting to PC as described in some other tutorial, but same result. As soon as the USB is removed, something is done to the ext2 partition B) [in MiniTool partition wizard it is shown as 'other' after connecting back to PC]... You see, i am trying all options. Need guidance from you experts.

I am attaching the log.txt file which is generated by the installer in root of MyStorage, may give some clue.

Please please please help!!!

Make sure you delete ALL the partitions. Use DISKPART (command line tool) to accomplish this.

I could give you a hand on doing that if you'd like, or you can find it out yourself using the HELP commands of diskpart :D

Guest harsheen

Thanks a lot in advance... :D

--Pankaj

i have the exact same problem...

i think it may be windows mobile 6.1 doing this cause all the people who have android working on their b7610`s are running 6.5 :/ :/

if you manage to get yours working please let me know how you did it... thanks B)

Guest ErnstJanF
i have the exact same problem...

i think it may be windows mobile 6.1 doing this cause all the people who have android working on their b7610`s are running 6.5 :/ :/

if you manage to get yours working please let me know how you did it... thanks :D

Could be, I haven't used 6.1 in a looooong time.. B)

Guest PankajM
Could be, I haven't used 6.1 in a looooong time.. ;)

Thats a good observation harsheen... I've tried to switch to 6.5 thrice but can't stand it!!! I like 6.1 soo much! But now i think i'll flash to JC2 and try again.

And ErnstJanF, i forgot to mention that i've tried diskpart also (you have taken so much pain to make such a useful tutorial, how could i be so fool by not making use of it)... Thanks again, i'll flash to 6.5.3 and get back as soon as i can manage some time and downtime on my mobile B)

<!--- WinMo 6.5... i have to embrace you only i love Android more :D --->

Guest matriX1218

Its a problem of WM6.1 only..

You have to flash full JC2/3 ROM i.e. WM6.5.X with latest Phone.bin file as it contains Hardware Support Lib files.

I had the same problem on JC2 ROM also but after flashing Phone.bin the problem gone forever.

Edited by matriX1218

Guest PankajM
Its a problem of WM6.1 only..

You have to flash full JC2/3 ROM i.e. WM6.5.X with latest Phone.bin file as it contains Hardware Support Lib files.

I had the same problem on JC2 ROM also but after flashing Phone.bin the problem gone forever.

You are right. Thanks harsheen for the witty comment :D I flashed with JE2 and voila!!! The issue of ext2 partitioning is over. Now Android is installed. I have some teething issues though (freezing, no signal etc.) but with the huge knowledge base available here, i'm sure soon i'll be able to get it working fully.

Will update drivers now and time for more brainstorming............. Thanks all, i'll soon need your help again B)

Guest harsheen
You are right. Thanks harsheen for the witty comment :D I flashed with JE2 and voila!!! The issue of ext2 partitioning is over. Now Android is installed. I have some teething issues though (freezing, no signal etc.) but with the huge knowledge base available here, i'm sure soon i'll be able to get it working fully.

Will update drivers now and time for more brainstorming............. Thanks all, i'll soon need your help again B)

uhm.. . i dont know how to change to 6.5 :/

is there a tutorial ???????

im sort of new to all this :D ;)

Guest PankajM
uhm.. . i dont know how to change to 6.5 :/

is there a tutorial ???????

im sort of new to all this ;) :D

There are lot of tutorials on flashing. All you need is to download the ROM file (.nb0 file), for flashing i use OCTANS_Mini.v2.11.exe (very handy and hassle free), also driver Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.zip (must along with active sync installed on PC). You need to backup your data, all gets wiped off with flashing, for that i use PPCPimBackup.

Read here: http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...lection-thread/

All the best... B)

Guest harsheen
There are lot of tutorials on flashing. All you need is to download the ROM file (.nb0 file), for flashing i use OCTANS_Mini.v2.11.exe (very handy and hassle free), also driver Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.zip (must along with active sync installed on PC). You need to backup your data, all gets wiped off with flashing, for that i use PPCPimBackup.

Read here: http://www.modaco.com/content/b7610-omnia-...lection-thread/

All the best... :D

just got off the phone with the guys at Samsung ... they said they can do it for me ...

ill let them do it ://.. its safer that way B)

now im gonna miss bye phone for 2 days :( <_<

oh try this when deleting partitions of your SD card.... ;)

IN command prompt AS Administrator ;

1. Diskpart

2. List Disk

3. Select Disk # (# is the number of your sd card)

4. clean

5. create partition primary

6. active

7. format fs=fat32 quick

8. assign

MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE RIGHT DISK. A FRIEND OF MINE CLEANED OUT ONE OF HIS HARD DRIVES BY MISTAKE :/ :D

hope that helps :D :(

Guest PankajM
just got off the phone with the guys at Samsung ... they said they can do it for me ...

ill let them do it ://.. its safer that way :)

now im gonna miss bye phone for 2 days :( :(

oh try this when deleting partitions of your SD card.... :)

IN command prompt AS Administrator ;

1. Diskpart

2. List Disk

3. Select Disk # (# is the number of your sd card)

4. clean

5. create partition primary

6. active

7. format fs=fat32 quick

8. assign

MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE RIGHT DISK. A FRIEND OF MINE CLEANED OUT ONE OF HIS HARD DRIVES BY MISTAKE :/ :)

hope that helps :P ;)

Thanks again harsheen, i have already installed Android and its working with 2D3D drivers, 3G, keyboard. Hogging battery badly though. I am trying it sometimes when nearby charger ;-)

Hope you got your phone back loaded with 6.5, now start experimentation...

Guest harsheen
Thanks again harsheen, i have already installed Android and its working with 2D3D drivers, 3G, keyboard. Hogging battery badly though. I am trying it sometimes when nearby charger ;-)

Hope you got your phone back loaded with 6.5, now start experimentation...

.. havent given it in yet.. im still looking for my old nokia n97 :/ cant find it :/

hey i was wondering ... why isnt there whatsapp for windows mobile?? its even available for symbian now isnt it???