09/Feb r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest SeiferTV

Just a little question here.

I have r8 on my vega working just fine, but I was wondering if there's a way to make the status bar big, as it was before the update.

Thanks!

Guest Rishi Shah

Anybody know how to change the wifi sleep policy on this rom? I want the wifi to stay on even when the screen has been off fot a few mins

Guest beegee1962
Anybody know how to change the wifi sleep policy on this rom? I want the wifi to stay on even when the screen has been off fot a few mins

Not possible on MoDaCo ROM. But CorvusVega ROM has it.

Guest xathras

There are workarounds to do this on the Vega. For example, you could use the app Caffeine to prevent the the Vega from going to sleep and switching off wifi, and the app Backlight (or other similar) to toggle the screen on and off. Both apps are available on the Android Market.

Guest shoban
Incidentally, the Performance Pack is now integrated into the core of the ROM and will be available also in all prebakes.

P

Hello Paul

Rom r8 works perfect and massive improvement on the way it ships, I bought the vega 3 days ago and cant believe how basic it shipped!

Anyhoo I have loaded r8 fine like I say but the accelerometer doesnt seem to work, tried raging thunder and its all over the place it just drives in circles, only seems to work if I turn the vega upside down with camera to bottom, I have the gsensor game box checked, compatability etc but I still cant fix it...

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Steve

Guest blueladd

Currently running the Prebaked version of this, just wondering how long it should take, its been stuck on Creating Symlinks... for around 10mins, is this normal. Sorry I`m new to this.

Guest Colin_Case

To install this ROM
(without using ClockworkMod recovery):

[*]
Ensure you have USB debugging enabled on your device (enabled in Settings->Applications->Development)

[*]
If you are using Windows, your USB 'Android Developer Bridge' driver MUST be the one included in this download (use 'Have Disk' functionality in device manager to change if required)

The USB Driver won't replace the original on my PC. It is Win7 x64 AMD

The error message says that it must be a x64-bit driver.

Guest Paris2011
Hello Paul

Rom r8 works perfect and massive improvement on the way it ships, I bought the vega 3 days ago and cant believe how basic it shipped!

Anyhoo I have loaded r8 fine like I say but the accelerometer doesnt seem to work, tried raging thunder and its all over the place it just drives in circles, only seems to work if I turn the vega upside down with camera to bottom, I have the gsensor game box checked, compatability etc but I still cant fix it...

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Steve

Hi...after i put on r8 i also added this fix straight after through cwm (make sure gsensor box is unticked beforehand) and it works on majority of games...hope it helps!!

http://www.sorensiim.dk/higgsy/Vega/Vega_A...rometer_Fix.zip

Edited by Paris2011

Guest Cozza

I have a problem and I'm sorry this is in the wrong place its my first post so be kind :)

I want to upgrade to Pauls Rom but when I check my Kernel version number it says its a v1.10, BUT when I go to myadventvega the latest version there is 1.09

am I to assume that I can go straight to installing the new R8 rom and not installing what appears to be an older version.

Sorry to appear a wally :)

Edited by Cozza

Guest simonta
I have a problem and I'm sorry this is in the wrong place its my first post so be kind :)

I want to upgrade to Pauls Rom but when I ceck my Kernel version number it says its a v1.10, BUT when I go to myadventvega the latest version there is 1.09

am I to assume that I can go straight to installing the new R8 rom and not installing what appears to be an older version.

Sorry to appear a wally :)

Welcome!

It's a Vega? Not PoV Mobii or other clone? When did you get it? First news of 1.10 on a Vega!!!

To answer your question, putting R8 on will take you back to 1.09 but, I'd wager that 1.09+R8 > 1.10.

If you have 1.10, then there will be an update on MyAdventVega soon. You can always go back (or forward if you see what I mean) when the update is released.

Cheers

Guest Cozza

I have had the vega a couple of weeks now but Ive not had the time to have much of a play, the reason I want to upgrade to Pauls rom is not only to get all the goodies but also to get the Market work arround. Ive not seen any mention of version 1.10, maybee I'm the first but I wander what has been changed and why has it not been updated on MYADVENTVEGA website?

Guest Cozza
Mine had 1.10 when i bought it, just loaded r8 on top. There was a discussion last week about v1.10.

Hi Ace I ran a search before posting on V1.10 but came back with no post found, I would like to read it if you can point me in the right direction.

How are you finding your Vega now with R8 on it, did you upgrade to get Marrket or was it for other reasons?

Thanks for your reply :)

Guest ace_dynamo
Hi Ace I ran a search before posting on V1.10 but came back with no post found, I would like to read it if you can point me in the right direction.

How are you finding your Vega now with R8 on it, did you upgrade to get Marrket or was it for other reasons?

Thanks for your reply :)

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...-firmware-1-10/

I put r8 on to get access to market and official apps. I didn't really test the 1.10 rom, originally i thought r8 was an add-on not a full rom, but i'm not complaining!

Guest zedmeister

Is there going to be a new release (r9?) based on the 1.10 official release? Please remember the left handed option if you can! Thanks :)

Guest wolfeh

Please help me i have done all the instructions got to the last bit and all i am getting in the command box is this

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037*

*daemon started successfully*

and it hasnt changed in the last 10 minutes have i done something wrong or is this normal ? please help getting so frustrated :) Any one please???? i ahve tried to restart the system and nothing happened and its just sitting there on while that daemon things just says started still :)

Edited by wolfeh

Guest simonta

No need to ask the same question twice, won't fix it twice as quick :)

On the upgrade thread, I asked if you checked that the drivers are installed correctly. Do you see Android ADB Interface in "Android Phone" in device manager? Which OS are you using?

Try this from the command prompt in the folder where you are running install-windows.bat:

adb kill-server

adb kill-server (yes, twice)

adb start-server

Then right click install-windows.bat and select "Run as administrator"

Guest wolfeh
No need to ask the same question twice, won't fix it twice as quick :)

On the upgrade thread, I asked if you checked that the drivers are installed correctly. Do you see Android ADB Interface in "Android Phone" in device manager? Which OS are you using?

Try this from the command prompt in the folder where you are running install-windows.bat:

adb kill-server

adb kill-server (yes, twice)

adb start-server

Then right click install-windows.bat and select "Run as administrator"

no i dont see android ADB interface i dont see android phone even im running win7 all i get when i plug it in is under 'other devices' it sasy APX with a yerllow question mark, im sorry im really getting anoyed at this machine trying to figure it out didnt mean to ask twice :/ i i dont get what you mean by try this in the command promt in the folder where i am running install-windows.bat as when i try to run the windows-install.bat it dosent let me type in the command box :)

also i tried right clicking the windows bat file and the command box popped up for a few seconds loads of white script ran down and then the cmd box disapeared again

Edited by wolfeh

Guest simonta
no i dont see android ADB interface i dont see android phone even im running win7 all i get when i plug it in is under 'other devices' it sasy APX with a yerllow question mark, im sorry im really getting anoyed at this machine trying to figure it out didnt mean to ask twice :/ i i dont get what you mean by try this in the command promt in the folder where i am running install-windows.bat as when i try to run the windows-install.bat it dosent let me type in the command box :)

also i tried right clicking the windows bat file and the command box popped up for a few seconds loads of white script ran down and then the cmd box disapeared again

Try this:

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...-driver-guides/

Guest Cozza

I now understand that V1.10 takes care of a few other issues, is it worth waitng for Paul to do a new ROM based on the latest version so that I can benifit from the stock updates, and then added to that Pauls touch of magic.

Or will Paul not be doing an update based on V1.10?, thanks for all the feedback.

Guest EddyCJ

Erm, please help? Im using a mac, followed all the instructions, i drop install-mac.sh into terminal, and it say ./adb-mac: No such file or directory. Any ideas?

Guest SeiferTV

Well, I feel kind of lame now, but I've searched the forums with no success.

I'm running Paul's R8. rom. I tried rebooting into recoverty, but it get's stuck in the android-wit-arrow-and-box logo.

I tried the regular way ( I could get into recovery this way before, I used it to upgrade to vega 1.10 ) and It seems to enter recovery and exit very fast ( windows sounds indicate this ) or just boots normally.

Have installed clockwork recovery using Vegatools, and still, no cigar. Stuck on the logo.

So, basically, I'm stuck with no recovery :)

Any ideas?

Guest simonta
Well, I feel kind of lame now, but I've searched the forums with no success.

I'm running Paul's R8. rom. I tried rebooting into recoverty, but it get's stuck in the android-wit-arrow-and-box logo.

I tried the regular way ( I could get into recovery this way before, I used it to upgrade to vega 1.10 ) and It seems to enter recovery and exit very fast ( windows sounds indicate this ) or just boots normally.

Have installed clockwork recovery using Vegatools, and still, no cigar. Stuck on the logo.

So, basically, I'm stuck with no recovery :)

Any ideas?

Confusingly, there are 2 recoveries on the Vega - the "stock recovery", which can only be entered with back-power-back with 2 seconds each and CWM which can only currently be entered with an app from the Vega.

To get into stock recovery (so that you can flash again) sometimes needs patience and a few attempts. Note also that if you see the backlight, it's too late. Power off and try again. You will see NOTHING on the Vega when it's in recovery.