[Themes]Unified Theme Thread

Guest Frankish

Guest stylezuk
Hey guys sorry to inform you but this work is now officially discontinued. I've had fun doing this for so long now and appreciate all the support.

My Blade is going to my brother and I'm moving on to pastures new.

thx for themes and wish you best of luck with new pastures, what device?

Worked out my problem is win7/64 when get a chance to get disks from my yard, i'll virtualize xp pro.

Guest alextzef

Hallo,i have two questions:

1.Do all these themes work with SS rls4b?

2.in case something goes wrong or i just get bored after a while how do i get back to the original theme?Is there a link to read the way to do it?

Thanks in advance

Edited by alextzef

Guest CRIS.F.7
Hallo,i have two questions:

1.Do all these themes work with SS rls4b?

2.in case something goes wrong or i just get bored after a while how do i get back to the original theme?Is there a link to read the way to do it?

Thanks in advance

If you look at the second post in this thread there is a special download section/link for themes working with Swedish spring, i am running SS rls4b and can say all the themes run great :)

In the case of wanting your old set-up back if you don't like your new one, just simply do a full phone backup through clockwork before setting the new theme, and restore it using this backup if you don't like the theme.

Guest alextzef
If you look at the second post in this thread there is a special download section/link for themes working with Swedish spring, i am running SS rls4b and can say all the themes run great :)

In the case of wanting your old set-up back if you don't like your new one, just simply do a full phone backup through clockwork before setting the new theme, and restore it using this backup if you don't like the theme.

yes i thought so but i alredy have a backup of my original 2.1 rom!Now am using the ss rls4b rom so if i make a backup now,will i lose the 2.1 backup?Can i have 2 backups one for 2.1 and one for 2.2 ss rls4b?Generally speaking can i have more than 1 backup of the same or different roms?

Edited by alextzef

Guest CRIS.F.7
yes i thought so but i alredy have a backup of my original 2.1 rom!Now am using the ss rls4b rom so if i make a backup now,will i lose the 2.1 backup?Can i have 2 backups one for 2.1 and one for 2.2 ss rls4b?Generally speaking can i have more than 1 backup of the same or different roms?

Yes, clock work will make an entirely new back up, still keeping the old one, it gives it an appropriate name including a helpful date.

Generally once you make more than two backups its better if you transfer them onto your computer and store backups there.

Guest Frankish

There are original rom zips for each rom at the download links guys! That's how to revert my changes. No nandroid restoring etc that's wasting your time :)

Also find attached the Desire Sense for SweSpring for those struggling to download it. :)

DesireSense_SS.zip

Guest TheManicGibbon

Hey Frankish, I'd really quite like to improve on my themes and make some of my own from scratch, I've read your tutorial and I think I can do all the stuff with replacing images, battery mods and editing xml files, but is there any kind of tutorial on changing things in Services.jar? I don't have a clue where to start with this, and a few people have asked me about notification widgets in my themes, which you've told me involve modifying Services.jar?

I understand you're leaving :) but any help would be really really appreciated.

Cheers

Guest Frankish
Hey Frankish, I'd really quite like to improve on my themes and make some of my own from scratch, I've read your tutorial and I think I can do all the stuff with replacing images, battery mods and editing xml files, but is there any kind of tutorial on changing things in Services.jar? I don't have a clue where to start with this, and a few people have asked me about notification widgets in my themes, which you've told me involve modifying Services.jar?

I understand you're leaving :) but any help would be really really appreciated.

Cheers

The notification widget i'm still waiting on 0x90 to release how he did he. He promised to write it up. Section 2 of my theme guide explains how to enable transparent notification background and changing services.jar clock colour. That's about all i ever needed for services.jar :)

Guest TheManicGibbon
The notification widget i'm still waiting on 0x90 to release how he did he. He promised to write it up. Section 2 of my theme guide explains how to enable transparent notification background and changing services.jar clock colour. That's about all i ever needed for services.jar :)

Ah, I didn't see that :). Thanks, thats great :)

Sorry, just out of curiosity, are you leaving the forums, or sticking around for a bit? :P Sorry for being nosey, just you've been really helpful to me (and many others) and I was wondering if you'd still be around

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest Frankish
Ah, I didn't see that :). Thanks, thats great :)

Sorry, just out of curiosity, are you leaving the forums, or sticking around for a bit? :) Sorry for being nosey, just you've been really helpful to me (and many others) and I was wondering if you'd still be around

I'll probably still nosey around for a while maybe a few weeks still yet.

Guest CRIS.F.7
There are original rom zips for each rom at the download links guys! That's how to revert my changes. No nandroid restoring etc that's wasting your time :)

Also find attached the Desire Sense for SweSpring for those struggling to download it. :)

Aw, thanks so much for that, love this theme so much, bit of a classy stock lover lol. Again thanks for all your help and work.

Tell us what phone you decide on in the end eh? :) Personally I would avoid HTC, simply because there coming out with a better phone every 2 months or so nowadays. As soon as you think your happy with yours, they release a nicer one!, kinda like apple on speed lol

Edited by CRIS.F.7

Guest Frankish
Aw, thanks so much for that, love this theme so much, bit of a classy stock lover lol. Again thanks for all your help and work.

Tell us what phone you decide on in the end eh? :) Personally I would avoid HTC, simply because there coming out with a better phone every 2 months or so nowadays. As soon as you think your happy with yours, they release a nicer one!, kinda like apple on speed lol

I've not gone for a big upgrade. I bought this one until my upgrade in February. Motorola Defy...

I know it's a strange choice due to locked bootloader however it has many good sides...

800mhz overclockable as far as 1.2ghz.

Flash 10 works.

Slightly larger screen.

Better camera with a FLASH.

Early work on CM7 has started and it's moving quickly. Just needs RIL fixing (just like the Blade lol)

HTC Desire HD rom available for it also.

Also better build quality :)

Guest dekocast

I have used FLB-Froyo G2 r11 with Frankish's Gingerbread Circle Mod theme for some time.

I also use HMZX's iPhone theme, so the notification power widget is very important for me.

Today, I habe changed to Swedish Spring RLS4b again with Frankish's Gingerbread Circle Mod theme and now I am missing the notification power widget.

What is the reason for this? The different custom ROM or the different version of Frankish's Gingerbread Circle Mod theme?

Is there any chance to get back the notification power widget without installing additional apps like Widgetsoid?

dekocast

Guest CRIS.F.7
I've not gone for a big upgrade. I bought this one until my upgrade in February. Motorola Defy...

I know it's a strange choice due to locked bootloader however it has many good sides...

800mhz overclockable as far as 1.2ghz.

Flash 10 works.

Slightly larger screen.

Better camera with a FLASH.

Early work on CM7 has started and it's moving quickly. Just needs RIL fixing (just like the Blade lol)

HTC Desire HD rom available for it also.

Also better build quality :)

Ooo, nice choice, got that nice bigger but not too big screen :) though I would get rid of that awful Moto Blur pronto lol.

Yeah one of the things the blade lacks is the special smart phone quality feel, the two things i'd be looking for in an upgrade would be long term flash support and build quality.

And locking the bootloader is stupid (moto is now infamous for this), just makes smart hackers and coders more determined to mess with the thing lol

Guest pavlo1c

Please help set the theme here and the phone died, ie in a cyclic loading (label android constantly).

may be due to the fact that I put the swap 64 MB?

p.s. really, if you do swap 64MB adroid then refuses to boot, and if 0, then everything is OK.

Edited by pavlo1c

Guest Frankish

The current list/update of themes has actually racked up 6336 downloads...not including previous updates etc so that figure will be a LOT higher. I'm impressed. But not as impressed as seeing OrangeUK posting apps on the market using either a Gingerbread rom with a similar battery to the ones i've used or one of MY themes here! :mellow:

Thanks for showing me this StevenHarper :o

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.e...ange.yourorange

Edited by Frankish

Guest Frankish

Forgot to add on Swedish Spring theme downloads. Total number since i last updated all themes is 12607 downloads!

I had no idea they were so popular!

Guest nabby21
Forgot to add on Swedish Spring theme downloads. Total number since i last updated all themes is 12607 downloads!

Hey Ive just recently rooted and installed custom rom FLB10a/b, but when I try and install gingerbread9 i think it is, I get an error message saying has been aborted, can anyone help me with this?

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Download the file again ands try again, could be corrupted. Make sure its the flb onee

Guest TheManicGibbon

If the file is called gbthemepack-flb-froyo-r9a.zip, then that's a theme made by Flibblesan (the author of the ROM, and not Frankish. Did you get it from this thread?

Could try a different theme and see if that works :mellow:

Guest nabby21

Arggh, total noob sorry, please help though.

Yes the manic gibbon, thats the file i tried, i loaded it up from clockwork and got an aborted message, whats going wrong?

Also I dont know what Ive done, but when I press and hold volume down button on power up, the green android thing just fades and reappears..its not going into clockwork anymore