Stock OC kernel V2 (for Acer based rom)

Guest rithchen

After one day of use, I can confirm a much better battery life with this new kernel comparing it to the old one.

960MHz wasn't stable for me, but 921MHz is.

Everything works very good so far.

EDIT

----------------------

Kernel: new lcr oc kernel

ROM: LCR 2.0

Edited by o2mike

Guest hkstacker

Last night my phone started rebooting on its own, while ideling. I had it clocked at 998 and it ran all day perfectly fine.

I have since had to down clock it to 960, to eliminate the random reboots.

it's perfect of usage, stock a2sd works fine

however, my old a2sd was not working (if put data to SD, boot loop will happen)

Although reformat the SD in malz recovery

device: LiquidE

rom: LCR 2.0 with new fix with MT

Guest KingsizeX

New One NOT WORKING on T&L.

Old One @883 was WORKING GREAT on T&L.

I have tried the new one posted by "fear_factory84" at T&L Thread and get a BootLoop.

I had to get back to old one to be able to boot again.

Any solutions?

EDIT:

I flashed the NEW ONE with MT FIX (downloaded on this thread) on T&L and now it WORKS.

Isn't it strange that the T&L version posted on T&L Thread is not working? Am I missing something?

Maybe "fear_factory84" can explain what's wrong.

Thanks all for all the good work!

Edited by KingsizeX

Guest fear_factory84
New One NOT WORKING on T&L.

Old One @883 was WORKING GREAT on T&L.

I have tried the new one posted by "fear_factory84" at T&L Thread and get a BootLoop.

I had to get back to old one to be able to boot again.

Any solutions?

EDIT:

I flashed the NEW ONE with MT FIX (downloaded on this thread) on T&L and now it WORKS.

Isn't it strange that the T&L version posted on T&L Thread is not working? Am I missing something?

Maybe "fear_factory84" can explain what's wrong.

Thanks all for all the good work!

I only used t&l app2sd ramdisk.. please check on your sd card if you have some files called apanic_*.gz and send them so we can debug why it bootloops..

Guest SerialBlack

Im just new to this site...and androids in general, but I knew that I didnt want to have the stock rogers look, feel and speed. With all the info I have found on here, and all the hard work from the devs, now I have a wicked looking acer liquid E running smoothly with the 998 on LCR-2.0. Thankyou to all the Devs for making this possible, and keep up the good work.

P.S. EXT 2 works fine, apps2sd works fine...and with this new kernel things are running more smoothly then ever, and there isnt that bad of a battery drain for me, but then again, my phone before this was the LG Rumour (original)...kind of a big change for me....lol :huh:

After several days of testing I have to say, that battery life on this kernel is better than ever (even better than on stock cpu frequency).

Thanks a lot for this great kernel!

Guest zebbe77

Hi all, just flashed it over the latest bin from acer (4.008.08) and it works great. (Btw I flashed the one without MT fix) Thanks :huh:

Guest stef07

If I want revert to original kernel without restore all the nandroid can I take from the folder only the original boot.img and push it to my phone?

Is it something as (in fastboot) "fastboot flash boot boot.img" ?

TY

Guest HustlinDaily
Hi all, just flashed it over the latest bin from acer (4.008.08) and it works great. (Btw I flashed the one without MT fix) Thanks :huh:

Weird, it didn't work for me (using same bin with fear_factorys ROM).

Guest zebbe77
Weird, it didn't work for me (using same bin with fear_factorys ROM).

I don´t know, I flashed it over stock 4.008.08 no custom ROM. Now I´m back on 4.002.14 (stock) and it works fine here to :huh:

Guest am5a03

Great job!

but I think the kernel is draining battery quite fast still. It drained about 4% for 8 hours, I hope it will have a better battery drainage in the next couples of updates :huh:

Guest mmick
Great job!

but I think the kernel is draining battery quite fast still. It drained about 4% for 8 hours, I hope it will have a better battery drainage in the next couples of updates :huh:

I have a stock 4.002.04 and my phone drains around 4-6% in 8 hours, on standby while I sleep, with 3G/WIFI/BT/Internet turned off (= only 2G for calls/sms turned on). So I guess that draining is pretty decent!

Guest am5a03
I have a stock 4.002.04 and my phone drains around 4-6% in 8 hours, on standby while I sleep, with 3G/WIFI/BT/Internet turned off (= only 2G for calls/sms turned on). So I guess that draining is pretty decent!

Ha, that's interesting! :(

When I use the stock kernel + LCRF 1.1.2, it drains me for about 2% of battery overnight, it can even without a drop of battery if I turned it to airplane mode.

Guest JF-Gino ld

Quick Question, Is it normal that when I OC my framerates in games become laggy? - cause thats whats happening when I raise the clock over default.

Also, apps start to disappear - weird...

Overall tho its an improvement.

This kernel is giving me better battery life and further my phone is running smoother than stock kernel (as long as I dont overclock).

Guest rithchen
Quick Question, Is it normal that when I OC my framerates in games become laggy? - cause thats whats happening when I raise the clock over default.

Also, apps start to disappear - weird...

Overall tho its an improvement.

This kernel is giving me better battery life and further my phone is running smoother than stock kernel (as long as I dont overclock).

It could be:

1. your device cannot run that frequency stable.

2. The App run out your memory.

Guest shahru98

hi all

im using lcr-f 2.0,

after installing the kernel,

i wonder why, it seems like it persistently created swapfile on my sd?

tried to delete it, but it keeps on coming back.

i found out that it slows down my phone, and apparently overclocking didnt help.

any idea? i tried liquid setting to turn off compcache, but it gave me error.

Edited by shahru98