[ROM] [froyo] Swedish Spring RLS5 [2011-04-19] [OLED+TFT] [Gen1][Gen2]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Magnets
Is there a was to get into the gps settings or can anyone post the gps settings like supl server and so on ?

Search this thread for "gps" or "agps". Someone posted a modified gps.conf with SUPL enabled.

Basically you edit /system/etc/gps.conf

Edited by Magnets

Guest JT_daniel

@german_psycho, thanks for the reply. I'll try it out. And could you tell me which version are you running? The plain RL5 or the one with the AOSP dialer with Facebook compatible contacts?

And Kallt_kaffe, I'd like to Thank you for this amazing rom. Thank you for taking the time out to develop stuff like this, which is so helpful to us! A million thanks mate!

Edited by JT_daniel

Guest k0zmic
I have PowerAMP with the highest Partial Wake usage, with 38 minutes in a 18 hour usage since unplugged. My battery's pretty ordinary, giving me around a day and a half with sporadic 3g and WiFi usage, with a lot of apps fiddling and a few calls.

Is this an issue?

Your battery life and wake usage seems fine.

Guest german_psycho
@german_psycho, thanks for the reply. I'll try it out. And could you tell me which version are you running? The plain RL5 or the one with the AOSP dialer with Facebook compatible contacts?

RLS5 with the AOSP dialer. As far as I get it, this is needed to use the FB synch:

• The aosp_contacts addon replaces Contacts.apk, ContactsProvider.apk and Mms.apk with AOSP versions. You'll loose SmartDialer, get an SMS/MMS app with little less features but you'll get the AOSP Dialer and possibility to integrate your contact list with your Facebook account.

Guest JT_daniel
Your battery life and wake usage seems fine.

Thank you, k0zmic. After poking around a bit, I found that some had this problem of the Dialer taking 99% of the partial wake battery usage.. 38 minutes in mine is minuscule compared to that. lol

RLS5 with the AOSP dialer. As far as I get it, this is needed to use the FB synch:
  • The aosp_contacts addon replaces Contacts.apk, ContactsProvider.apk and Mms.apk with AOSP versions. You'll loose SmartDialer, get an SMS/MMS app with little less features but you'll get the AOSP Dialer and possibility to integrate your contact list with your Facebook account.

Thanks mate, I'll try it out and report back.

Guest Konstaa
Thank you, k0zmic. After poking around a bit, I found that some had this problem of the Dialer taking 99% of the partial wake battery usage.. 38 minutes in mine is minuscule compared to that. lol

Thanks mate, I'll try it out and report back.

Is rls5 with AOSP dialer?

Guest JT_daniel
Is rls5 with AOSP dialer?

It comes default with SmartDialer, but if you want Facebook contacts integration, you'll need to install that addon.

German_psycho, I just used the addon and it worked like a charm! All my facebook contacts have been downloaded! :) But I liked Smart Dialer better. The AOSP dialer looks terrible. Small price to pay, I guess. :)

D'you guys think Hardware Acelerated UI should be kept on? (In Extra settings)? I just turned it off (its default on) and I feel the response is now more snappier (?!)

Edited by JT_daniel

Guest Konstaa
It comes default with SmartDialer, but if you want Facebook contacts integration, you'll need to install that addon.

German_psycho, I just used the addon and it worked like a charm! All my facebook contacts have been downloaded! :) But I liked Smart Dialer better. The AOSP dialer looks terrible. Small price to pay, I guess. :)

D'you guys think Hardware Acelerated UI should be kept on? (In Extra settings)? I just turned it off (its default on) and I feel the response is now more snappier (?!)

Agree Acelerated UI lagging things, I should wipe after installing AOSP dialer, no wipe no wine.

Battery life is excellent. Three days with average usage.

Edited by Konstaa

Guest mamboboy
WiFi works fine

No problem with wifi.

Try rebooting your routers

Still no luck for me. I have two San Frans using the same ROM and the same problem occurs with both. My iPod Touch works straight away connecting to the same router. But on the SF's it just times out (even though they connect to the router in seconds).

Really stuck with what to do next now :)

EDIT: Also thought I'd add, the router it struggles with is a bridge. I swapped the routers around to test and even though they were both different models, the internet simply won't work on whatever one is the bridge. Worked fine before BTW.

Could somebody suggest the next best alternative Rom for me please?

Edited by mamboboy

Guest Konstaa
Still no luck for me. I have two San Frans using the same ROM and the same problem occurs with both. My iPod Touch works straight away connecting to the same router. But on the SF's it just times out (even though they connect to the router in seconds).

No problems with wlan, check your security settings and if mac allowed.

Not sure but accepts only max. g-mode.

Edited by Konstaa

Guest XStyhler

I have a Problem with RLS5.

My Data Connection stopped and now I can't get any Data Connection to work.

Since I charged my Battery, the Connection is gone.

PLease help...

Guest The Scientist

PLease help...

I had a similar problem this morning. Charged phone last night and data wouldn't connect after waking phone up today. I switched to airplane mode and back again and it connected straight away. It seems fine since. Might work for you too.

Edited by The Scientist

Guest k0zmic

PLease help...

Reboot or try airplane mode as the above poster stated.

Guest Rooster#1

EDIT: Also thought I'd add, the router it struggles with is a bridge. I swapped the routers around to test and even though they were both different models, the internet simply won't work on whatever one is the bridge. Worked fine before BTW.

Could somebody suggest the next best alternative Rom for me please?

NEVER had a better ROM for wifi !!! I would suspect the router(s) config... try a single router, get that connecting reliably (keep viewing the routers setup page from your phone, as opposed to the 'net...) and take it from there.

Guest mamboboy
NEVER had a better ROM for wifi !!! I would suspect the router(s) config... try a single router, get that connecting reliably (keep viewing the routers setup page from your phone, as opposed to the 'net...) and take it from there.

I can use the internet on the other router fine. Well I say fine.. I get one bar so it's pretty damn slow.

I can't see it being anything other than the rom not working properly with bridged routers. As I've swapped my two around and the problem occurs for whichever is the bridge (different branded routers), and the ipod touch works fine with it. It's truly doing my nut in! :) It worked fine on my other SF (RIP!).

Thanks for the suggestion though guys, I'll keep looking into it.

Edited by mamboboy

Guest Rooster#1
I can use the internet on the other router fine. Well I say fine.. I get one bar so it's pretty damn slow.

I can't see it being anything other than the rom not working properly with bridged routers. As I've swapped my two around and the problem occurs for whichever is the bridge (different branded routers), and the ipod touch works fine with it. It's truly doing my nut in! :) It worked fine on my other SF (RIP!).

Thanks for the suggestion though guys, I'll keep looking into it.

Well if it works on one router... then it HAS to be your routers config... the phone doesn't know how many routers you have rigged together !!! All it sees is an access point... the rest should be invisible.

Guest Len Ash
Can someone also tell me the quadrant score, specially neocore FPS to compare it with nightly's CM7.

Cheers,

? -- it will be about the same as every other 2.2 ROM. And not a good indicator of anything useful. I think you are pi**ing up a large tree.

Guest shad0wboss
? -- it will be about the same as every other 2.2 ROM. And not a good indicator of anything useful. I think you are pi**ing up a large tree.

actually, it seemed to be quite slow, just flashed it and done quadrant/neocore...i would prefer FLB over this...quadrant is only 400 and neocore falls around 36 FPS when i was getting 40 FPS on FLB :/

Guest Len Ash
actually, it seemed to be quite slow, just flashed it and done quadrant/neocore...i would prefer FLB over this...quadrant is only 400 and neocore falls around 36 FPS when i was getting 40 FPS on FLB :/

Try with a stock ROM boot image, assuming you are Gen 2 endowed.... I find the SBK stock kernel quite gratifying.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Toldo

KK didn't say a word about any tweaking made to sound but it's a lot louder on my headphones than it was earlier. Especially on the stock music player which was quieter than any other. Anyone has similar sights?