My LG Optimus 2X root / hack / dev progress / findings braindump

Guest PaulOBrien

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest djmcnz

Stink... :D

command failure: get partition table failed (bad command)

So, are the partition names like EBT, SOS, LNX, APP, UDA or different on the P990? I can't find any of them...

Got any .bin files you need tested... :D

Anybody got an appropriate nvflash .cfg file for the P990?

Edited by djmcnz

Guest gensplejs
I've now found a way to boot from recovery from the main OS itself I think. :D

P

NVFLASH is ready to go... My o2x needs to be punished with some bin files :-)

Guest Sorensiim
Yus, as we will have the usual ClockworkMod installation method.

P

You should get some sort of kickback from 3 (Three, the network) - I'll be picking up an Optimus 2X tomorrow. The Defy is a tough little bastard, but after owning a Desire, I *really* missed the online kitchen!

Oh yeah - Your kitchens are good enough to make people switch phones. Can't wait :D

Guest ermacwins
MIUI will come I'm sure, whether it's from me or somebody else I'm not so sure about. I stopped working on MIUI once we'd got it up and running in English. But let's not go off topic on this thread yet... recovery and kernel first! :D

Hope so. The fact that its closed source will it be possible?

Guest djmcnz
Hope so. The fact that its closed source will it be possible?

Anything is possible, we need to make more progress on cracking it first. Then kernels, then stock roms, then kitchen roms and Cyanogen and MIUI... :D

There's a lot of dev support behind this phone don't worry, Moto and HTC are encrypting bl's now so watch the flock come this way.

Edited by djmcnz

ClockworkMod 3.0.1.4 Beta 1 for the Optimus 2X will be online tomorrow, it's uploading now and i'm going to do a lot more testing tonight (yes, I'm insane, I know!)

Some other goodies for you tomorrow too. :D

P

Guest gensplejs
ClockworkMod 3.0.1.4 Beta 1 for the Optimus 2X will be online tomorrow, it's uploading now and i'm going to do a lot more testing tonight (yes, I'm insane, I know!)

Some other goodies for you tomorrow too. :D

P

Testing is for pussies.... Real men brick stuff! :-)

Guest djmcnz
I agree with you.. Even more so since i can then begin test if my gingerbread build even wanna boot :D

We're two days and 1000 members apart. Nice and wow.

Guest Sorensiim

An hour and 40 minutes until the store opens... Gaaaah can't wait :D

Just tried a coworkers 2X and it's pretty big, coming from a Defy, but SO snappy! Everything just happens instantly!

Guest dagrim1

Just tried a coworkers 2X and it's pretty big, coming from a Defy, but SO snappy! Everything just happens instantly!

Hehe, think you'll get used to it pretty quickly though and it is indeed a very nice phone... Positive thing is that it's pretty thin so it fits in your pockets easily. One handed use can be a bit cumbersome, but I have pretty small hands (reaching the top left of the phone with my thumb when holidng it in my right hand is something I really have to put effort in for example).

And now with Paul's progress it only gets better :D

Guest wvdschel
Memory available is as follows:

# free

total

Mem:		381372

Wait, 372MB? What's up with that? Isn't it supposed to have 512MB?

Anyway, good work! I'm so tempted to pick one of these up right now and try and build Gingerbread for it :D

Where are you getting yours from Sorensiim?

P

Guest wvdschel
128MB are allocated to the Geforce ULV.

Cheers

Can this be configured? And is the same true for OMAP/Qualcomm SoC's? Because 128 does seems like a big chunk to me.

Guest Sorensiim
Where are you getting yours from Sorensiim?

P

The local "3" shop - You should call them and claim your referral fee or something...

It's unlocked, easily rooted and running beautifully! Can't believe how it just handles everything you throw at it, including a manic "install everything I used to have" raid on the market :D

Too bad NFS Shift isn't supported though :D

Edit: It came with the V10A rom loaded and the LG software now tells me there's a new version available. The new version *is* rootable, right?

Edited by Sorensiim

Guest Arival
The local "3" shop - You should call them and claim your referral fee or something...

It's unlocked, easily rooted and running beautifully! Can't believe how it just handles everything you throw at it, including a manic "install everything I used to have" raid on the market :D

Too bad NFS Shift isn't supported though :D

Edit: It came with the V10A rom loaded and the LG software now tells me there's a new version available. The new version *is* rootable, right?

is that Three UK? They told me they had no plans to stock the 2x:(

Edited by Arival