My LG Optimus 2X root / hack / dev progress / findings braindump

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Sorensiim
is that Three UK? They told me they had no plans to stock the 2x :D

That would be Three Denmark - You know, that little knob attached to Germany, lots of pork and taxes? :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Arival
That would be Three Denmark - You know, that little knob attached to Germany, lots of pork and taxes? :D

Ah yes, i see the flag! We need Three Denmark's head of handsets to take over running the UK, over here they decided to stock the optimus one and 3d but ignore the 2x :D We can offer him plenty of taxes but not quite so much pork as you guys :( mmm.... Danish bacon.....

Guest gensplejs
Ah yes, i see the flag! We need Three Denmark's head of handsets to take over running the UK, over here they decided to stock the optimus one and 3d but ignore the 2x :D We can offer him plenty of taxes but not quite so much pork as you guys :D mmm.... Danish bacon.....

Danish bacon generally sucks in denmark!

All the good stuff is exported (a lot of it to the UK)

Guest gensplejs
The local "3" shop - You should call them and claim your referral fee or something...

It's unlocked, easily rooted and running beautifully! Can't believe how it just handles everything you throw at it, including a manic "install everything I used to have" raid on the market :D

Too bad NFS Shift isn't supported though :D

Edit: It came with the V10A rom loaded and the LG software now tells me there's a new version available. The new version *is* rootable, right?

ehm?? huh??? new version???????

Im running 10A too and mine says "Ingen opdateringer til den pågældende telefon."

Edited by gensplejs

Guest airchie

This thread is sounding very interesting.

I currently have a Nexus One but I'm getting dust under the screen (again) and I'm looking for a new handset.

I'm very disappointed with HTC and co locking down their phones and I want to be sure I get the same level of freedom with my next phone that I've enjoyed with my Nexus.

Do you guys think the LG O2X is the way forward?

I must admit, from reading this thread it seems Paul thinks so.

If so, I may order one soon... :D

Thanks in advance :D

Guest Sorensiim
ClockworkMod 3.0.1.4 Beta 1 for the Optimus 2X will be online tomorrow, it's uploading now and i'm going to do a lot more testing tonight (yes, I'm insane, I know!)

Some other goodies for you tomorrow too. :D

P

So uhm... Any links to share?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mcnob

Am giving serious thought to getting the O2X tomorrow if it's in stock and after thumbing briefly through this thread, can I assume that the handset is being carrier locked and filled with the usual junk that carriers like Orange UK and Vodafone UK love to add?

Can I also assume that we have carrier unlock and root with at least the possibility of custom ROMs now?

Forgive my naivety but I'm still relatively new to the Android platform but I'm trying to pick it up as I go.

Ta......