11 Nov: SmartFlash stock baseband release: 1035.21_20110725 (V20l version)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MeX_DK
already done upgrade baseband 1035.21_20110502

and i found bug in SMS. i cannot send SMS. every Failed. even my SMS Setting is DONE.

And when i dial *123# is Force Close.

:P

Im on the new 502 baseband and I dont get force close when I dial *123# and my SMS gets sent and recieved perfectly.

My only problem was not being able to restore my old NANDroid backup for whatever reason so I had to NVFlash it and then root and restore stuff with Titanium and then restore only data with NANDroid and now its back to its original state with the 502 radio.

Guest Ferry Liemanto

Paul, after flashing 502 baseband, my O2x boot loop:(,

try to reflashing the new baseband again but the same thing still happen,

i've try reflashing old baseband, but that didn't solved it

btw, i'm using Fearkill ROM v8.1

edit:

solved with flashing new ROM

baseband still using 405

Edited by Ferry Liemanto

Guest temasek
Anyone notice that when you wake the phone, the signal bar is at zero for a few seconds?

Same. Upon every wake my signal bar will drop to zero. Sometimes instantly will restore signal, other times may require couple of seconds. Tested downloading big file on sleep mode and works fine.

Anyone same issue?

Guest 75markus

so, that´s bad news from a lot of people ...

anybody who recommends this baseband ??

i´m not sure if i wanna try ... :P

Edited by 75markus

Guest Trym Hansen

I flashed it twice.

The first time, it refused to connect at all. I rebooted three times, waited five minutes each time, it just wouldn't connect. WiFi was fine.

I reflashed 0405, read that nobody else (at that time) had any trouble with it, so I decided to try again in case I'd had a bad flash.

Initially, the second time around, it seemed as that had been the case. After the first boot it connected right away.

After the second boot, it connected after two minutes.

The third boot, after half a minute or so.

Next one, three minutes.

Unless 0405 isn't working for you at all, skip this one.

::Trym

Guest 75markus
I flashed it twice.

The first time, it refused to connect at all. I rebooted three times, waited five minutes each time, it just wouldn't connect. WiFi was fine.

I reflashed 0405, read that nobody else (at that time) had any trouble with it, so I decided to try again in case I'd had a bad flash.

Initially, the second time around, it seemed as that had been the case. After the first boot it connected right away.

After the second boot, it connected after two minutes.

The third boot, after half a minute or so.

Next one, three minutes.

Unless 0405 isn't working for you at all, skip this one.

thx, i think i gonna wait for the next one :P

0405 is ok for me

Guest vicsterscon

Anyone got some instructions on how to Update the baseband using NVflash Command-line instead of SmartFlash ?

THanks in advance

Vic

Guest ilos
Anyone got some instructions on how to Update the baseband using NVflash Command-line instead of SmartFlash ?

THanks in advance

Vic

instructions are in 1st post, and i don't think that NVflash can be used

Edited by ilos

Guest vicsterscon
instructions are in 1st post, and i don't think that NVflash can be used

Yeah yep .. i know the instructions, i am able to read.

let me rephrase my question -

Does any know if it is possible to flash the Baseband using Nvflash instead of SmartFlash, and if this is indeed possible. Would someone have be able to provide me with instructions and/or reading material on how to get about this task?

Reason for my Question:

My phone is semi-nuked due to a faulty USB port raping my device, now the device has had a trip to the repair shop whom deemd that there was no issues with the phone. wich quite clearly was absolute bull**** (8 Different computers Later), the SmartFlash tool did work at some point but is now inoperable. but i am able to Use NVFlash.

Guest MeX_DK
Paul, after flashing 502 baseband, my O2x boot loop:(,

try to reflashing the new baseband again but the same thing still happen,

Was getting boot loops as well. But I solved it by NVflashing my phone and then using titanium backup to restore programs, as well as restoring data from my NANDroid backup.

Guest johnnydj

can anyone help me out with a noob question?

What is the RIL?

and where can I download the RIL for the 405 baseband?

Sorry, but I can't find any info about it :|

Guest aaww

Installed the 405 baseband successfully now going to Install Clockwork, RIL and restore all my backups. this might take a while.

Guest aaww
Installed the 405 baseband successfully now going to Install Clockwork, RIL and restore all my backups. this might take a while.

Hmm my memory card and the Internal SD seem to be intact :P the baseband was flashes without a problem. now i am restoring my apps, then the data then contact info and so on. i hope this baseband drains less battery on wifi then the old one, now that i am using Fr18 beta2.

Cheers.

Guest Trym Hansen

Is an 0405 baseband really an 0405 baseband?

Sooo... trying to get a little bit familiar with my phone, I flashed three different stock ROMs back-to-back, two Euro Open and one Spanish, which seems to be a Euro Open as well. Something registered in the corner of my eye: Different .fls-sizes.

The .fls-files are the baseband-files. When flashed, they all show as version 1035_21_20110405. But, binary speaking, they are not the same.

Now, for all I know, they are identical in function, perhaps compiled with different flags or perhaps padded in some way. They seem to contain exactly the same strings and so forth. (So does the 0315 baseband.)

The one I'm on right now takes a looong time to get a GPS-fix (with nokia supl added and all that), but that doesn't mean much as I haven't tested the other two (stock ROMs). It's a cloudy day as well.

My question to anyone in the know is: Are we *sure* they perform the same, or is LG playing the same version-number game as with the stock ROMs? In other words tweaking the functions without changing version-numbers.

Guest fifi139

I need help. I couldn't get the smartflash to work. I'm using LG unified driver higher than smartflashdriver. So I didn't install the smart driver. When I opened the device manager, the LG is there. But smartflash didn't register that the phone is connected. I connected the USB to phone with no battery and press vol up+down. Still nothing on the smartflash.

Could anyone give help? And what is the different between flashing baseband and firmware/ROM?

thanks

sorry, i pressed vol down and plugged usb in. the screen showed S/W upgrade but the smartflash didn't register anything on the COM port.

Edited by fifi139

Guest fifi139

Sorry. Now i can update the baseband. But I'm worried what if I update this and all the apps are gone and I lose my warranty?

Guest Giant Pygmy
I'm please to make the latest (*at time of writing) LG 2X baseband release available for your use in SmartFlash format. You can check your current baseband in your device's 'About' page.

Please note that you use this at your own risk!

Installing this file WILL fully wipe your device, including the Internal SD. Back up!

SmartFlash for P990 is for use on Windows PCs.

Hi

Im new to all this and the phrase 'WILL fully wipe your device, including the Internal SD' sounds a bit terminal to me! How much exactly needs to be backed up? Is pc sync good enough to do the job?

Thanks

Guest Trym Hansen

Flashing the baseband will wipe your device (the system and data partitions), but not the internal sd-card/memory (not the external one either of course). This means that in theory you can:

o Make a nandroid backup ("Backup" in CWM):

o Flash the new baseband.

o Restore nandroid backup.

... and continue exactly where you left off. I've never encountered any problems with this procedure.

The rest depends on how important the data on your internal sd-card/memory is. If you have any files of importance on it (like photos, music, videos, your latest unpublished novel), copy them to the external SD-card or a computer. In case something goes *really, really wrong* and you're unable to even restore the nandroid-backup, you should backup/sync your contacts/calendar/messages/e-mail as well.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest sangriaman

Link invalid to: Baseband 1035.21_20110502 (from LG U660 10S update)

I'm using Fr18b2. Wich basband do you think i should flash the 405 or this one instead?

I have a problem with battery draining.