28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest wapz
Spanish update has 0405 baseband, build date in ROM is May 04 2011.

P

nothing else? i guess it's just another dull v10c? or does it have some of the interesting tweaks from the korean version?

Guest abye
Spanish update has 0405 baseband, build date in ROM is May 04 2011.

P

Paul, could you make a option with no OC/UV kernel select. I know the kitchen default kernel is supported OC/UV. Because my phone is very interesting, can't flash a kernel with OC/UV. If i flash it, it can't boot. I found it is the kernel problem. Because i try to flash Fr18 it can't boot, if i flash Fr17 RC2 (No OC/UV kernel) after 18, it can boot. Please help.

Guest clesenne
if you do that you have to select different options for the layout.

Disable 'Battery Full' Popup (STOCK or Gingerbread Style ROMs) installed

Disable 'Battery Full' Popup (Vanilla Style ROMs) installed to /system

i think you went wrong on one of these options by selecting the gingerbread theme but not changing this selection to reflect to the gingerbread theme.

Thanks for the pointer, the clock is back now.

One more question: How can I disable the sound notification when plugging in a USB cable?

C

Guest Paul
nothing else? i guess it's just another dull v10c? or does it have some of the interesting tweaks from the korean version?

Dull v10c. lge-ril is different, nothing particularly noteworthy otherwise. :P

P

Guest Paul
Paul, could you make a option with no OC/UV kernel select. I know the kitchen default kernel is supported OC/UV. Because my phone is very interesting, can't flash a kernel with OC/UV. If i flash it, it can't boot. I found it is the kernel problem. Because i try to flash Fr18 it can't boot, if i flash Fr17 RC2 (No OC/UV kernel) after 18, it can boot. Please help.

Strange! I'll add an 'old kernel' option in.

P

Guest Paul
Thanks for the pointer, the clock is back now.

One more question: How can I disable the sound notification when plugging in a USB cable?

C

Gah, I keep meaning to get rid of that. I'll do it for Fr18 Beta 2. :P

P

Guest djmcnz
@Paul

I still get the stack dump on YouTube as posted before so I did some further analysis using different kernels:

Fr17 With:

MCK-R14+64: stack dump

MCK-R14-No64: stack dump

MCK-CM1 (Fr12): stack dump

MCK-R4 (really old): **NO DUMP** ...

So.. I think it's kernel related... can I do some more testing?

I realsie there's a lot on your plate Paul and this isn't even a common problem (it appears) but do you think there's anything else I can test?

Guest sanfran

Hi,

With Fr18 i have a very high amount of "Dialer" usage during standby... didn't have this high battery drain with Fr17.....

BR Robert

Guest yong hong
Does Gingerbread play 4.1 MKVs? :P

P

Wow! Can't wait to play MKV 4.1, no need to use handbrake to transcode video anymore!

looking forward to Korean bits in MCR. :rolleyes:

Guest withoutwings
Hi,

With Fr18 i have a very high amount of "Dialer" usage during standby... didn't have this high battery drain with Fr17.....

BR Robert

How many minutes is "very high", and what is your total time since last unplugged?

Guest alvari

Just found a bug from FR17 RC3:

When the phone is in lock screen (I'm using google lockscreen), if I keep sliding my finger on the screen and wait for the screen to go off, the capacitive buttons remain light-up until I open up the phone again and let the screen go off without touching the screen.

I'm pretty sure this bug has been in the roms for quite a while since I've noticed this behavior before, I just didn't know what caused it.

Here's a video on youtube to better explain what I mean:

Guest vestelar

OMFG, I still have the problem with "dialer" in FR18!! What despair! :P I need to connect the phone when I'm at the office all the time or I don't have battery for the rest of the day.)

Guest mould14

i encounter a problem that the wake up response is very slow, after i press the power button, it take more than 2 second to wake the the screen up

Guest aaww

When the phone is in lock screen (I'm using google lockscreen), if I keep sliding my finger on the screen and wait for the screen to go off, the capacitive buttons remain light-up until I open up the phone again and let the screen go off without touching the screen.

I'm pretty sure this bug has been in the roms for quite a while since I've noticed this behavior before, I just didn't know what caused it.

check your video comments :P

Guest aaww
i encounter a problem that the wake up response is very slow, after i press the power button, it take more than 2 second to wake the the screen up

could be related to OC/UV or an app that works very hard in the background ?

Guest achim w.

Hmm - that's funny. I just tested it (using LG lockscreen) and I don't have this behaviour on FR17RC

Guest SpikeNansid

I don't have this problem, the lights stay on for 10 seconds for me but then they turn off.

Spike

Guest Elte Hupkes

I can reproduce this, could explain my earlier post about the lights staying on on several occasions while my screen was off.

Note you have to keep touching the screen at the point it turns off for the lights to stay on.

Guest sanfran
How many minutes is "very high", and what is your total time since last unplugged?

The total time is 1hour and 28 min and I only made 10min of phone calls....

BR Robert