28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest okdac

Hi Paul,

Thanks for all you work. I didn't test FR18 b2 yest, but I much appreciate the effort. And I think I'm not the only one !!

Okdac

Guest ascito

I'm running r18b2 with MCK OC/UV. Incredible rom but battery life. :/ 20% less in one hour.

Edited by ascito

Guest Raven1
My phone died after ending a phone call.

I pressed the red end key, then the phone just froze and all i got was a black screen.

I have waited for 10 min but still there was no response to anything. just a black screen.

I had to pull out the battery.

Anybody with similar issue ?

I had the same on FR15, but only once. So I would not rush to blame the kernel - I think its just a very rare bug. It was the only time I actually had to do a battery pull, other than that I have always been able to reboot.. and 4-5 times the phone has even "helped" me reboot on its own when I wasnt looking :P

Guest ilos
Maybe its the beer but i think the MCK kernel r11 feels much smoother :P

i drink to much beer too lol coz i think the same :rolleyes:

Edited by ilos

Guest Paul
Hi Paul, just to make sure: a) the updated ril will work with baseband 0405? b)if i updated to korean baseband 0205, then the updated ril makes even more sense?

It works fine with 04/05 and is recommended!

P

Guest 75markus

FR18 b2 works very fine for me ! (MCK kernel r14 with overclocking / undervolt support, no RAM hack, 0405 baseband)

couldn´t find any bug yet, batterylife is fine for me !

Thx a lot paul, really good work !

Guest 75markus
I'm running r18b2 with MCK OC/UV. Incredible rom but battery life. :/ 20% less in one hour.

this is not a normal behavior because of this rom, i guess you have an "bad" app, running your CPU in the background at 100% and draining your battery ...

install a monitor like "quick system info" and watch your CPU Usage ...

Edited by 75markus

Guest ascito
this is not a normal behavior because of this rom, i guess you have an "bad" app, running your CPU in the background at 100% and draining your battery ...

install a monitor like "quick system info" and watch your CPU Usage ...

Thx I will check it...but I have almost nothing installed in.

Guest alvari

Just baked a rom from the Fr18 kitchen and the 'about phone' is telling my Kernel version is '2.6.32.28-mck-r10'.. I thought it should be r11 with the default kernel options?

Guest Fajar EP

testing FR18 B1, contacts seem working all the time(it seems sync all the times), gonna bake FR18 B2...

EDIT :

seems no contacs sync problem with B2...(different kernel too)

Edited by Fajar EP

Guest xos84292
just bake using FR17, and the problem still there, wonder if it's because something i done when choosing option in my bake?

the brightness setting and screen time out is gray

have done full wipe & clear dalvik cache, problem still there

edit: add screen capture

2011-05-20163419-resize.png

no sim card

it's will lock the brightness setting, you can use apps to con it

Guest mould14
Just baked a rom from the Fr18 kitchen and the 'about phone' is telling my Kernel version is '2.6.32.28-mck-r10'.. I thought it should be r11 with the default kernel options?

same here, but works fine

Guest Ferry Liemanto
no sim card

it's will lock the brightness setting, you can use apps to con it

yap, found about that and have flashing FR18 Beta2 now with sim card

Guest johnnydj
Got a GPS lock within seconds with the nokia servers. Also i'm using another gps.conf than that's in the rom. I've my own which worked wonders on my old Galaxy Spica and also with my 2X

Edit: I uploaded my gps.conf in a rar. Unzip it and push it so system/etc and let it overwrite the existing gps.conf

The NTP servers are configured for The Netherlands, so you should use the ones for your own country.

your uploaded gps.conf file contains the google server, and not nokia servers.

Guest johnnydj
Wiping don'T work for me @FR18, tried dalvik and cachepartition wipe. Fullwiping shouldn't be an option...

fullwiping is an option always.

it's the safest option before reporting any bugs.

Weird thing in FR18b1... After full wipe and instal of FR18b1, i'm now having about 10 locked bookmarks, that cant be deleted. Looks like some bookmarks that would be placed in a stock phone, bought from a danish provider TDC. Have never seen these bookmarks in earlier FR releases - and i have tried almost all of them....

Anyone else?

Guest ilos

flashed yesterday FR18b2 with a full wipe ( baseband 0405 ) and "dialer" ( in my screenshoot it's "Appeler" ) for me doesn't take a huge place ( all is perfect ) :

screenshoot :

post-377855-1305960505_thumb.png

Edited by ilos

Guest jon.m.knight

Anyone fancy posting a vid what the LG Star / Korean Optimus 2x boot animation looks like?

e: Forgive my ignorance, but now that the LG Star has seen an update, how does Paul go about merging these with MCR? Is it a case of literally trawling through each piece of modified code (hoping that LG have implemented a change log) and porting it over to his release? Or does he take the Korean release and merge his changes with it - if so, what if there's been modifications to the same section of code (i.e which should he use if the LG release has a more recent last 'modified date')???

I'm just curious how this all works...

e2: just clocked this

optimus2xkr.jpg

Edited by jon.m.knight

Guest talp1

Hi all,

this ROM is the fastest I've ever try, with more than 3k in quadrant! (standard kernel)

This evening I try with much more beer, as AAWW says... :P

Only little problem is auto-brightness, with no or little difference from light to dark, so I set it in manual mode.

Now I see about battery drain

Great work Paul, thanks

Talp1

PS It's real, I'm a very beginner because i've inserted another this as new post than a reply, sorry :rolleyes:

Guest Elte Hupkes
Weird thing in FR18b1... After full wipe and instal of FR18b1, i'm now having about 10 locked bookmarks, that cant be deleted. Looks like some bookmarks that would be placed in a stock phone, bought from a danish provider TDC. Have never seen these bookmarks in earlier FR releases - and i have tried almost all of them....

Anyone else?

I have this as well, I think since Fr16b2 or something (but that's the first time I checked). They appear to be the default T-Mobile NL bookmarks and there's about 20 of them, pretty much rendering the bookmarks useless since I still have to look through them. I hadn't ever used bookmarks before though, so I hadn't associated it with the ROM yet; thought it could just be a SIM issue or something. It would be great to get rid of them though..

Edited by Elte Hupkes