28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

30 Mar Fr4

• Stock Google Contacts / Phone now selectable in the kitchen
  • Stock Desk Clock now available (for use when disabling LG Alarm Clock / Desk Clock)
  • Amazon Appstore and SlideME Markets now in the kitchen (I use SlideME as the only place to buy Quadrant Advanced!)
  • Boot sound is now optional

• Key items (e.g. framework-res) now signed with AOSP platform keys to aid themers
  • Fixed some typos and naming in the kitchen
  • Gingerbread keyboard now added (Steven Lin version)
  • Minor tweaking of kitchen default options
  • Minor performance enhancements

Guest aMpeX

I'm curious, when replacing the LG SMS/MMS App with the stock one, what happens to the notifications on the Lockscreen? Will there be none or will it show erroneous numbers?

Guest ezangrando
I'm curious, when replacing the LG SMS/MMS App with the stock one, what happens to the notifications on the Lockscreen? Will there be none or will it show erroneous numbers?

For me simply doesn't show nothing on r3, i'll update you for r4 in some minutes :D

Guest ezangrando

ehm, i still have a problem with the tethering settings on r4, as you can see it say web.omnitel.it instead of mobile.vodafone.it and when i activate tethering USB it connect me there! It's the old wap apn that is expensive.. i can't remove that option, pls need help :D vodafone italia must use mobile apn always :D :( ;)

Edited by Paul

ehm, i still have a problem with the tethering settings on r4, as you can see it say web.omnitel.it instead of mobile.vodafone.it and when i activate tethering USB it connect me there! It's the old wap apn that is expensive.. i can't remove that option, pls need help :D vodafone italia must use mobile apn always :D :( ;)

These are the default APN settings on the device... I haven't changed any APN settings so this must be an issue also on stock?

P

Guest ezangrando
These are the default APN settings on the device... I haven't changed any APN settings so this must be an issue also on stock?

P

no on stock they were right =( how can i change or remove the tethering setting? it's locked, on my nexus there was just the main one

ps: anyway everything seems to work well on r4! good work :D

Edited by ezangrando

Guest Korumera

Ok flashed it to FR4 and used djmcnz "Hidden Notification Music Controls (all 02x 2.2.2 ROM's)" patch but that doesn't seem to work anymore. It made my phone reboot constantly, wiped it again and trying the FR4 release without the patch.

Ok that patch doenst work anymore :D normal install works fine. I like my stripped version haha.

Edited by Korumera

Guest ezangrando
Ok flashed it to FR4 and used djmcnz "Hidden Notification Music Controls (all 02x 2.2.2 ROM's)" patch but that doesn't seem to work anymore. It made my phone reboot constantly, wiped it again and trying the FR4 release without the patch.

Strange that is working fine for me, try installing it after the first boot :D

no on stock they were right =( how can i change or remove the tethering setting? it's locked, on my nexus there was just the main one

ps: anyway everything seems to work well on r4! good work :D

Have you done 'reset APNs'? I haven't changed the APNs at all so it's odd...

No, the patch needs to be re-signed with platform keys.

P

Guest djmcnz

Thanks for the heads-up! :D

I'll update the patch in a little while... I could have anticipated that one. I've amended the XDA post with a warning.

Edited by djmcnz

Guest ezangrando
Have you done 'reset APNs'? I haven't changed the APNs at all so it's odd...

yes but nothing change =\, i would like to write down the setting there by hand but he don't let me remove the settings already there :D

Edited by ezangrando

Guest djmcnz

Can you not press the menu button and add a new apn with the correct settings? Copy the existing fields?

Guest ezangrando
Can you not press the menu button and add a new apn with the correct settings? Copy the existing fields?

yes but i must delete the "tethering Internet" field first with the wrong apn, or when i activate USB Tethering he still switch on that... it's outside my internet plan and it cost me 4€ ever 500mb, the main apn field is correct, can't understand why now it take a different apn just for USB Tethering :D

Edited by ezangrando

Guest gensplejs
Thanks for the heads-up! :D

I'll update the patch in a little while... I could have anticipated that one. I've amended the XDA post with a warning.

Link? cant seem to locate the mentioned xda post.....

Guest ezangrando
yes but i must delete the "tethering Internet" field first with the wrong apn, or when i activate USB Tethering he still switch on that... it's outside my internet plan and it cost me 4€ ever 500mb, the main apn field is correct, can't understand why now it take a different apn just for USB Tethering :D

Solved my problem by clearing all apn fields on the phone with APN backup & restore! :D

Guest gensplejs

Gingerbread keyboard force closes if you open the options from settings..... if they are opened directly from the keyboard all is fine....

Same happens with the payed version from the market.

Edited by gensplejs

Guest mrBira

woho! downloading my baked fr4-rom :D

thanks paul!!

EDIT:

just installed (did a wipe/factury reset from CWM before install)

* first thing i noticed when i booted up, was a FC. the program where you can check/change date and time.

* second thing i did was i ran market and installed PRO-license of titanium backup, and got another FC (titanium)

* third is that the sound when i press keys is lagy, can take 1-2 secs after i push a button for it to sound (i normaly dont use em but they were there from start)

other than that - nothing bad :D

worth mentioning: i'm on stock radio (baseband 1035.21_20110223)

Edited by mrBira

Guest djmcnz

Consider this cross-promotion rather than self-promotion, Hidden Music Controls mod has been updated to support r4 see here. :D

Edited by djmcnz

Guest Le_PoUnT

My phone will not boot after I installed the ROM. In fact, to be precise it keeps rebooting(Just after the LG animation).

I will do another test in the day, and otherwise I will create a new ROM.