[ROM] CyanogenMod 7

Guest AntonioPT

Guest arlindo.costa
I just found out that Ndrive doesn't work with this ROM is there a fix for this?

No one has come up with a fix for this yet... :D

Edited by arlindo.costa

Guest AntonioPT
No one has come up with a fix for this yet... :D

If you (or anybody else) can provide me a logcat, I can try to figure out what's wrong with NDrive.

Guest Ricsi111
If you (or anybody else) can provide me a logcat, I can try to figure out what's wrong with NDrive.

Hi Antonio

Thanks yor job. Igo is working, with 2.1 UK last update and your Cm7 Rom.

Guest anarkill

Will there be future firmware optimized for operation at a normal frequency of CPU? ROM now works at 691 - 728 mhz, but it's too big. Normal frequency is 245 - 710 Mhz or at least 320 (480) - 728 Mhz ... I hope that in future it will be possible to a normal speed with of setting up these.

Sorry for my bad English!

Edited by anarkill

Guest Casterina
Will there be future firmware optimized for operation at a normal frequency of CPU? ROM now works at 691 - 728 mhz, but it's too big. Normal frequency is 245 - 710 Mhz or at least 320 (480) - 728 Mhz ... I hope that in future it will be possible to a normal speed with of setting up these.

Download SetCPU from the market or something.. and set the cpu frequency as you please :D

Guest biron_w

I had problems with the new ROM as it kept making my phone reboot. I've just read to install gapps after first boot so i'll try that. I didn't have any problems with the first version.

Guest arlindo.costa
Download SetCPU from the market or something.. and set the cpu frequency as you please :D

CM 7 allows you to set it in Settings->Performance settings

Guest arlindo.costa

Thanks Antonio :D

04-03 01:59:49.631 I/ActivityManager( 1337): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.ndrive.android/.MainActivity } from pid 1453

04-03 01:59:50.061 I/ActivityManager( 1337): Start proc com.ndrive.android for activity com.ndrive.android/.MainActivity: pid=2338 uid=10143 gids={3003, 1015}

04-03 01:59:50.141 D/dalvikvm( 1240): GC_EXPLICIT freed 11K, 54% free 2502K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 81ms

04-03 01:59:50.271 W/ResourceType( 1337): Skipping entry 0x7f040000 in package table 0 because it is not complex!

04-03 01:59:50.271 W/ResourceType( 1337): Skipping entry 0x7f040001 in package table 0 because it is not complex!

04-03 01:59:50.301 D/dalvikvm( 1240): GC_EXPLICIT freed <1K, 54% free 2502K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 155ms

04-03 01:59:50.321 E/copybit ( 1337): copyBits failed (Operation not permitted)

04-03 01:59:50.321 D/copybit ( 1337): 0: src={w=320, h=480, f=11, rect={0,23,320,457}}

04-03 01:59:50.321 D/copybit ( 1337): dst={w=320, h=480, f=0, rect={0,23,320,457}}

04-03 01:59:50.321 D/copybit ( 1337): flags=00020000

04-03 01:59:50.621 D/dalvikvm( 1240): GC_EXPLICIT freed <1K, 54% free 2502K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 315ms

04-03 01:59:50.631 D/dalvikvm( 2338): Trying to load lib /mnt/asec/com.ndrive.android-1/lib/libnav.so 0x40518900

04-03 01:59:50.651 I/NDrive ( 2338): Could not load libnav.so using NDK API (java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Cannot load library: load_segments[928]: 1240 failed to map segment from 'libnav.so' @ 0x80800000 (0x003eac58). p_vaddr=0x00000000 p_offset=0x00000000) trying alterntive loading

04-03 01:59:50.651 I/NDrive ( 2338): Libnav check: libExists=true@26543 current version is 26543

04-03 01:59:50.651 D/dalvikvm( 2338): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.ndrive.android/libnav.so 0x40518900

04-03 01:59:50.931 D/dalvikvm( 2338): Added shared lib /data/data/com.ndrive.android/libnav.so 0x40518900

04-03 01:59:50.931 I/libnav ( 2338): JNI_OnLoad OK

04-03 01:59:50.931 I/libnav ( 2338): Trying to register native methods

04-03 01:59:50.931 W/dalvikvm( 2338): JNI WARNING: illegal class name 'com.ndrive.android.Libnav' (Check_FindClass)

04-03 01:59:50.931 W/dalvikvm( 2338): (should be formed like 'java/lang/String')

Guest westportau
First of all, let me get things straight. I don't do this for a living. I am a student and I do this kind of stuff on my free time. I didn't go on holiday, I was just busy with other stuff. And if I did? What's your f-ing problem?

I spent many hours trying to get this ROM as it is, not excellent, but fairly good. And most people tend to agree on that. If you don't like it, don't use it.

You should be thankful.

Really, you should be banned from the internet. :D

My next version will include DroidWall support.

Yes, that will also go on the next version.

Currently this ROM is not yet based on RC4 (it's RC2 I believe), but on the next version I will update the source.

Thank you B)

It sucks to spend hours and hours trying to help the community just so some guys can come here and criticize what I do.

Thanks to you and to all the people who have tested and used this ROM.

--

I will add the instructions anarkill provided to fix the market/a2sd issue on the first post.

On the next version I will also update the source, so that we get the latest CyanogenMod goodies (added performance and features), and I will also incorporate the SD card speed tweak and a DroidWall-compatible kernel.

I'll also start working on the camera, trying to use libs from a Froyo "trial" Huawei released for a similar phone and trying to modify the Hero's driver to work on our phones.

guys who pirate other persons hard work without their authorization are pretty low and underhanded.

Guest anarkill

This is impossible because when minimum frequency different from 691 and a maximum different from 710 or 728 this ROM now have a big lags and freez and be unusable. But i hope that this will be fixed and ROM be working with normal speed on the normal scale of CPU...

Edited by anarkill

Guest Fusion0306
guys who pirate other persons hard work without their authorization are pretty low and underhanded.

You want to know what's pretty low and underhanded?

The fact that you're trying to bash someone's reputation (622 helpful posts) with your 6 posts (all just bashing on others)

If you don't like the rom, don't use it.

Fell free to count the bugs and post them, so that others can benefit from your experience, but there is no need to insult someone personally... They're doing this 'cause they want to, not because they're getting money for it...

NHF

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest rangeoshun
Solution with market found! (Maybe)

Who have just started to put this ROM:

1) Install this ROM and DT a2sd. Don't install GAPPS!!

2) Boot phone and enter in terminal

su

a2sd reinstall

reboot
Then
su

a2sd cachesd

reboot
Then
su

a2sd swappy15

3) After it boot into recovery and flash GAPPS =)

Enjoy the ROM with a working market!

Awsome! This even works, after installing everything (rom+a2sd+gapps+sdspeedfix), and without rebooting between lines :D The new gapps is not FCing, so I can finally start testing, and benchmarking it!

Great works! And thanx 4 everyone who works on this!

Chears!

Guest Redparrot

Is that so? Yet you're using this rom, so what does that make you?

Guest igor_anta

Do you even know what an open source project means? Just get lost and don't fill the forum with your useless posts.

Good job Antonio, don't mind these buffoons. Cheers!

Guest ramirogam
There was so many people asking me to give them a CM7 ROM that I decided to make a thread.

First things first, this is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. That means you can't post issues on the CyanogenMod bug tracker, basically you can't call this a true CyanogenMod ROM because it's not official. Of course you can still post issues and bugs here, on this thread.

Secondly, I'd like to thank, obviously, Tom G, because without him we wouldn't have all the wonderful CM ROMs we have today. I am just using his device config to compile CM7, he did the bulk of the work. Thank you in the name of the entire community!

Now let's get to the good stuff.

Download links:

• ROM (2011-04-02): http://www.mediafire.com/?dn68kww3f7dxayx
    • If you were using the previous (2011-03-25) version, it is highly recommended to install this one. Wipe is recommended.

• Gapps (2011-04-03-pulse): http://www.mediafire.com/?80g9sz726jxa48r
      • This new version of Gapps fixes the Market FC'ing on app install.
      • This may cause problems if you were using the Chinese input support zip. Until I upload a fixed Chinese zip, either reinstall ROM + Gapps + DT A2SD without Chinese zip or free enough space in /system so that all of that can coexist.

• DT A2SD: (2.7.5.2-1-pulse): http://www.mediafire.com/?lp91d11r1hv077z
      • Chinese input support (CallaIME and Touchpal dictionary): http://www.mediafire.com/?dvsjvsedhgma1uh
        • Thanks twrock and TaiwanCHT8k :D

• Touchpal language (APKs): http://www.mediafire.com/?t2crtueay7d9cue

2011-04-03: Fixed Market FC'ing on app install (needs to be on /system).

2011-04-02: Fixed Gapps/A2SD not working because of lack of space on /system.

Replaced ADW.Launcher with LauncherPro.

Added Chinese font support and Chinese input flashable zip.

Added Touchpal keyboard.

Added new OpenGL ES lib.

Moved GPS NTP server to Europe (faster GPS fix).

Changed boot animation to Android Scribble.

Tweaked build.prop settings.

Optimized updater-script, removed unnecessary files and scripts.

See
          for the full changelog.

How do I install this ROM?

• Download the ROM, Gapps and DT A2SD.
          • Transfer them to your phone's SD card.
          • Using ClockworkMod recovery:

• Make a nandroid backup.
            • Wipe data / factory reset.
            • Flash the zips (ROM, then DT A2SD - DON'T INSTALL GAPPS FOR NOW!).

• If you want Chinese input support (CallaIME and Touchpal dictionary), also download and flash the chinese zip.

[*]Reboot.

[*]If anything goes wrong, restore the nandroid backup you made.

What do I do after installing it?

[*]Some users have problems with Market and A2SD, please check the instructions anarkill provided here: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1658314

[*]Using CyanogenMod Settings:

[*]Enable OC and enable the "Set on boot" option.

[*]Don't enable compcache (it's off by default, just making sure).

[*]Reboot.

[*]Disabling the window animations/transitions will also make the phone go faster.

[*]Using DT A2SD to store apps and dalvik cache on SD Card will also come with a big performance boost.

[*]Enable swap.

[*]If you want additional touchpal languages (English is included by default), install the APKs.

Don't forget to give some feedback (bugs, opinions, suggestions, issues...). Enjoy B)

as I do the following

Using CyanogenMod Settings:

Enable OC and enable the "Set on boot" option.

Don't enable compcache (it's off by default, just making sure).

Reboot.

Disabling the window animations/transitions will also make the phone go faster.

Enable swap.

Guest afpaecu

Thank you Antonio for releasing this ROM.

I have followed all the updated instructions, but I cannot install the Goggle Apps on my phone! After I install the Gapps zip using ClockworkMod recovery and boot the phone, it appears the Android wizard and ask me what market apps I want to install. I select all and then press next, but I receive several times this message "The item could not be found". The only apps that I got are Facebook and Twitter, but the others never appeared. Is it because of my location? I am in Ecuador South America. What should I do?

Regards,

Guest Casterina
No working drivers =( AntonioPT is working on it now =)

I heard their a usable one, on the HTC Hero 2.3... Considering the Pulse Gingerbread ROM is using AOSP source (HTC Hero), Antonio could use that if he wanted too :D

Guest pedrojaime

First of all thank you Antonio for such a great rom (muito obrigado). It has made Gingerbread a reality on mu phone (which the manufacturer said would never be possible B)

I too get exactly the same 'item not found' when selecting which google apps to install and I am also in Ecuador. I was wondering, does anyone get the Huawei U8220-6 rebooting as its about to complete installation of any .apk files on the phone? Tried running the .apk from file manager and it reboots to android logo. Then I tried from the term emulator on the phone but it seems that I don't really have root as it says "Permission denied" even though I have a # prompt. How should I be installing apps from the command line on the phone (or is there a better way)?? Any help is much appreciated. Would love to keep this rom on the phone if I can just get past the installing of applications issue I am having.

Also, I should mention, I have tried the default settings, no compcache, and very conservative CPU speed settings to no avail..

keep up the great work out there :D

Peter

Guest Casterina
First of all thank you Antonio for such a great rom (muito obrigado). It has made Gingerbread a reality on mu phone (which the manufacturer said would never be possible B)

I too get exactly the same 'item not found' when selecting which google apps to install and I am also in Ecuador. I was wondering, does anyone get the Huawei U8220-6 rebooting as its about to complete installation of any .apk files on the phone? Tried running the .apk from file manager and it reboots to android logo. Then I tried from the term emulator on the phone but it seems that I don't really have root as it says "Permission denied" even though I have a # prompt. How should I be installing apps from the command line on the phone (or is there a better way)?? Any help is much appreciated. Would love to keep this rom on the phone if I can just get past the installing of applications issue I am having.

Also, I should mention, I have tried the default settings, no compcache, and very conservative CPU speed settings to no avail..

Peter

You have rooted your phone, you need to add "su" without the speech marks before you enter anything on terminal emulator thats why you get the "Permission denied''.

Guest arlindo.costa

Peter

What is your setting in

Cyanogenmod Settings

-> Application Settings

-> Install Location?

Guest pedrojaime
What is your setting in

Cyanogenmod Settings

-> Application Settings

-> Install Location?

Here I have 'Automatic' - I have not changed this to external since I want to partition the sd card first before moving stuff onto it.

At the moment all I am trying to do is install Rommanager so I can use it to partition the microSD card so I can then try to transfer dalvik cache + apps to the sd card using the settings you mention but I am trying to work out why he package manager is hanging installing any app..

running #su install rommanager.apk

gives me:

#

but then I reboot and have no rommanager icon on the list of applications so I suppose not much happened with that command. Partitioning the sdcard is not a major issue - will just run gparted as root on my archlinux box when I get home.

So my big remaining issue (which is a show-stopper) is still installing applications with this rom.. Trying to install via andriod market also causes a reboots after the software is downloaded. I found this guide I am going to try:

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xpe...-4-newbies.html

unless someone knows of a simpler way?

Thanks all for your replies,

Peter