[ROM] CyanogenMod 7

Guest AntonioPT

So what is currently the best ROM to use, I've been off the forums for a while and been using CM6 0.3 build for a VERY long time now and feels that it might be time to upgrade.

And also, is it really necessary to have SetCPU and Swapper2 installed, I have and they seem to keep falling out of memory, causing the phone to get HUGE slowdowns...

Guest arlindo.costa

This new ROM seems smoother.

And great News for me.... NDRIVE works :)

Thanks Antonio! :)

EDIT: CM7 theme engine is also working well!

Edited by arlindo.costa

Guest Casterina
So what is currently the best ROM to use, I've been off the forums for a while and been using CM6 0.3 build for a VERY long time now and feels that it might be time to upgrade.

And also, is it really necessary to have SetCPU and Swapper2 installed, I have and they seem to keep falling out of memory, causing the phone to get HUGE slowdowns...

Make a nandroid and check out this ROM :)

Guest Pulseuser1

Does Gapps install for anyone properly using a U8220, i know Antonio said Gapps MAY not install but i just wanted to clarify this ??

Cheers :) :)

Guest Casterina

EDIT: Just installed the new version of gingerbread on the Pulse (U8220), It works fine.. Installed the update, gapps then apps2sd.. works like a treat..

The phone is very fast. Thanks Antonio for your workkk :)

Edited by Casterina

Guest ZTE_Blade
Does Gapps install for anyone properly using a U8220, i know Antonio said Gapps MAY not install but i just wanted to clarify this ??

Cheers :) :)

gapps works but you have to do a couple of a2sd commands:

su

a2sd reinstall

reboot

su

a2sd cachesd

reboot

su

a2sd swappy15

reboot

NOTE* FLASH GAPPS AFTER YOU HAVE DONE THESE COMMANDS IN TERMINAL

Guest Pulseuser1

su

a2sd reinstall

reboot

su

a2sd cachesd

reboot

su

a2sd swappy15

reboot

Alright cheers mate! :) :)

Guest Casterina
And what about camera? Is it works?

I can download and try it now, I'm browsing from mobile..

Use a alternative one on the market, until the camera issue is fixed.

Guest pedrojaime

First of all, this is fantastic work! thanks Antonio et al. It DOES seem smoother so far. I am scared to test too many apps though because that is what caused slowdown with previous rom 2 days ago.

Yes, camera does not work at the moment. I would say if camera works with different app, then its a problem with the builtin Android Camera app, not the driver. Great workaround for camera btw, thanks Casterina :)

What I can confirm also is that skype works perfectly now - both over 3G and over wifi and you no longer need the headphones as it does not use loudspeaker anymore and the mic seems to work fine too so I am very happy, can contact my son again!

Talking about sound, this may be a stupid question but how do you switch to loudspeaker during a regular call??

If anyone has any tips on keeping the system trim and fast over time, would really like to know.. I know how to make XP fast, I know how to keep Linux fast, but how do I keep Android fast? cron jobs or reboot once a day? Is there anything more I should know? This seems to happen when I run out out RAM. I already have everything possible including cache running from the sd card. What light and fast apps do people use for:

-music/video

-camera

-opening office files

-pdf

-flash/youtube

-alarm clock

-calendar/notes

*For angry birds to work, I would suggest overclocking processor to at least 691 (Cyanogenmod settings>Performance>CPU Settings), killing all other non-essential processes before starting it and also, do not move the app to SD (doesn't like it). Its a resource-demanding app with all those sounds and graphics :)

thanks again, very happy with the ROM :(

Edited by pedrojaime

Guest totiadrenalin

su

a2sd reinstall

reboot

su

a2sd cachesd

reboot

su

a2sd swappy15

reboot

You won't need this steps anymore!

Because the /data folder isn't included in this rom!

ZAnd that's why you can flashh all in one by one!

Without reboot and typing codes in the terminal for the dta2sd.

You can do it later with no problems!

I just try this rom!

A bit smooter than the preview's 1!

Thanks Antonio!

:)

Guest totiadrenalin
First of all, this is fantastic work! thanks Antonio et al. It DOES seem smoother so far. I am scared to test too many apps though because that is what caused slowdown with previous rom 2 days ago.

Yes, camera does not work at the moment. I would say if camera works with different app, then its a problem with the builtin Android Camera app, not the driver. Great workaround for camera btw, thanks Casterina :)

What I can confirm also is that skype works perfectly now - both over 3G and over wifi and you no longer need the headphones as it does not use loudspeaker anymore and the mic seems to work fine too so I am very happy, can contact my son again!

Talking about sound, this may be a stupid question but how do you switch to loudspeaker during a regular call??

If anyone has any tips on keeping the system trim and fast over time, would really like to know.. I know how to make XP fast, I know how to keep Linux fast, but how do I keep Android fast? cron jobs or reboot once a day? Is there anything more I should know? This seems to happen when I run out out RAM. I already have everything possible including cache running from the sd card. What light and fast apps do people use for:

-music/video

-camera

-opening office files

-pdf

-flash/youtube

-alarm clock

-calendar/notes

*For angry birds to work, I would suggest overclocking processor to at least 691 (Cyanogenmod settings>Performance>CPU Settings), killing all other non-essential processes before starting it and also, do not move the app to SD (doesn't like it). Its a resource-demanding app with all those sounds and graphics :)

thanks again, very happy with the ROM :huh:

Any os is acting a bit slow when it's get out of RAM!

But here in Android just like any other os we have the same problem.

Android keeps some apps as services so they could work all of the time without the lowmem killer killing them!

This is great solution, but!

Huawei U8220 - aka Pulse has so little ram!

About 107MB.

Yes Linux never left to much free Ram.

About 1-2%

But it doesn't actually use all of the ram.

Big part of the ram it use Like un used cached memory.

A virtually free Ram memory.

This ram is used for the processes and services of android.

And if this memory get lower then about 10% but not used by the background processes, but by the services, and forgground and visual processes?

Well this is big problem.

In that cacse.

Don't use much Widgets, and some apps like SetCPU, Swapper2 and etc.

And the biggest memory hog is the MAPS app

in Settings>applications>Running Services you will always find that MAPS stays running as service.

Even if you kill it the OS will Call it back in minutes.

To stop this uncheck any Location option in settings.

I hope that this could HELP you guys!

Best regards

TOTI

:(

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Casterina

-music/video

-camera

-opening office files

-pdf

-flash/youtube

-alarm clock

-calendar/notes

*For angry birds to work, I would suggest overclocking processor to at least 691 (Cyanogenmod settings>Performance>CPU Settings), killing all other non-essential processes before starting it and also, do not move the app to SD (doesn't like it). Its a resource-demanding app with all those sounds and graphics :huh:

thanks again, very happy with the ROM :)

Too get the loudspeaker when you are in a call.. press menu and select speaker :) And yeahhh.. angry birds is very stable on this phone and without lag if your lucky..

I would recommend you have a app killer and use it every time your screen is off.. the app killer kills all your apps :( This will save battery and speed of your phone will not decrease but this will prevent multi-tasking,