[ROM 2.3.6] t&l Metal

Guest lgcmn

MT Voltage Control set CPU voltage.

And android assistant show battery voltage.

So it is normal.

thn. Anyway i try to set the voltage above 1024V...it seems like still stick to 1024V...any idea?

Edited by kent05

Guest K3lthuzad

Does anyone know how to change the notification LED light up intervals? I think GingerDMD has it set to 1.5 seconds or something and it was a lot more convenient. I just like this ROM more because the Wifi works well. :D

Guest JungleNoli

Hi lgcmn,

Just installed your t&l_Metal_2.3.6_13_AOSP rom and have to say that it's superb - i love it's simplicity and purity! I'm coming from ZTE Blade with cyanogen gingerbread and I appreciate having an AOSP version available. Only 2 little things I'd like to add. I don't know if there's an English *UK* language setting available but it'd be great if it was an available option. Secondly, I couldn't get the wi fi or 3G to work initially. Luckily I could access the market for just long enough to get the giffgaff APN downloaded. After this, the wifi and 3G worked flawlessly. As a lot of people will be getting this phone to be used with giffgaff, again it would be great if its APN settings came on the ROM. But generally I am so impressed - thank you so much - your hard work has really made me pleased I got this phone!

Awesome ROM, pretty much a n00b at android though and would like the stock weather widget back

I've downloaded the standard stock_app.zip package and found the widget. From here i copied it to the sd card and installed via ES file explorer... what happens from here??

EDIT: after re reading this thread - am i correct in saying that i just modify the stock_app.zip file and remove all the apk's i dont want, then flash in cwm?

Some pointers would be great :)

Edited by MrNeil

EDIT: after re reading this thread - am i correct in saying that i just modify the stock_app.zip file and remove all the apk's i dont want, then flash in cwm?

yes, that's correct..but the only thing that u will need the AmonRa recovery 2.2, because CWM recovery will give u an error when flashing (it doesn't support update-script, which is in this stock-app module)

Where is the image of background rom?

Thanks

attached)

post-685295-0-52718500-1321970731_thumb.

Hmmm I can't seem to get T-Mobile in the UK to switch over to 3G??? Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

Does it stay on 2G all the time? Check the 'Network Mode' under Wireless and Networks isn't set to 2G only.

Thank you for your help k0zmic but it was myself being a idiot. I'm so used to seeing 3G as being the 'fastest mode' but it was set to a 'H' which is correct.

No problem.

so delete everything inside that zip except those 2 files in system/app then flash via clockwork?

u can find all the answers in this topic, even on this page (post 183)!!..all u have to do, is spend some time on reading, that's not so hard, isn't it? wink.gif

Edited by lgcmn

Is anyone else having poor battery life with this ROM? I just get through a 9 hour shift at work with only 15% left. I've been using the Gingerounay 3.0.1 ROM before and I could get through a full day at work with 60% remaining. I'm using the exact same apps, with syncing enabled and no wifi exactly the same as with Gingerounay but on this ROM my battery seems to get depleted really quickly. I'm using it the same as well with a little bit of facebook, a couple of 5 minute calls, some text messaging and 5 minutes of Angry birds. I've tried setting setCPU with some profiles to lower the speed at less than 50% but that hasn't helped either.

If it was the first time of using this phone I would say maybe switch of some things that are running or enabled. But with Gingerounay I didn't get this poor battery performance and I'm using it the same.

Any help much appreciated.

Any help much appreciated.

What does "battery usage" (settings) and "wheres my droid power" (app) tell? I've had facebook consume lots of battery some times, it's a bit buggy. Try a reboot if you haven't already.

Since installing this rom, search doesn't open from a single tap. I've installed google search from the market place, but this hasnt fixed my issue. I can hold the button and do a vocie search, but not a single tap for text search..

Any ideas?

Guest Smeelious

Since installing this rom, search doesn't open from a single tap. I've installed google search from the market place, but this hasnt fixed my issue. I can hold the button and do a vocie search, but not a single tap for text search..

Any ideas?

when you installed the Googlequicksearchbox.apk did it instal in the system directory or the data directory?

Edited by Smeelious

when you installed the Googlequicksearchbox.apk did it instal in the system directory or the data directory?

I downloaded it from the Market. I had a quick look and it was installed in /data/app. I moved the file to /system/app and tried to run the apk but got an error. This could be the completely wrong way to do it though :P

Guest Smeelious

I downloaded it from the Market. I had a quick look and it was installed in /data/app. I moved the file to /system/app and tried to run the apk but got an error. This could be the completely wrong way to do it though :P

try restarting after putting it in /system/app. Tends to work for stuff like that.

Edit: Setting permissions and a reboot fixed it all up :) happy camper!

Thanks

i have problem charging my acer smartphone....battery still keep on charging for whole day but it still showing the same charging percentage...i did wipe battery stat b4 i restore the t&l i backp up earlier...pls help

Guest kramkandy

i have problem charging my acer smartphone....battery still keep on charging for whole day but it still showing the same charging percentage...i did wipe battery stat b4 i restore the t&l i backp up earlier...pls help

I have a similar issue where it will only charge to 66% but if i reboot the phone it will go to 97% but never 100%

Doesnt worry me too much but any ideas on how to fix would be helpfull

Thanks

Guest Smeelious

I have a similar issue where it will only charge to 66% but if i reboot the phone it will go to 97% but never 100%

Doesnt worry me too much but any ideas on how to fix would be helpfull

Thanks

I only have the issue when I use Acer's charger. Plugging it into a computer always gets me 100%.