[ROM 2.3.6] t&l Metal

Guest lgcmn

i have problem charging my acer smartphone....battery still keep on charging for whole day but it still showing the same charging percentage...i did wipe battery stat b4 i restore the t&l i backp up earlier...pls help

What happens after a reboot? Does the % change?

I have a similar issue where it will only charge to 66% but if i reboot the phone it will go to 97% but never 100%

Doesnt worry me too much but any ideas on how to fix would be helpfull

Thanks

It doesn't matter at all. IIRC the phone stops charging before 100% to stop the battery being worn out (or something like that) so even if it says 100% it isn't really at 100%.

I only have the issue when I use Acer's charger. Plugging it into a computer always gets me 100%.

Yeah, if I reboot mine after charging to 97% and plug it in again it'll go to 100% but drop to 97/98% fairly quickly.

Guest JungleNoli

Hmmm, I was keen to try out some 'proper' games now I've got the more liquid metal. One thing I noticed was that when I went to try 'Cordy' that I couldn't down install via android.market.com nor even find it via market on the phone. I get told that my Liq Metal doesn't support it (I have the AOSP version of t&l if it makes a difference). Went to Cordy website (http://cordythegame.com/?page_id=7) and it says minimum specs are:

Android 2.2

ARMv7 CPU

OpenGL ES 2.0

All of which the Liq Metal has.... so why no work?

Anyone else got it to work / not work?

Not sure why it's not showing in the Market.

Try download the APK from somewhere and see if it works. If not maybe there will be an error log what might help ascertain why it's incompatible.

Guest mikelete
Not sure why it's not showing in the Market. Try download the APK from somewhere and see if it works. If not maybe there will be an error log what might help ascertain why it's incompatible.

I don't think it's a Market problem, because I looked it up on Getjar (alternative market) and the game was there, but when I selected the device, Acer Liquid Metal, and did the serach again, it wasn't there anymore :/ You should give a try to the APK if you find it, though.

What happens after a reboot? Does the % change?

It doesn't matter at all. IIRC the phone stops charging before 100% to stop the battery being worn out (or something like that) so even if it says 100% it isn't really at 100%.

Yeah, if I reboot mine after charging to 97% and plug it in again it'll go to 100% but drop to 97/98% fairly quickly.

yeah...reboot does make the % change till 100%..sometimes have to plug in the cable again then it will continue charging...but after a while % never increases...izzit a bug or wat?

Guest JungleNoli

Not sure why it's not showing in the Market.

Try download the APK from somewhere and see if it works. If not maybe there will be an error log what might help ascertain why it's incompatible.

Thanks k0zmic & mikelete. Haven't gotten hold of apk files for a while but can't believe how easy it is! No need to torrent or usenet - they're directly available from websites like apktop.com

Well got it and it worked - thks & nice to run something that would have wrecked my zte blade - good stuff!

Guest sjaakiespeelman

Hi

Just installed this ROM, and it's awesome.. however i'd like to know is it possible to revert back to GEN2 while on t&l metal? thanks!

what is the difference btween those two?

Guest JungleNoli

Chaps,

one other question (probably me being *very* dumb) but my screen often goes blank (to sleep mode) after a couple of mins. This is fine and I can see the relevant setting under Settings -> Display. However, when using certain apps, this still happens! For instance, Co-Pilot live satnav will keep the phone awake, as I'd want, but running CamerAlert (a speed camera detection program) on its own results in phone still going to sleep regularly.

Now having to press buttons every 2 mins when you're driving is not good for your health! It might be the app but my old ZTE Blade would just stay awake when this app was in use as well as sleep quickly when not. I know I can set screen sleep to 2 hours or whatever but I don't want to have to do that every time I want to run certain apps - that can't be the right solution... Any ideas why this is happening?

Any help much appreciated...

Guest JungleNoli

If there isn't any setting for keeping the phone awake in CamerAlert you can use this: https://market.andro...mVlbkxpdGUiXQ..

Thanks mate - will definitely give it a try. Didn't want to appear too lazy to look for an app - honestly thought I was missing some settings or if it was not working properly. Googling around, appears to be a limitation of android - how odd!

Guest JPatacas

Hi,

So, i just flashed your t&l_Metal_2.3.6_13 and i can´t find the option to change to Android UI ? What i have to do ?

Edited by JPatacas

Hi,

So, i just flashed your t&l_Metal_2.3.6_13 and i can´t find the option to change to Android UI ? What i have to do ?

there is no such option) thats why there are 2 roms, one with Acer UI and other with Android UI...

Guest whatisk

I'm not sure if it's something to do with this ROM or 2.3.6, but I don't seem to be able to uninstall just updates to apps. Am I missing something?

Cheers.

Edit: Don't mind me, I think it only does it for 'system' apps that get updated. You can roll back updates to the version that is in the system partition....

Edited by whatisk

Guest phonewidth

u need to download module "All deleted stock app" and leave in it only PicoTts.apk and TtsService.apk and flash via recovery with no sign checkwink.gif

/sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.apps.maps/testdata/voice/<your local>/voice_instructions.zip contains realistic voice in .ogg files without the street names for google navigation. When you enable the two apk you get pico in navigation.

Anybody know how to force the sdcard voice file's back on? It now plays Pico in navigation rather than the .oggs without my consent :(

At least in t&l I can toggle this by removing TtsService.apk but that is still annoying.

Android users all over the net are reporting this issue.

Also do you really need to nandroid the all deleted stock app zip? copying the files to /system/app/ seems to work, is that ok?

Edited by phonewidth

Guest phonewidth

- 800 Mhz kernel

Doesn't stock have an 800 kernel?

- All system .apk's optimized

How?

- Optimized lowmemkiller settings

What's that

.1600Mhz Boot + battery with 1% step (framework with 100 battery icons inside), thanx TechnoLover

cool

.800Mhz Boot

Is this what comes with the base t&l zip?

What are the main performance features aside from removing apps from /system/app/ ? (before you install 1600Mhz boot etc)

Edited by phonewidth

Guest Manish K Gupta

!!! Please do not mirror files, cause i'm interested in statistics. !!!:)

RОМ t&l_Metal_2.3.6_13

- Liquid Metal 4.000.13 (Baseband 03.32.01)

- HARD RESET !!!DO A BACKUP!!!

- 85 Мb (127 Мb free)

- 800 Mhz kernel

- Green theme

- Semi-transparent Acer UI

- All system .apk's optimized

- All 14 channels can be enabled in Wi-Fi advanced menu

- Yandex Maps v2.10, ES File Explorer v1.6.0.7, Link2SD v1.9.3, Quick Boot v4.1

- Adobe Flash Player deleted (if u need it, install from market)

- Modified file etc/hosts

- Market 3.3.11

- SuperUser

- Busybox

- Gingerbread Keyboard with dictionaries thanx vovkab

- and some other things)

post-685295-0-67997900-1314186268_thumb.post-685295-0-31407800-1314186322_thumb.post-685295-0-93325300-1314186079_thumb.post-685295-0-43645500-1314186081_thumb.post-685295-0-15102100-1314186337_thumb.

Hi There,

I have been trying to install this ROM but without success.

I am not able to login into the Receovery mode.

To give you a brief history, I had 2.2 Froyo on my phone. Then I somehow managed to install the 2.3.4 T&L and then updated to Gingerbred 2.3.6.

I dont know how, but my theme/ROM changed to the default Acer ROM.

Now when I want to upgrade to the 2.3.6 T&L ROM, I am not able to login into the recoevery mode.

When I press VOLup+down+Focus+Power it boots and hows a yellow triangle with a green droid

Please help. I want to get rid of all the default acer apps and want to upgrade to 2.3.6 T&L.

Please help

Manish K Gupta

Edited by Manish K Gupta

Guest phonewidth

Download this zip http://www.vftrack.com/RecoveryMT-2.2.zip extract it someware.

Plug your phone in to PC

Run install_recovery.cmd

Turn your phone into debug mode as it says

When you see

List of devices attached

There should be a number underneath if not you can manually put the phone into the right mode with Bootloader Mode

Could you edit and delete you quote it's a bit big (and it's clear what your asking).

Edited by phonewidth

Guest Manish K Gupta

Download this zip http://www.vftrack.c...overyMT-2.2.zip extract it someware.

Plug your phone in to PC

Run install_recovery.cmd

Turn your phone into debug mode as it says

When you see

List of devices attached

There should be a number underneath if not you can manually put the phone into the right mode with Bootloader Mode

Could you edit and delete you quote it's a bit big (and it's clear what your asking).

I ran the recovery.cmd multiple times and everything turns out successfully.

Then when I try to reboot by pressing VOL up+dow+focus+power it just gives me a yellow triangle and a droid

They keep staring at me till I dont remove the battery and restart the phone

Even the power option is not able to restart the phone in this situation

Please tell me how do I install the latest T&L.

or atleast root the phone so that I am able to remove the un-needed apps that acer has provided

Guest Manish K Gupta

Weh you did install CWM 3.0 instead of AmonRa 2.2, then the key combination changes to Volume Up + Focus + Power for 3.0

Did not know that one... :)

was breaking my head over it for past 2-3 weeks

Any ways the earlier link suggested by you actually worked.... and now i am a happy T&L user...

Thanks so much for the help.

Guest almighty15

This ROM will not save changes I have made.

If I install swype and enable it, It gets disabled when I power off then power back on again

It also reverts to stock wall paper when I power off then back on...

And it aint ready the battery level correctly, The value is all over the place

What gives?

Edited by almighty15