ZTE V9/Light 2.2 Update now available..

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404
That would be TomG, yes, I'm on that list. I also have the kernel working to that state. Boots, but no touchscreen and at least for me, no adb (which sucks as it means no way to get back recovery so I have to reflash everything with the hacked flasher).

Everything I've done to the kernel is available here: https://github.com/kalltkaffe/blade-kernel

But it's obvious that we do not have their version of the touchscreen. :)

Here's some stuff that may be useful to others:

• OneClickRecoveryV9.apk - Installs your latest recovery (3.0.2.8) on Gen1/Gen2 devices (detects and installs the right version)
  • OneClickStockRecoveryV9.apk - Same thing but installs the Stock recovery Gen1/Gen2 (Uses stock recovery from Swedish Telia ZTE Light (Gen1) and the V9 Generic leaked ROM (Gen2))
  • OneClickRomDump.apk - Dumps ROM on 2.2 devices without the need of rooting
  • Northern Lights RLS2 - Modified version of the stock Swedish Telia Android 2.1 ROM (Swedish site so use google translate)
  • Light Roast RLS4 - Modified version of the V9 Generic leaked ROM (Swedish site so use google translate)
  • Custom partition layouts - Two layouts that gives more space for data. One works with the leaked 2.2 and the other requires Light Roast RLS4. The changed files should ONLY be used with the other files from the leaked V9 Generic ROM.

you have been busy :unsure:

I spent a while trying to get the 2.6.29 kernel working, but the best I got was the same sort of results as you've had with the 32 source, I am hoping that we might get some new source out of ZTE soon.

I wish we could get a V9 forum on here.. Between Telia and the fact that Optus seems to be giving them away these days there is a lot of interest in the device.

Guest kallt_kaffe
you have been busy :unsure:

I spent a while trying to get the 2.6.29 kernel working, but the best I got was the same sort of results as you've had with the 32 source, I am hoping that we might get some new source out of ZTE soon.

I wish we could get a V9 forum on here.. Between Telia and the fact that Optus seems to be giving them away these days there is a lot of interest in the device.

Telia dropped the price to a third (from ~$450 to ~$150) so suddenly there is lots of V9/Light owners in Sweden.

Btw, I put the attached files from the Optus ROM into my custom ROM that is based on the Generic 2.2 ROM and it seems that the compass is finally fixed.

EDIT: Here's a dump of the stock swedish 2.1 ROM: http://www.mediafire.com/?5z88annkmawinbp

optus_compass.zip

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest Sebastian404

Yeah Optus dropped the price by the same I hear, I guess they are dumping stock before the V10, or Light++, or whatever ZTE end up calling the next one comes along.

Thanks for the rom, I'll get around to uploading it soon. I've been really busy of late at work with the run up to launch of a new release so I've not really been around much so I've got a backlog of stock roms to build/upload :unsure:

I was at io2011 this week and I did ask around, none of the guys I spoke to have heard of ZTE devices, Im not sure what happened to the 'big push into the US' that ZTE talked about back at WMC... the Blade should of been out here by now, unless they are going to wait for the skate to start.... ZTE are very infuriating at times, the lack of communication/openness is something we come to expect from much larger organizations.

Guest sane?
The Blade and the Light are very similar. In fact the V9/Light kernel boots all the way on a Blade although the screen is very distorted.

The main differences seems to be screen driver and the touchscreen. I tried AHB overclocking by hexediting the kernel but it didn't boot so I suppose there may be some difference that doesn't cope with higher AHB bus it could also be me messing up in the hexeditor.

However I'm pretty sure we can expect overclocking at the same levels as the Blade but perhaps we will have to keep the AHB bus at normal levels.

The screen driver is included in the Blade source so the display works if you enable it. However the touchscreen included with the Blade source will need some work unless ZTE comes to their senses and gives us the source.

Have pinged Optus on release of the source, since they are equally required to deliver it, having distributed the ROM themselves. They're 'looking into it'. Will chase, etc., maybe they will be in a position to get more action out of ZTE...

Good to hear there's much read across. Makes me wonder if the v9+ and Skate will share the same inards, and the v9+ is supposed to support Flash with a 1Ghz processor .....

Guest kallt_kaffe
I tried AHB overclocking by hexediting the kernel but it didn't boot so I suppose there may be some difference that doesn't cope with higher AHB bus it could also be me messing up in the hexeditor.

Seems it was me messing up in the hexeditor. Successfully overclocked AHB by 50% at the 480 and 600MHz levels and bumped my Quadrant score from 447 to 497.

Guest XeKToReX
Seems it was me messing up in the hexeditor. Successfully overclocked AHB by 50% at the 480 and 600MHz levels and bumped my Quadrant score from 447 to 497.

Very Nice, I'm loving your work mate!

I've just queried the guys on the Optus twitter about the Kernel Source, they were helpful in giving us a timeline for the froyo release, maybe they can pull some strings!

Keep up the good work, nice to know theres another pro on the case!

Guest kallt_kaffe
Is there a chance that usb host mode will be supported (like on the ZTE Blade)?

We would need the kernel source for that.

Guest XeKToReX
We would need the kernel source for that.

I Just had a response from Optus, the rep is looking into it for me today!

XeKToReX

Guest LayZeeDK

I hope that someone is able to help me with this issue: After flashing ZTE Froyo I have by accident overwritten my tablet's IMEI with the"engineering unit's IMEI. I have modified a Channel1.nvm with my own IMEI, but here's the issue. I can't figure out how to get into FTM mode. I tried holding Volume- while booting, I also tried holding Volume+ while booting, neither of these methods worked for me. Does this make sense? :unsure:

Guest kallt_kaffe
I hope that someone is able to help me with this issue: After flashing ZTE Froyo I have by accident overwritten my tablet's IMEI with the"engineering unit's IMEI. I have modified a Channel1.nvm with my own IMEI, but here's the issue. I can't figure out how to get into FTM mode. I tried holding Volume- while booting, I also tried holding Volume+ while booting, neither of these methods worked for me. Does this make sense? :unsure:

I assume you have installed Clockwork? That prevents it from showing "FTM" when you boot with volume down. However it should get "stuck" at the ZTE-logo when you do this and if you look in the device manager you will find the COM-port for the DFU interface and you can redo the 2.2 upgrade again.

Guest alpha xs

ppl,

specially you sebastian, and you 2 kk, you all in your own way's been busy, so let me say "Bravo".

It's been a while since i regullary "come here" for professionail reasons, but i'm pleased to see tha even without the 2.2 source avaiable yet, other progress it's been done!

To you all, that give your time in favor of the community "Bravo"

Guest flammm

For some reason I can only boot alphaxsMOD2.2.0.1. It's a great modded version stock firmware but I still want to be able to boot stock V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03.

Any idéas on how to fix this?

Guest KMFA

Can anyone using flash on this new rom ? I have installed Fllash player 10.3 on it but still not working. Please help ! Thanks.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Can anyone using flash on this new rom ? I have installed Fllash player 10.3 on it but still not working. Please help ! Thanks.

Flash requires a different CPU.

Guest bagitus

Got my V9 back from repair, they changed "motherboard" to my device and its back to 2.1 again... so im trying to update 2.1->2.2 like last time, but this time i get following text: (2011.5.20 14:39:58¡ª¡ªDownload armprg.bin...

2011.5.20 14:39:59¡ª¡ªDownload armprg.bin fail!

³É¹¦¹æ±ÜµÄ´ÎÊý0

ÖØ·¢³É¹¦µÄ´ÎÊý0) how i can fix this?

Guest zteoptususer
A Couple of People have asked me now so here are some more involved instuctions:

1) download the two files from the first post

2) unrar both files to a temporary directory

3) install the Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program

4) download this PATCHED exe (thanks to mrradmir) and place it into the directory you installed MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01

5) run Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program and at the bottom left point it at the location you unrared the larger file

6) remove the usb cable and the battery from your device, wait 10 seconds, put it the battery back in.

7) holding down VOL UP + VOL DOWN press the power button, you will see the power LED flash once

8) now connect the USB cable to your PC

9) using hardware manager find the port for your device and set it in Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01's setting (read the DOC file for more info)

10) at the bottom of the application under 'File Information' press SW Directory and browse to the 'V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03(offical)' directory

11) in Action Mode tick the 'Backup NV' box and then Press 'Start All'

12) you should find a file called 'Channel1.nvm' in the program directory, take a copy of that

13) back in Action Mode tick the 'Download' box and Press 'Start All' again

14) wait

15) pray

I should mention that using this method, I've managed to get my v9 working again, even tho I screwed it first time around :P

EDIT:

Some people have reported better results from re-installing a STOCK ROM and then rebooting the device into FTM mode, rather than the method mentioed in step 7... you might want to give that go

hi, my mom just bought this zte optus v9 phone and I'm from the Philippines, can't seem to open the android 2.2 upgrade page, and this thread helped me a lot! But, I got a problem. when I installed the Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program, it crashed. then when I opened it again it keeps showing me this message: "Error decompressing temporary files C:/temp full or files write-protected. I tried everything I knew, from emptying the C:/windows/temp folder, to unchecking the read-only box from the properties. I can't go on with the installation because of this problem. I'm not a techy, so I really dont know much about this. I'm just following instructions. Do tell me what I can do to fix this. :rolleyes: I'm really struggling with my pad's current OS.

Guest forforum
hi, my mom just bought this zte optus v9 phone and I'm from the Philippines, can't seem to open the android 2.2 upgrade page, and this thread helped me a lot! But, I got a problem. when I installed the Sales_MultiDL_MSM7227_V1.00.01 program, it crashed. then when I opened it again it keeps showing me this message: "Error decompressing temporary files C:/temp full or files write-protected. I tried everything I knew, from emptying the C:/windows/temp folder, to unchecking the read-only box from the properties. I can't go on with the installation because of this problem. I'm not a techy, so I really dont know much about this. I'm just following instructions. Do tell me what I can do to fix this. :P I'm really struggling with my pad's current OS.

Are you using Windows 7? If yes, please make sure you right click on the exe file and choose Run As Administrator.

Guest sneakytoiletroll

Hi All,

I successfully used the two files and updated my Telecom V9 ZTE from 2.1 to the generic 2.2 but have now lost the 850mhz frequency - any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Guest sneakytoiletroll
Hi All,

I successfully used the two files and updated my Telecom V9 ZTE from 2.1 to the generic 2.2 but have now lost the 850mhz frequency - any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

That's Telecom New Zealand BTW