12 Sep Hr9: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer with Online Kitchen (Android 3.2)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Kasimodo

@Paul

Hey, thank you Paul for this new release (downloading) :rolleyes:

But... do you have a job? :)

And thank you in advance for the next with OpenVPN binary...

Is there a way to have 3G dongle working as for A500 Tab? It will be wonderfuuuuull

Best regards,

Kasi

The annoying crashes of the browser eg when you browse to modaco are still there ...

Have you tried with another browser? Dolphin HD is a very good one

Edited by Kasimodo

Guest redmongoose
Yeah, adding OpenVPN is a good call, i'll put it in the next build!

P

Thanks for an update to the ROM

OpenVPN would be a great addition - works very well with my privateinternetaccess :)

Guest LainX

Thanks Paul for HR8 :)

A little question about new recovery: what's its behaviour?

I mean, it deletes files inside internal sdcard when wipe or data in it is safe like the solarnz modified version (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1093818).

If the answer is the first option I strongly suggest to use solarnz's way, since internal sdcard memory on tablets is used to store photo, video, music, programs settings, etc.

Thanks a lot

Guest Involver

I'll be going for it this weekend ;-) ... and will try dolphin browser as suggested, have it on my O2x anyway!

@paul: do you think it's possible to add support for usb-ethernet adapters? Would be great to get cabled ethernet on the TF so I can use it at the office without restrictions... I'm using this one on other systems Startech USB-Ethernet to add extra ethernet and it works great. Also fits the TF perfectly... but sadly it doesn't work out of the box

Thanks Paul for HR8 :)

A little question about new recovery: what's its behaviour?

I mean, it deletes files inside internal sdcard when wipe or data in it is safe like the solarnz modified version (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1093818).

If the answer is the first option I strongly suggest to use solarnz's way, since internal sdcard memory on tablets is used to store photo, video, music, programs settings, etc.

Thanks a lot

Yes, it deletes files on internalsd. I'll look into changing it to not wipe the internal media.

P

I'll be going for it this weekend ;-) ... and will try dolphin browser as suggested, have it on my O2x anyway!

@paul: do you think it's possible to add support for usb-ethernet adapters? Would be great to get cabled ethernet on the TF so I can use it at the office without restrictions... I'm using this one on other systems Startech USB-Ethernet to add extra ethernet and it works great. Also fits the TF perfectly... but sadly it doesn't work out of the box

Hmmm, I have no experience of these... anyone else?

P

Guest 3sade

Great job Paul!

Just one question for you all, is this MCR Kernel overclockable? Can I use any kernel with it or can you suggest one? Thanks! :)

Guest Involver
Hmmm, I have no experience of these... anyone else?

P

Well, it has linux drivers, do you think you can do something with those? Heck, I'll even buy you one if you'd like to give it a try :)

Here's the link Linux drivers !

I sent you a PM, it looks like we can at least try a kernel with support for this built in...

P

Well, it has linux drivers, do you think you can do something with those? Heck, I'll even buy you one if you'd like to give it a try :)

Here's the link Linux drivers !

Actually, here's the driver as a loadable module - http://cl.ly/1N1L0c103g0Q2A061a3M

Push it to /data/local, then via ADB or a terminal do 'insmod /data/local/mcs7830.ko'.

It it works, I imagine you'll see your USB interface in 'busybox ifconfig'.

P

Guest Involver
Actually, here's the driver as a loadable module - http://cl.ly/1N1L0c103g0Q2A061a3M

Push it to /data/local, then via ADB or a terminal do 'insmod /data/local/mcs7830.ko'.

P

Well... after my laptop decided to do the biggest update ever (3 hours of updates reboots and I don't know WHAT else it did - gawd I HATE VISTA) I finally started the root->8445 update as per instructions in your other post... All is well up until flashing the update.zip from recovery... The SD card cannot be mounted :)

Tried everything, format the card (fat16/fat32), tried a differnt card, nothing helps... Damn and I thought I'd be done in an hour... any thoughts why the card won't mount in recovery?

Well... after my laptop decided to do the biggest update ever (3 hours of updates reboots and I don't know WHAT else it did - gawd I HATE VISTA) I finally started the root->8445 update as per instructions in your other post... All is well up until flashing the update.zip from recovery... The SD card cannot be mounted :)

Tried everything, format the card (fat16/fat32), tried a differnt card, nothing helps... Damn and I thought I'd be done in an hour... any thoughts why the card won't mount in recovery?

Try formatting it using rom manager - it sorted my card out.

Guest Involver
Try formatting it using rom manager - it sorted my card out.

I'm frustrated as hell... after downgrading everything FC's on my eepad, so cant even acces the market to get rom manager.... aargh... I'll sleep on it before I break my window (and eeepad)...

Guest Involver
I'm frustrated as hell... after downgrading everything FC's on my eepad, so cant even acces the market to get rom manager.... aargh... I'll sleep on it before I break my window (and eeepad)...

... OK... windows are safe (as is the eeepad).... Don't ask me, but after the 600th reboot and format of any of my 4 SD cards... result! It's writing the update now... thank god I can go to sleep now... if it works that is...

Guest LainX
Yes, it deletes files on internalsd. I'll look into changing it to not wipe the internal media.

P

Thanks a lot Paul, waiting for updated recovery before wipe and install hr8 :rolleyes:

I suggest to use the same approach of xda:

Recovery doesn't touch internalsd by default.

If you want to wipe it (for example if files on the internalsd have become corrupt), you just have to place a blank file called "eraseData" on your external sdcard.

This makes the recovery work in standard mode and all data on internalsd are deleted.

:)

Guest Involver

P

Ok, module is installed. By default the interface is down, ifconfig eth0 up results in the interface being seen but only ipv6 stack? I'll try later today when I get back home. But for now I think the driver is working!

Guest TW1954
Thanks a lot Paul, waiting for updated recovery before wipe and install hr8 :rolleyes:

I suggest to use the same approach of xda:

Recovery doesn't touch internalsd by default.

If you want to wipe it (for example if files on the internalsd have become corrupt), you just have to place a blank file called "eraseData" on your external sdcard.

This makes the recovery work in standard mode and all data on internalsd are deleted.

:)

Could we flash the Solarnz version of CWM over HR8 to regain the ability to load ROM updates without loosing the contents of the internal storage?

Thanks

Trevor

Guest LainX
Could we flash the Solarnz version of CWM over HR8 to regain the ability to load ROM updates without loosing the contents of the internal storage?

Thanks

Trevor

I think you can...

I'd like to have a modified version of Paul's recovery since it's newer (4.0.0.5 vs 3.1.0.1 by solarnz)

Edited by LainX

Guest Involver
Ooh, sounds promising at least! :rolleyes:

P

Well it works, but the mod don't stick after reboot, how do I make it so that it loads after reboot? Oh and it's becoming really...really... annoying that ANY browser just quits on the Modaco website... I mean, any site I can handle, but not this one :)

Guest ukusha

Hi Paul great ROM i just bought access to the kitchen and cooked HR8. I have the problem that all apps related to books are crashing : MyBooks,MyLibrary,Google Books.

Is this a known problem ? Any fixes ? Please help i miss my books

Thanks.

Tom

Guest mysticc

@Paul (not Roach from Prime as written before .. sorry)

Any plans of providing a NV-Flash-version of your Custom Rom?

Really like the easy cake putting a Rom on T this way without having to fiddle around getting root and CWM before.

Edited by mysticc