[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

Guest the_corvus

Guest Genieuk

I've just installed Corvus5 over VegaComb using CWM recovery.

Now I want install the SP1.

I go to ROM Manager so I can flash the SP1, I select Reboot into Recovery, it juts reboots normally, rather than booting into recovery.

Is there something I'm missing?

edit: ignore me, got it sorted. Had to flash recovery again from ROM Manager. Seemed to have worked now.

Edited by Genieuk

Guest Sillothian

Anybody else had a problem with the new version of Flash (10.3.185.23) on Corvus5 SP1? Nearly all the videos I play in full screen start to skip frames after a couple of seconds and the audio goes out of sync.

I've gone back to the Modaco R8 rom and Flash 10.3.185.23 works fine. I'll probably stick with that setup until Vegacomb gets full Flash support ;)

Guest premieral
Can any body tell me how to install sp1 Many Thanks.

Install from zip in clockworkmod same as when you install a rom , dont wipe data though ;)

Guest Rob Watson

Just installed corvus5 for the first time after running Vegacomb for the past couple of weeks

I have to say that speed and stability wise it is very impressive.

;)

Guest MikhailM
Anybody else had a problem with the new version of Flash (10.3.185.23) on Corvus5 SP1? Nearly all the videos I play in full screen start to skip frames after a couple of seconds and the audio goes out of sync.

I've gone back to the Modaco R8 rom and Flash 10.3.185.23 works fine. I'll probably stick with that setup until Vegacomb gets full Flash support ;)

Flash 10.3 works on VegaComb. If you install Vegacomb after clean installing Stock rom 1.10 and set up WiFi, Gmail and Market, then open the Web Brouser, it will suggest you install Flash 10.3. Accept, install it and you have working flash on your VegaComb Vega.

MikhailM

Guest ThomasAstor

I installed Corvus5 and tried it for the last few days. It did worked well until this morning, when ADW disappeared with all widgets. I re-installed it via Titanium, but still not smooth. I thought about what I did yesterday. Tried VLT. Did not like it because of its border and switch back to ADW.

Tried to play a backgammon game and it faded and froze. Tried again, same results. Power down and power on again this morning. Since I removed VLT, but still not right. Some of the app wont appear in the widgets folder. I had to reinstall them manually .

Any reasons for that, apart maybe a conflict between launchers?

Could the fact of using many widgets slow down a launcher? Seems fine with ADW.

Thanks

Guest beegee1962
I installed Corvus5 and tried it for the last few days. It did worked well until this morning, when ADW disappeared with all widgets. I re-installed it via Titanium, but still not smooth. I thought about what I did yesterday. Tried VLT. Did not like it because of its border and switch back to ADW.

Tried to play a backgammon game and it faded and froze. Tried again, same results. Power down and power on again this morning. Since I removed VLT, but still not right. Some of the app wont appear in the widgets folder. I had to reinstall them manually .

Any reasons for that, apart maybe a conflict between launchers?

Could the fact of using many widgets slow down a launcher? Seems fine with ADW.

Thanks

VTL is based on AWD, maybe that's the reason for your ADW launcher problem after installing VTL. But it does not explain your other problems.

Btw. the borders left and right in VTL can be removed in the settings. I love VTL because the dock is on the bottom and not left as with other launchers.

Just my 2 cents on Corvus5 and SP1 ... :P ..

i couldnt see any improvements (maybe someone could post a little more detailled changelog??) after flashing SP1 (apart from the working mouse/game mode switcher (no need manually copy the appropriate libsurfaceflinger.so)).

Also had the "Low Smartbench Score" problem some users already mentioned (with standard 1GHz).

So just took the gamemodeswitcher.apk and put it into the system folder of my existing Corvus5 version.

Superfast, stable, easy and everything else you could ask for ... ;)

Works like a charm.... maybe helpful for some people that also where struggeling with the mouse/game issue.

THX again Corvus&Newbe for this masterpiece (cant be mentioned too often ...:-) )

(vegacomb also great but a little laggy and the flash issue..but we all know and are looking forward what the "wizards" will present in the future :D )

kind regards ...

znip

Guest MikhailM
Just installed corvus5 for the first time after running Vegacomb for the past couple of weeks

I have to say that speed and stability wise it is very impressive.

;)

Has anyone else had the very minor problem of the lock screed and All Apps screens not rotating? All other application screens rotate fast and precisely, but not the two start-up screens. Not a real problem obviously, just wondered.

MikhailM

Guest Rob Watson

I have just recently flashed corvus and it was working fine until I have just tried to turn it on. The boot screen comes up then flashes on and off a few times before it switches off.

First time I have had Vega problem having run r8 and vegacomb. Run corvus for a few days but now I am stuck. Can anyone help please ;)

Guest MikhailM
I have just recently flashed corvus and it was working fine until I have just tried to turn it on. The boot screen comes up then flashes on and off a few times before it switches off.

First time I have had Vega problem having run r8 and vegacomb. Run corvus for a few days but now I am stuck. Can anyone help please ;)

Did you do a clean installation when flashing Corvus 5? (deleting data and cashe before flashing).Did you flash SP1? Have you installed any other add-ons like the Honeycomb lock screen? Or played arround with CPU settings and set it in an unfortunate combination?

The simple solution is always to go back and reflash the stock rom 1.10, then Corvus 5 and SP1. Then re-install the apps you need one by one and testing how the Vega continues to work.

MikhailM.

Guest MikhailM
Cheers for the replys, I shall download the quick settings app and give that a go.

The screen button is in the unlocked position, its only on the standard home screen when it is stuck in landscape and with launcer pro installed its stuck in portrait. When using either home screen, if I run an app i.e browser then the screen then behaves correctly ;)

This appears to be a feature of Corvus 5. The initial lock screen/home screen and all appls screens do not rotate. All other screens and applications do rotate and much faster than in VegaComb, except one or two programmes (some Chess and Checkers games) which work only in Portrait, but that is a feature of the particular applications.

If anyone knows how to make the home screen and all apps screens rotate, I would like to know, but overall, this is a pretty minor point, given all the other superiority of Corvus 5 and SP1!

MikhailM.

Guest lambrettalad
but overall, this is a pretty minor point, given all the other superiority of Corvus 5 and SP1!

I agree, it was more of a query about the way that Corvus operates or if mine was not working correctly.

Guest Rob Watson
Did you do a clean installation when flashing Corvus 5? (deleting data and cashe before flashing).Did you flash SP1? Have you installed any other add-ons like the Honeycomb lock screen? Or played arround with CPU settings and set it in an unfortunate combination?

The simple solution is always to go back and reflash the stock rom 1.10, then Corvus 5 and SP1. Then re-install the apps you need one by one and testing how the Vega continues to work.

MikhailM.

Yes i will have to go back flash stock rom and start again

Thanks

My Home screen rotates properly with ADW and VTL Launchers. There is a setting in the launcher to check as far as I can remember as well as the lock screen switch and rotate widget.

Guest lambrettalad
My Home screen rotates properly with ADW and VTL Launchers. There is a setting in the launcher to check as far as I can remember as well as the lock screen switch and rotate widget.

Ive installed VTL Launcher and that is working as expected ;)

Guest IaMHcG

Hi, I have a question. Hope it's not too stupid.

Can anyone please tell me what version of stock ROM corvus5 was based on? I thought it was Advent vega stock rom V1.09, but I am not so sure.

Thanks

Guest beegee1962
Hi, I have a question. Hope it's not too stupid.

Can anyone please tell me what version of stock ROM corvus5 was based on? I thought it was Advent vega stock rom V1.09, but I am not so sure.

Thanks

As far as I know its an AOSP ROM build from the source.

Guest mxbob

Back on this ROM again

Seems to be the one I keep coming back too

I think in terms of speed, stability and features it’s the best about

Feels weird being back on the 2.2 browser after using the honeycomb one but its lovely having flash again

Guest DrScouse

Had my Vega 5 days now, and loving it, thanks to the Roms, particularly this one.. well done!!!

A couple of Q's...

Updated Clockwork Recovery to 3.0.2.4 (this still shows as 2.5.1.4 in ROM manager, but it is updated)

Removed Paul's Recovery Tool

Added ROM Manager (this can reboot you into recovery, so no need for 2 tools)

ROM Manager says v3.0.2.0 and says ClockWorkMod recovery must be installed....? Although if I run recovery, it does launch the above version, just doesnt show up in Rom Manager...

Removed Phone related APK's (Battery AHOY! This should increase battery life significantly, definately has for me!. This files can be added again using 3gFiles.zip attached)

I still have a phone app listed, and the right hand dock on main desktop also has access to a phone app... I assumed from your statement that all phone related apps had been removed??

How can I change this back to the wifi icon, find that much more useful...?

Have I done something wrong?? I restored to stock rom, cleared both caches installed rom, then applied the update...

Cheers

Edited by DrScouse

Guest gianfrancovialli10

I bought an advent vega off ebay last week but whenever I play a flash video, a flickering line can be seen across the screen. Thinking this was ROM related, i changed from r8 to Corvus5 but the issue still persists.

Does anyone else suffer from this problem or do you think I have been sold a faulty unit?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my query.

Edited by gianfrancovialli10

Guest simonta
I bought an advent vega off ebay last week but whenever I play a flash video, a flickering line can be seen across the screen. Thinking this was ROM related, i changed from r8 to Corvus5 but the issue still persists.

Does anyone else suffer from this problem or do you think I have been sold a faulty unit?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my query.

Please don't ask questions in multiple places, it's bad manners. Thank you.

Guest andrew531

Ive just installed Corvus 5 with Honeycomb theme. I love it and have had no issues apart from the fact that my G sensor doesnt seem to be working properly. When I am playing doodlejump the little man does the opposite of what I want him too! This used to happen on Modaco R8 rom but I could tick the G Sensor box in the settings and it would be fine. The problem is that Corvus5 doesnt appear to have that.

From what I have read this is apparently built into this ROM but it isnt working for me. Is there a setting somewhere else that I can check to make it work? I read something about a MOUSE/GAME adjuster setting but I cant find that either (not even sure if that will help)

thanks for any help everyone.

Guest premieral
Ive just installed Corvus 5 with Honeycomb theme. I love it and have had no issues apart from the fact that my G sensor doesnt seem to be working properly. When I am playing doodlejump the little man does the opposite of what I want him too! This used to happen on Modaco R8 rom but I could tick the G Sensor box in the settings and it would be fine. The problem is that Corvus5 doesnt appear to have that.

From what I have read this is apparently built into this ROM but it isnt working for me. Is there a setting somewhere else that I can check to make it work? I read something about a MOUSE/GAME adjuster setting but I cant find that either (not even sure if that will help)

thanks for any help everyone.

press and hold on home screen and options box will pop up, select add widget and choose the auto rotate widget its all in the first page of the corvus 5.

then when playing games press this widget first it will go dim to show it is effective,

this will fix teh accelerometer so it works properly.

the mouse game adjuster you refer to is just an app to run a script that reboots the tablet. it is automatically in game mode but you need to use the widget to switch the accelerometer fix on.