[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

Guest the_corvus

Guest HypoTurtle
How do you go into recovery mode??

Simplist way that definately works is through ROM Manager, there may also be an option in the power menu (long hold power (2-3 secs); reboot->recovery)

I just got an Advent Vega, and have to say I'm pretty impressed with how well it handles out of the box.

However after reading all the threads here about how this ROM improves the device I am installing it now. (Thanks :blink: )

I have just one question though; the stock ROM had some automatic update feature, is this included with this ROM?

I don't believe so but it doesn't really do anything as far as I recall.

Guest geoyakult
Simplist way that definately works is through ROM Manager, there may also be an option in the power menu (long hold power (2-3 secs); reboot->recovery)

I don't believe so but it doesn't really do anything as far as I recall.

When i use the ROM manager option it'll reboot and hangs at that android robot out of the box screen. Nothing else happens. Is my clockworkmod not working?

If so, how do i go about deleting/reinstallling clockworkmod to boot into recovery mode and install roms.

Cheers

Guest HypoTurtle
When i use the ROM manager option it'll reboot and hangs at that android robot out of the box screen. Nothing else happens. Is my clockworkmod not working?

If so, how do i go about deleting/reinstallling clockworkmod to boot into recovery mode and install roms.

Cheers

I believe it does that when CWM hasn't been installed, just select Flash CwM Recovery at the top, select Advent Vega, and it should work fine.

Guest luckyluca

If I wanted to install the corvus5sp1 rom from scratch, is this the correct order to follow?<br>

So as far as I understand I would need to do the following steps, please

correct if I'm wrong or if I need additional steps for this.<br>

<br>

1) install AUDI and select stockrom usb drivers<br>

2) install the modified stock rom 1.10 (just copying the zip to the sdcard)<br>

3) in AUDI change to modaco custom rom usb drivers<br>

4) install corvus5 (just copying the zip to the sdcard)<br>

5) install corvus5SP1 (just copying the zip to the sdcard)<br>

6) tadam!<br>

<br>and what about the clockwork mod? where does it fit in this list? :blink:<br>lots of confusion eheheh<br>

Edited by luckyluca

Guest geoyakult
I believe it does that when CWM hasn't been installed, just select Flash CwM Recovery at the top, select Advent Vega, and it should work fine.

cheers for your help - managed to work it all out with your help and now i've got the update SP1 installed.

Guest MikhailM

Newbe 5 and other experts,

Is there a way of exporting/transfering the Floating leaves live wallpaper from Corvus 5 + SP1 to Vegacomb 1.7?

I have transfered to the excellent VC 1.7 (from a great Corvus 5+SP1 !!!), but miss my floating leaves!

MikhailM

Guest luckyluca

I'm getting some apps errors with corvus5 sp1, the most reproducible is, under settings, under about device, if you press status it crashes the application all the time.

Does it happen to you too?

L

Guest MikhailM

I'm getting some apps errors with corvus5 sp1, the most reproducible is, under settings, under about device, if you press status it crashes the application all the time.

Does it happen to you too?

L

Yes, Luckyluca,

With a Corvus 5 SP1 setup I get a FC when pressing Status under Settings, About Device. No other errors in apps noticed. works fast and reliably with all the apps I use. The only specific feature I noticed previously is that the screen does not rotate in the Lock Screen, Home and All Apps screens.

MikhailM.

Guest Katsunami

Yes, Luckyluca,

With a Corvus 5 SP1 setup I get a FC when pressing Status under Settings, About Device. No other errors in apps noticed. works fast and reliably with all the apps I use. The only specific feature I noticed previously is that the screen does not rotate in the Lock Screen, Home and All Apps screens.

MikhailM.

The crash of the Settings app is normal for Corvus5. Selecting "Status" normally connects to the phone applications to get some stuff from them, but they don't exist in Corvus5 anymore. Therefore the Settings app goes belly up. (Removing these phone apps saves a huge amount of battery power.)

Guest Djpuk

Hi all,

I have been running Corvus5 SP1 now for some time and now I have tried it I find I am having problems when using my USB keyboard. Mouse seems absolutely fine but when I connect a KB as soon as I press any key it just gets stuck on repeating multiple times, I have to unplug it to stop it.

I have tried searching but cannot see another post with this issue, has anybody else seen this behaviour at all?

TIA

Dave

Guest tradeout

I am having some trouble installing SP1.

I start by doing a fresh install of 1.10 stock image then install CORVUS5 no problem.

When I then try to reboot in recovery to install SP1 it just hangs with the box and orange arrow.

Should I installl CWM after installing CORVUS5 or should the built in version of CWM work?

Guest MikhailM

I am having some trouble installing SP1.

I start by doing a fresh install of 1.10 stock image then install CORVUS5 no problem.

When I then try to reboot in recovery to install SP1 it just hangs with the box and orange arrow.

Should I installl CWM after installing CORVUS5 or should the built in version of CWM work?

Download Rom Manager and run the Clockworkmod flash. Then use it to go into Recovery mode and install SP1. I tend to clear data, cache and Dalvik at each flash (both Corvus 5 and then SP1, but this may not be absolutely necessary.

MikhailM.

hi guys

i have installed corvus 5 which im most impressed with :D , but i cant get sp1 to load ,

ive tried all the walk throughs but to no avail , can anyone help please

thanks

tat1

Guest simonta

hi guys

i have installed corvus 5 which im most impressed with :D , but i cant get sp1 to load ,

ive tried all the walk throughs but to no avail , can anyone help please

thanks

tat1

I mean this in a nice way...

Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh

Why tell us you have a problem, and then not tell us what the problem is?

"but i cant get sp1 to load"

Why? What are you doing? What happens?

I mean this in a nice way...

Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh

Why tell us you have a problem, and then not tell us what the problem is?

"but i cant get sp1 to load"

Why? What are you doing? What happens?

sorry guys im a total noobie to this

i have installed corvus 5 but i cant get sp1 installed

i have tried with rom manager which says i have cwm 2.5.1.4 installed

when i try to boot into recovery it just hangs , small box with orange arrow & sticks there

i cant get it int recovery mode with the norm hardware buttons , should i start from scratch again or is there any other options

thanks

tat1

Guest simonta

sorry guys im a total noobie to this

i have installed corvus 5 but i cant get sp1 installed

i have tried with rom manager which says i have cwm 2.5.1.4 installed

when i try to boot into recovery it just hangs , small box with orange arrow & sticks there

i cant get it int recovery mode with the norm hardware buttons , should i start from scratch again or is there any other options

thanks

tat1

Forget ROM manager. It's flakey on the Vega - seen loads of people having similar issues after using it.

Search on the forum for clockworkmod easy installer to reinstall clockwork. Then, the recovery app should work fine.

NB. You cannot get into clockworkmod using hardware buttons which means that your Vega must be bootable to get to it. If you can't boot, and cannot fix the problem, then flashing via recovery is your only option. Wise folks who mod their Vegas keep backups ;)

Guest Andy GG

Can I just confirm that Corvus5 SP1 has links to the non existent phone application e.g. on right hand side of the home screen?

This is a little confusing as in the first post it says:

"Removed Phone related APK's (Battery AHOY! This should increase battery life significantly, definitely has for me!. This files can be added again using 3gFiles.zip attached)"

Thanks for your help with this.

Forget ROM manager. It's flakey on the Vega - seen loads of people having similar issues after using it.

Search on the forum for clockworkmod easy installer to reinstall clockwork. Then, the recovery app should work fine.

NB. You cannot get into clockworkmod using hardware buttons which means that your Vega must be bootable to get to it. If you can't boot, and cannot fix the problem, then flashing via recovery is your only option. Wise folks who mod their Vegas keep backups ;)

thanks m8 , started from scratch again & got it going without

any probs

cheers

tat1

Guest CjFox

Hello Everyone,

I've registerred here hoping that you all can help me. I own an Advent Vega tablet and because of her seeing it, my Mum bought one too. Firstly, I used the Modaco ROM (Release 8 - which worked wonderfully by the way) and then moved on to Corvus5 and then Corvus5 SP1 on my tablet.

This went fine. I used the easy install for Clockword Mod on an old Windows XP Laptop (I don't have easy access to this unfortunately anymore) and installed Corvus5.

After the success with it, I recommended it to my Mum and said I could get it installed on her tablet for her easily.

I installed the modified stock ROM so as to get Clockwork Mod on the tablet without needing to resort to trying to get the XP laptop back.

I downloaded Corvus5 and its SP1 updater in ZIP format and confirmed both MD5 sums and that all were clear of viruses etc.

Booting into Clockwork Mod, I wiped the partition/factory reset, cleared the caches and Dalvik cache as I did previously. I then installed from the ZIP file (on the root of the 8GB Micro SD card I bought for her to use). The install went okay and I then rebooted to confirm if the install was a success.

On reboot, all I get is the 2 penguins in the top left corner and nothing else. This remains on the screen infinitely. It's been left for over 10 minutes and no change. Reboots have also failed to resolve this.

I have downloaded new copies of Corvus5 and also used the copy I used on my own tablet, but each to no avail. It will always stick in the same place. I've tried installing Corvus5 and then immediately SP1 without a reboot to no avail.

I've returned to the modded stock ROM and used Clockwork Mod to install Modaco R8 once again on the device, just to make sure it was still responding. Modaco installed perfectly fine and is usable, but again, Corvus5 refuses to boot up properly.

At this current time, I am feeling quite awful that I've been unable to help get my Mum on Corvus5, so I am wondering if you could help me please.

If I have posted this in the incorrect thread, I duly apologise. I've had a good rummage around the Modaco forums and read all 33 pages of this thread, but cannot for the life of me find an answer.

With Thanks,

Guest simonta

Hello Everyone,

I've registerred here hoping that you all can help me. I own an Advent Vega tablet and because of her seeing it, my Mum bought one too. Firstly, I used the Modaco ROM (Release 8 - which worked wonderfully by the way) and then moved on to Corvus5 and then Corvus5 SP1 on my tablet.

This went fine. I used the easy install for Clockword Mod on an old Windows XP Laptop (I don't have easy access to this unfortunately anymore) and installed Corvus5.

After the success with it, I recommended it to my Mum and said I could get it installed on her tablet for her easily.

I installed the modified stock ROM so as to get Clockwork Mod on the tablet without needing to resort to trying to get the XP laptop back.

I downloaded Corvus5 and its SP1 updater in ZIP format and confirmed both MD5 sums and that all were clear of viruses etc.

Booting into Clockwork Mod, I wiped the partition/factory reset, cleared the caches and Dalvik cache as I did previously. I then installed from the ZIP file (on the root of the 8GB Micro SD card I bought for her to use). The install went okay and I then rebooted to confirm if the install was a success.

On reboot, all I get is the 2 penguins in the top left corner and nothing else. This remains on the screen infinitely. It's been left for over 10 minutes and no change. Reboots have also failed to resolve this.

I have downloaded new copies of Corvus5 and also used the copy I used on my own tablet, but each to no avail. It will always stick in the same place. I've tried installing Corvus5 and then immediately SP1 without a reboot to no avail.

I've returned to the modded stock ROM and used Clockwork Mod to install Modaco R8 once again on the device, just to make sure it was still responding. Modaco installed perfectly fine and is usable, but again, Corvus5 refuses to boot up properly.

At this current time, I am feeling quite awful that I've been unable to help get my Mum on Corvus5, so I am wondering if you could help me please.

If I have posted this in the incorrect thread, I duly apologise. I've had a good rummage around the Modaco forums and read all 33 pages of this thread, but cannot for the life of me find an answer.

With Thanks,

Try formatting the sdcard from Clockwork.

Edited by simonta

Guest arnookie

NEW in Corvus5 SP1

So, a little quiet on the VegaComb front right now, still have some stuff in the works, but I thought it was high time I took a quick break and spent a little time pushing out a small (but good) update to Corvus5. I know a lot of people use Corvus5 as their fall-back ROM while VegaComb is still in the works, and so I thought I should try and show it a little love too (since I really like this ROM, and it's FAST!).

I didn't want to make too many huge changes, as Corvus5 has a good history of being a stable, fast and extremely reliable ROM, and felt that too much tweaking might risk what we already have. So, the changes are as follows:

Added latest nVidia frameworks, and updated some libs to the latest versions to try and work out a couple of kinks.

Fixed the 50% audio issue, volume should now increase correctly up to 100% (and not stop increasing at 50%). This won't actually make the max volume and louder, but it makes the slider work correctly.

Added the brilliant Host/Slave mode indicator to the ROM as standard (made by simonta and pbtw I believe) which has been GRID themed by me to fit in with the ROM.

Added a brand new Game/Mouse mode indicator/switcher (made by the talented ptbw especially for Corvus5). This is a great tool and allows you to easily switch between "Game" (accelerometer) mode and "Mouse" (erm... Mouse) modes. The two modes have to be separate due to the way that the libraries within the ROM work, but now you can easily switch Corvus5 into a mode which works perfectly for mouse support, and back again for playing games such as SpeedX. This tool will reboot your Vega for you, so if you are switching to Mouse mode, remember to hold BACK after the app reboots the device to make sure it boots up in HOST mode for connecting the mouse :)

Kernel has been updated to the current VegaComb stable Kernel (based on CorvusKernel 0.2). This brings with it Xpad support, removal of the Blue light of DOOM, and 1.5ghz overclock (but the standard is 1ghz, not 1.5 as with the bug in the 0.2 kernel). It also has the fixed memory management patch which comes with the Vegacomb kernel, to make things just that bit sweeter, and hopefully speedier.

No more need for a manual SetCPU file, available overclock speeds should be automatically detected by any decent overclock application, such as SetCPU, CPU Master or No Frills CPU.

Download Corvus5 SP1 at the bottom of this thread!

If you have issues with the battery indicator not updating, check this thread here!

Ohhh yea baby, 4160 on Smartbench 2011 :)

post-715352-1304591602_thumb.png

To Overclock, there are some free apps on the market that should work fine (CPU Meter for one). OR, you could use SetCPU (which supports profiles etc). SetCPU is a PAY FOR app on the MArket. However, if you are a member of XDA forums, you can download it for FREE from here!

The new theme in all it's glory, created from scratch specifically for this ROM.

post-715352-1304591597_thumb.png

The Autorotate widget. This is ON, meaning screen rotation works as normal:

RotateOn.png

And OFF, you should use this for games like Speedx and Raging Thunder 2:

RotateOff.png

Hope you guys enjoy the ROM, a LOT of work has gone in to this from both myself and corvus.

ADDITIONAL THEMES AND APPS (we do not support these themes, flashing an additional theme AFTER ROM setup will wipe your gmail settings!):

Honeycomb theme created by partner2!

post-715352-1303315516_thumb.png

BRAND NEW! Alternate colour schemes by popular demand!

Choose the GRID that suits you!

GRID Classic

GRID-ClassicStatusBar.png

GRID Red

GRID-RedStatusBar.png

GRID Orange

GRID-OrangeStatusBar.png

GRID White

GRID-WhiteStatusBar.png

Original GRID thread is here!

Special edition Host Mode indicator Widget for Corvus5 by ptbw (this is now included in the SP1 patch below)!

Get it here!

post-798666-1304537661.jpg

Instructions on how to change the images are in ptbw's post here!

Corvus5 SP1 Update (flash over Corvus5, no need to wipe!): Corvus5-SP1-Updater.zip | Mirror: Corvus5-SP1-Updater.zip (MD5: 3856D5AD380D3AF76B5C3CBEEF51513A)

Have fun!

newbe5

When will we see any updates to this? Or is that it for this rom now? I do think an overhall and cwm is needed so we have it from scratch after installin this rom.

Also an update from setcpu to No frills cpu control would be nice also. A govener fix for cpu overclock also would be nice. Although this can be done if going from a fresh stock rom without wiping the catch or dev. That way governers stay intact. Anychance to put governers back in.

Also sound still needs proper fix as many thing don't use volume correctly. Also it is still very off with the volume slider after the patch is applied.

This is a great rom as is but it could be a little better with these fixes and more simple for noobs. Also a fix for usb host mode needs sorting because of the problem of no boot after using with pc link.

: O)

Guest CjFox

Try formatting the sdcard from Clockwork.

Hello,

Just tried t his tonight, however it still brings up the same thing. Two penguins and nothing else.

I also tried putting SP1 on right away again before the reboot and all I then get is a blank screen with the backlight on.

Unfortunately, Mum wants the tablet back, so I can't really do any more testing, but this might be something to look at maybe. I'm going to return the device to Modaco.

Perhaps Corvus5 doesn't like the partition changing of the modded stock ROM?

Regardless, thanks for your prompt response last night.

Guest matthewgwilt

I cant seem to get it to acknowledge the location from the wifi.. I can in all the other Roms available for the vega like R8, Vegacomb and even the stock rom

I've switched from GPS setting to WIFI location but some apps just say "trying to find location"

I've flashed this several times just to make sure it wasn't something I had done

Sorry if this has been addressed and is a known bug...