The android for B7610 collection thread

Guest ErnstJanF

Guest shaysus

Btw is it right that the usb cable is nothing more then a charge option in android? Or is there a way to use in android to open sd card?

Edited by shaysus

Guest erikcas
Hi I'm the owner of samsung gt-b7620 and I have a problem with the calibration screen, the left and right side is pressed, the same was at android 2.1 Is there a solution to this problem

i tried it on samsung b7620 GA and when launched haret.exe it showed a linux type boot screen and after a while it stopped at: kernal boot failed, unable to something something. What else i need to do? Please help. thnx

Eclair / Froyo on B7620 is not working as it should be. As far as I understand, it could be working. But devs need someone who owns a B7620 and has some coding skills to make it work. Untill now nobody did step forward

So if you do own a B7620 and you have coding skills you can help make it work on your and others B7620.

grtz Erik

Guest centodue
Btw is it right that the usb cable is nothing more then a charge option in android? Or is there a way to use in android to open sd card?

No...it is not right...

Look the other discussion here

About time problem I installed "Widgetsoid" by Market. You can add widget with time that is always correct and update (and create other widget personalized to have fast commands selection)

Bye Giorgio

Guest imanehicham
i can't install it ... because the installation says that can't mount the sd card! any help ? :o

Me to i have the same probleme . i don't know wat to do to instaal the android plzzzz if any one have any solution to this :mellow:

Guest kaspy
Me to i have the same probleme . i don't know wat to do to instaal the android plzzzz if any one have any solution to this :mellow:

well format all our partition in sd card , and then format it in the phone ,

try reinstalling it again

Guest Sugandh Mishra
Eclair / Froyo on B7620 is not working as it should be. As far as I understand, it could be working. But devs need someone who owns a B7620 and has some coding skills to make it work. Untill now nobody did step forward

So if you do own a B7620 and you have coding skills you can help make it work on your and others B7620.

grtz Erik

i do own a b7620 by mistake :mellow: but don't have any knowledge of coding, but now i will try to learn and do something.

Guest shaysus

I have android on my SD card, but i'm thinking about to putt it on 'my storage' little more effort, but

I'm curious about which installation methode other members of modaco like best?

So what do you guys recommend? SD card or My storage?

Guest gdtim

I downloaded the froyo_beta1_1024.zip and installed to internal flash.it can boot to android.

when i copied the zImage and o2b3update.tar.gz to disk0 then run haret

I can't get android splash screen, and phone reboots all the time

i did as the How to install Android on "My Storage"?

sorry for my poor english..

Guest imanehicham

i formatted with every thig with samsung setting and with windows and with MiniTool Partition and with SDFormatter and it still the same error i try every thing my sd works fine on my windows mobile rom But when i try to instale the android haret.exe from O2beta2 folder it never creat the android partition on my sd and it says" CANT MOUNT INTERNAL FLASH !!!!!!! and know it's happen with my to SD know the 4GB and the 2GB plz if there some one could help me i give me sulotion to this probleme

Guest imanehicham

i formatted with every thig with samsung setting and with windows and with MiniTool Partition and with SDFormatter and it still the same error i try every thing my sd works fine on my windows mobile rom But when i try to instale the android haret.exe from O2beta2 folder it never creat the android partition on my sd and it says" CANT MOUNT INTERNAL FLASH !!!!!!! and know it's happen with my to SD know the 4GB and the 2GB plz if there some one could help me i give me sulotion to this probleme

Guest shaysus

I have the same problem. First android on sd worked fine. After that i wanted android on my storage, did that. Now im trying to put it back on sd but i get the same error as in the reply above this one. Working on it, but no luck thus far

Edit: Okey, just fixed it. I did following:

-I changed my 'my storage' from primary to logical in Mini tool partition (so must mean that my storage must be set as logical drive)

-Make sure via Mini tool partition that your sd card is set as primary, if it's logical, change it to primary, else sd card wont be accesable in android

-I Winmobile i recoverd/formated my storage (via settings > memory > my storage)

-I formatted my SD card in Winmo via settings > memory > SD card

Hope this is helpful for others.

Edited by shaysus

Guest jappoman

ok, now the installation works .. but the first update not! the last line of code i see is:

[ 5.322467] r5:00000000 r4:00000000

any ideas ? :unsure:

Edited by jappoman

Guest centodue
ok, now the installation works .. but the first update not! the last line of code i see is:

[ 5.322467] r5:00000000 r4:00000000

any ideas ? :unsure:

si, basta che leggi qualche riga sopra e dove si aspetta di trovare la partizione ext4 di installazione.

Per esempio /dev/mmcblk0p5 e provvedi a correggerlo nel file "default.txt"

In genere:

X = 0 per Mia Memoria

X = 1 per la SD

Y = 2, 5 o 6 (dipende da come è stato assegnato nella creazione partizione)

Yes, you can read some row upper and there is the indication of the ext4 partition.

For example /dev/mmcblk0p5 and you must edit "default.txt" file with correct mmcblkXpY

In general:

X = 0 for My memory

X = 1 for SD card

Y = 2, 5 o 6 (depending on assignment during partion creation)

Ciao

Giorgio

Edited by centodue

Guest jappoman

scusa ma non ho proprio capito ... dove sarebbe questo file default.txt? e la riga dove mi dice la partizione?

sorry but i haven't understand ... where are the default.txt file? and the line when it says me the partition ?

thx

Guest Kleb
yes I confirm that is a problem since new Froyo. It was not present with previous Enclair version.

If you go in sleep and after some minute wake up it is refreshed but if you remain in wake up upper time is not updated continually but remain freeze to the wake up value.

About 8GB SD memory you should check if it has some hardware problem making some memory test . Maybe there is some faulty and it creates SOD.

Is there some sort of fix for the freezing clock in the status bar?

Guest elbee72
Step-by-step: Install android on SD-card

1. Requirements

You will need the files below before you proceed:

Android installation

2D/3D drivers

B7610 support files

love your guide, very clear and to the point.

but why do you mirror the Kernel-B7610-froyo-REV51.zip alias B7610 support files?

please don't mirror this file for the same reasons you don't mirror the Android installation file.

Edited by elbee72

Guest centodue
scusa ma non ho proprio capito ... dove sarebbe questo file default.txt? e la riga dove mi dice la partizione?

sorry but i haven't understand ... where are the default.txt file? and the line when it says me the partition ?

thx

Ti ho risposto in privato , se hai bisogno ho un file PDF di istruzioni in italiano per installare in Mia Memoria

I answered in PM, if you need I have italian instruction PDF file to install in My Memory

Ciao

Giorgio

Guest centodue
I have the same problem. First android on sd worked fine. After that i wanted android on my storage, did that. Now im trying to put it back on sd but i get the same error as in the reply above this one. Working on it, but no luck thus far

Edit: Okey, just fixed it. I did following:

-I changed my 'my storage' from primary to logical in Mini tool partition (so must mean that my storage must be set as logical drive)

-Make sure via Mini tool partition that your sd card is set as primary, if it's logical, change it to primary, else sd card wont be accesable in android

-I Winmobile i recoverd/formated my storage (via settings > memory > my storage)

-I formatted my SD card in Winmo via settings > memory > SD card

Hope this is helpful for others.

mmmm...I have not created "logical" using this indications.

Internal memory is :

512 MB default partition (logical)

1420 MB FAT32 (primary)

not possible to change FAT32 in logical with Mini Tool!

The option is available only for 512 MB but every time I format as Logical FAT32 the remaining memory, it changes in Primary :)

I used the next steps (and then the the same in sd card) with Mini Tool to obtain LOGICAL, one operation for time applying immediately every step:

- resize FAT32 (not important final size)

- format the unformatted area of memory (obtained after resize) , choosing FAT32 "logical"

- delete the first resized FAT32 partition (during this step you will see Primary change in Logical) --> become "unallocated"

- Resize the FAT32 Logical using all the Unallocated area (it remains as LOGICAL)

After all the operations you will have:

1) FAT 32 Logical

2) 512 MB (default of WMO) Logical

but in every case my SD CARD is not mounted :unsure:

Guest hayabusagr
Step-by-step: Install android on SD-card

1. Requirements

You will need the files below before you proceed:

Android installation

2D/3D drivers

B7610 support files

2. Unpacking files

You will need the 3 downloaded files, so I recommend to unpack them to a location that isn't that hard to find.

post-591484-1303459895_thumb.png

You can unzip it like this:

post-591484-1303459955_thumb.png

3. Putting the files on 'My storage'

Put the phone into 'Mass storage' and select 'My Storage'.

You will see it on Windows (computer):

post-591484-1303460071_thumb.png

Copy the contents from 'Froyo_beta1_1024' to 'My Storage' likt this:

post-591484-1303460206_thumb.png

4. Install Android

First, unplug your phone from the computer.

NOTE: You will need more than 1GB of free space on your SD-card before proceeding!

On your phone, open your file manager and go to 'My storage'.

Next, open the folder 'o2beta'. You will see 4 files:

haret.exe, sd.cpio.gz, startup.txt, zImage.

Launch haret.exe and click 'Run'.

If the installation fails, look at the error message and check the 'known issues below this post'.

Your phone will now reboot back into Windows Mobile.

5. Installing updates

Plug your phone back in, so you get the 'My Storage' on your computer.

Copy the file I selected in the screenshot below to 'My Storage':

post-591484-1303460610_thumb.png

You will now have the following in 'My Storage':

post-591484-1303460797_thumb.png

Unplug the phone again

Go back into the filemanager on your phone, and launch the haret.exe on your 'My Storage'. NOT the one you used in step 4, but the one next to the log.txt.

You will now see Android boot (It can take about 5 minutes the first time..).

Once you can use Android, DO NOT do anything. Instead, hold the END_CALL (Hangup) button and press 'Reboot' or 'Shutdown'.

You are now back in Windows Mobile.

6. Install support files for B7610

Hook up the phone to your computer (yes, again! I promise this is the last time).

Go into your downloaded files folder, and select these files:

post-591484-1303461098_thumb.png

Copy those to 'My storage'. You will get a warning that 'zImage' already exists, overwrite it.

post-591484-1303461337_thumb.png

Check if you have the same as me:

post-591484-1303461366_thumb.png

Unplug your phone, and launch haret.exe like you did in step 5. (From my storage, not from o2beta folder!)

Enjoy :-)

Hello and thanks for the detailed guide.

I would like to ask you how much time it takes for the phone to move from step 4 to the reboot.

I mean, I run HaRET, the linux boots, but even if I wait for 15-20 minutes it seems to stack and never reboots.

Does it need more time ?

Thank you in advance

Edited by hayabusagr

Guest Headie690

I don't have any "log.txt". And if i try to boot Android, it seems like it just freezes. Perhaps because of the missing file. Why I don't have this File ? I think i have done everything, like describend in the tutorial.

Can anybody help me please ?

Guest just-maxxer

Installes fine, workes fine, but still some things.

It is very important to follow every step exactly! And after installing other programs it sometimes is neccesary to reinstall the 2 updates.

SOD has killed my text-messager though :P

Luckily Whatsapp still works, for now, you never know when it's going to freeze (while in standby SOD). For now staying with WinMo 6.5 but will keep these threads in mind :rolleyes:

Edited by just-maxxer