Update V10D + Baseband 0405 available through LG Update software

Guest alncool

Guest goatee

Something is definitely up there - if it's stock 10D, you could be best off getting it replaced :unsure:.

Right, tried with some more cables and on different USB ports. Also, uninstalled driver, reinstalled and rebooted both PC and phone, tried disabling/enabling USB Debugging etc etc. Still all I get is the phone charging when connected to USB. I'm at a loss. Anyone got a solution? reckon it is a hardware problem and needs replacing? Would a factory reset help at all here? I used to be able to connect to USB earlier but have noticed it not working since updating to V10D

Guest mparack
Something is definitely up there - if it's stock 10D, you could be best off getting it replaced :unsure:.

Yes already talking to LG and phones4u.

Both have bloody premium 0844 numbers so was chatting with them. As expected, the 'advisors' have no clue about what they are talking. LG suggested they could advise me on alternative methods to perform the tasks you would with a USB connection rather than solve the problem!!!

I think I'll try a factory restore tonight and see what that does. Have seen some samsung/nexus users have had similar problems and some had to get the motherboard replaced!!

Guest goatee

If you can find a local store which has one in stock, you could try going in, and asking to exchange it. Retailers are loathe to have a customer complaining loudly but fairly with a faulty product. . .

Yes already talking to LG and phones4u.

Both have bloody premium 0844 numbers so was chatting with them. As expected, the 'advisors' have no clue about what they are talking. LG suggested they could advise me on alternative methods to perform the tasks you would with a USB connection rather than solve the problem!!!

I think I'll try a factory restore tonight and see what that does. Have seen some samsung/nexus users have had similar problems and some had to get the motherboard replaced!!

Guest mparack
If you can find a local store which has one in stock, you could try going in, and asking to exchange it. Retailers are loathe to have a customer complaining loudly but fairly with a faulty product. . .

Don't think they will exchange it as I purchased it online. When I went instore to purchase, their rates were much higher than their own website and I was told that they operate as separate businesses competing against each other. Waiting for responses from both LG and phones4u now

Guest goatee

Ah. . . that's stupid. How long have you had the handset? Can you use Distance Selling Regulations to your advantage?

Don't think they will exchange it as I purchased it online. When I went instore to purchase, their rates were much higher than their own website and I was told that they operate as separate businesses competing against each other. Waiting for responses from both LG and phones4u now

Guest mparack
Ah. . . that's stupid. How long have you had the handset? Can you use Distance Selling Regulations to your advantage?

Called phones4u and surprisingly they agreed to replace the handset despite it being over a month old. The factory reset didn't work as expected. Now need to call the head office and give them the reference code to get the replacement shipped. Thanks for your help goatee.

Guest goatee

No worries - glad P4U were reasonable :P.

Called phones4u and surprisingly they agreed to replace the handset despite it being over a month old. The factory reset didn't work as expected. Now need to call the head office and give them the reference code to get the replacement shipped. Thanks for your help goatee.

Guest mparack

So I was waiting for p4u to send me the 'bag' to return the phone in before I got the replacement shipped to me. I had my phone plugged in to the USB of my laptop for about an hour to charge it when suddenly:-

I get a notifiation that drivers were being installed for my device and I hear a ding from my O2x saying that USB connected and debugging mode connected!

Absolutely no idea what went wrong but phone seems rather temperamental. It has been working ok after that and first thing I did was root it. Not sure whether or not to replace it now!!!

Guest goatee
So I was waiting for p4u to send me the 'bag' to return the phone in before I got the replacement shipped to me. I had my phone plugged in to the USB of my laptop for about an hour to charge it when suddenly:-

I get a notifiation that drivers were being installed for my device and I hear a ding from my O2x saying that USB connected and debugging mode connected!

Absolutely no idea what went wrong but phone seems rather temperamental. It has been working ok after that and first thing I did was root it. Not sure whether or not to replace it now!!!

I think I'd send it in for replacement anyway - although I guess it could have been a computer issue. .