£399 at O2 Pay and Go

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest glossywhite
by the way has anyone got any better deal!!

My mate just got one on contract, but after 3 days he says he hates it. I've just bought it for £80 :mellow:

Woo hoooo!!

*AHEM* - I just woke up from a wonderful dream... :o

Edited by glossywhite

Guest DickieUK

Had mine since the 27th, and can confirm there is no reference to NFC on the device.

I've read mixed reports, some say the device is sporting the hardware and will receive an update to enable the settings and may require an additional NFC supporting SIM, others say that its only available in certain countries PERIOD.

Ive heard 'evidence' for both sides of the argument, including that Samsung have stated they wanted to push NFC in the UK for the 2012 olympics...

I know the Korean dump contained an app (NFC.apk), which i thought about instaling, but i have no NFC devices to test it with :/

Dickie

Guest dr_ysp
Had mine since the 27th, and can confirm there is no reference to NFC on the device.

I've read mixed reports, some say the device is sporting the hardware and will receive an update to enable the settings and may require an additional NFC supporting SIM, others say that its only available in certain countries PERIOD.

Ive heard 'evidence' for both sides of the argument, including that Samsung have stated they wanted to push NFC in the UK for the 2012 olympics...

I know the Korean dump contained an app (NFC.apk), which i thought about instaling, but i have no NFC devices to test it with :/

Dickie

r u in uk, do u have oyster travel card? that is nfc

Guest MrChaz
Can you also confirm if NFC is missing from the UK handset?

Just tried a couple of NFC tags and no dice. The standard Tags app isn't there and nor are the config settings.

So unless the actual one is different from the demo one I got to play with there's no NFC

Guest davidhorn

Picked one up today - unfortunately they made me buy a £10 top up to go with it, but on the bright side the phone was unlocked!

Guest Scottland

I've heard a rumor that O2 will stop selling you a PayG S2 due to short stock supply. No idea if it will come back at a higher price or not, so fill yer boots while you can.

Guest l0ck1e

Got mine from o2 yesterday £399. Coupled the new phone with a new GiffGaff sim. £10 a month = Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Data and 250 mins Calls.

GiffGaff

Guest redmongoose

Having played with a sgs2 today I have taken the plunge :mellow:

I was really amazed by the weight compared to my dhd

Hope it comes unlocked :o

Great work on insecure boot as always Paul.

Guest DarthOps
I've heard a rumor that O2 will stop selling you a PayG S2 due to short stock supply. No idea if it will come back at a higher price or not, so fill yer boots while you can.

Damn, looks like this might be the case, no stock at all in central Scotland, can't even see it on the O2 website either under payg :mellow: